Houston Texans Traded Deandre Hopkins to Arizona Cardinals for David Johnson

Vic Mackey

Is it possible Obrien had an idea he was going to be fired real soon so he went nuclear on the way out just to be an asshole? That Hopkins trade will go down like the Herschel Walker trade especially if the cardinals make the playoffs while that blOwU midget works on winning a MVP because of hopkins presence. 

25 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Is it possible Obrien had an idea he was going to be fired real soon so he went nuclear on the way out just to be an asshole? That Hopkins trade will go down like the Herschel Walker trade especially if the cardinals make the playoffs while that blOwU midget works on winning a MVP because of hopkins presence. 

I honestly don't think he was in any danger of being fired until the Hopkins trade.  I will still never understand how every move this motherfucker made was to "win-now" and all of them made the Texans immediately worse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The only thing I can think of is that he felt way too secure / overconfident and thought he would just purge players he didn’t like dealing with.  Hopkins is bitching about his contract?  Trade him for whatever - just get rid of him.  Clowney is a pain in the ass?  Trade him for whatever, too.   It’s like a bizarro world Jimmy Johnson who cuts Michael Irvin, Erik Williams, Charles Haley and Leon Lett instead of the spare backup who fumbled and fell asleep in a meeting.  

haha! I always felt like Jimmy knew he was done with Jerry Jones as soon as he found another job he wanted. If Bill was that arrogant to think he could trade hopkins after calling him a thug and fucking up the locker room then man he's a lot like Tom Herman. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I enjoy mocking the Texans and arguing with my family and friends about how embarrassing they are, so I guess I’m that asshole. Oh well. 

Anyway, I was watching the late games on mute while cooking last night and they flashed over, live, to show the Murray hail Mary to Hopkins. I just kind of watched in silence for a seconds and thought, “well, that is just about the most Texans thing ever” and went back to making gravy. 

It doesn’t matter who the next guy is Houston. That franchise could fuck up a soup sandwich. 

As an anti Texans fan since they hired casserly and capers and drafted Carr, who became militantly anti Texans when they passed on DJ and VY in back to back years my cup overflows with Texans misery. This gutting of the organization by a moronic sociopath is just so so delicious I can’t hardly help myself. Then, something like Hopkins catching a game ending Hail Mary on the same day the Texans manage one score is just so so so Texans. 
why anyone would root for that franchise that was old enough to no be literally forced into it by birth timeline I don’t understand. 

• Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The only thing I can think of is that he felt way too secure / overconfident and thought he would just purge players he didn’t like dealing with.  Hopkins is bitching about his contract?  Trade him for whatever - just get rid of him.  Clowney is a pain in the ass?  Trade him for whatever, too.   It’s like a bizarro world Jimmy Johnson who cuts Michael Irvin, Erik Williams, Charles Haley and Leon Lett instead of the spare backup who fumbled and fell asleep in a meeting.  

I have a theory that Bill O'Brien got too busy with work and stopped paying attention to the rest of the league in 2017 and he became that friend in your fantasy league that doesn't really keep up with the times and still spends a first round pick on Lesean McCoy.

David Johnson, hell yeah!  Brandin Cooks, what a steal! Randall Cobb, take my money!

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

As an anti Texans fan since they hired casserly and capers and drafted Carr, who became militantly anti Texans when they passed on DJ and VY in back to back years my cup overflows with Texans misery. This gutting of the organization by a moronic sociopath is just so so delicious I can’t hardly help myself. Then, something like Hopkins catching a game ending Hail Mary on the same day the Texans manage one score is just so so so Texans. 
why anyone would root for that franchise that was old enough to no be literally forced into it by birth timeline I don’t understand. 

I root for the Texans because I grew up in Houston and lived there for another 11 years after college, including the year the Texans were born.  That's my hometown and that's my team.  It really shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

I cheer for all Texas teams except for the Mavericks and A&M (and Rockets if they are playing the Spurs). I hope the Texans eventually figure it out. My dream would for one day the Texans and Cowboys play each other in the Super Bowl. I doubt I will see it in my lifetime as both organizations are run about as poorly as an organization can be, but I’ll keep dreaming it nonetheless.

28 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I root for the Texans because I grew up in Houston and lived there for another 11 years after college, including the year the Texans were born.  That's my hometown and that's my team.  It really shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Do you patronize every inept business that moves to the city?

i wasn’t born into or raised a Texan fan- it was a new deal after I was an adult. To each his own. 
my last sentence went a little too far. It’s how I see the thing but not everyone else has to, obviously. 

45 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

There's some hilarious lack of awareness from Cowboys fans in here. 

Does anyone want to know why the Texans are my team? Because I decided against the Cowboys being my team.

How many playoff wins does Dallas have since the Texans became a franchise? 

51 minutes ago, Hate said:

I cheer for all Texas teams except for the Mavericks and A&M (and Rockets if they are playing the Spurs). I hope the Texans eventually figure it out. My dream would for one day the Texans and Cowboys play each other in the Super Bowl. I doubt I will see it in my lifetime as both organizations are run about as poorly as an organization can be, but I’ll keep dreaming it nonetheless.

51 minutes ago, Hate said:

Just now, Hate said:

Someone do a welfare check maybe?

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

The Texans suck. BoB sucks.

You kinda sound like an aggy. 

• Fuck You 2

13 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

BoB set the franchise back 5 years in the past 10 months 

This can’t be stated enough.

After what is likely to be a 5 win season this year (at best), the highest draft pick for the Texans is going to be in the [checks notes] third round?

There are so many holes on this roster right now.

I know he signed that large contract, but does anyone really think Watson is going to stay in Houston for an entire rebuild?

My $ is that after next year’s abortion, he’s traded for draft picks as it’ll be obvious a total and complete rebuild is needed / demanded by the new head coach / GM.