Houston Texans Traded Deandre Hopkins to Arizona Cardinals for David Johnson

Vic Mackey

Just now, C-Man said:

Insanely odd. I would've talked to them about sending them Zeke for a deal that would bring Hopkins to Dallas.

Fuck yeah. Then you let Cooper walk. But I am sure Texans did not want to take on Zeke's contract as the highest paid RB. I have not looked at David Johnson's contract situation.

I would never trade my QB's best target for a RB. This is now a passing league. You want your QB to have his targets. You have outlier teams like the Niners who can win with a run game and limited QB play but it's few and far in between. Watson will be wanting a big payday soon. Does he even want to stay in Houston now?

• Like 1

Just now, Bevo said:

The Texans need WRs. I guess they plan on using free agency. A second round pick isn't going to replace Hopkins.

Maybe, they want to gut the team.

Are they trying to gut the team since Watson is going to demand a huge payday? I'd look at other spots before taking away his best target.

Just now, Dr Fear said:

This is what happens when you have a coach that is also a GM on the super hot seat.  

But wouldn't you want your best players if you are on the hot seat? Texans were fine at RB from out outsider's perspective. Their next best WR is Fuller who seems to be injured a lot. WRs like Hopkins aren't just floating around in free agency that often or later in the draft. Although Amari Cooper hit free agency just a few hours ago. Although he might command the highest salary of a WR currently. And from a Cowboys fan who saw him play for 2 years now, he disappears a lot when you need him the most. I'd take Hopkins any day of the week over him.

5 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Big WTF moment for the Texans.  Along with JJ and Watson, the best player on the team.

Which is funny because you sign him to an extension before you trade away Dhop if you think he's the answer.

This will go down as one of the most one sided trades of all time. The NFL has become a passing driven league, why would you trade away one of the most dominant receivers who shined despite a carousel of trash throwing him the ball early in his career for a RB with a bloated contract who hasn't had any kind of meaningful impact since 2016?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

David Johnson hasn’t been any good since 2016. 

There was one offseason where he was hyped up to be the next best thing at the position. I honestly didn't even know he played last year. Although a lot of that is because he plays for the Cardinals. Which actually are building a pretty good offense.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

There was one offseason where he was hyped up to be the next best thing at the position. I honestly didn't even know he played last year. Although a lot of that is because he plays for the Cardinals. Which actually are building a pretty good offense.

He got hurt and basically didn’t play the next season. And he has been below average since.

13 minutes ago, Chad said:

This will go down as one of the most one sided trades of all time. The NFL has become a passing driven league, why would you trade away one of the most dominant receivers who shined despite a carousel of trash throwing him the ball early in his career for a RB with a bloated contract who hasn't had any kind of meaningful impact since 2016?

is it possible to cut johnson and get that cap room, maybe?  no idea if that's valuable but maybe?

Edited by elfenix

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fuck yeah. Then you let Cooper walk. But I am sure Texans did not want to take on Zeke's contract as the highest paid RB. I have not looked at David Johnson's contract situation.

I would never trade my QB's best target for a RB. This is now a passing league. You want your QB to have his targets. You have outlier teams like the Niners who can win with a run game and limited QB play but it's few and far in between. Watson will be wanting a big payday soon. Does he even want to stay in Houston now?

Fuck no. I hope all the big stars get out of town before their careers get messed up like Andre Johnson.

• Fuck You 2