Takeout in the time of Coronavirus

Sbbruin

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I ate some fried shrimp and cheddar biscuits like a champ.
My first real job was waiting tables at a Red Lobster. I do middlebrow American remarkably well.

Indeed. It's not like he asked for Long John Silvers.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:51 PM, Js1 said:

It's basically the perfect burger -

meat

cheese

onions

pickles

As long as its mustard only, I'd take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant. 

It's really great.  Only issue I had was the beet ketchup that came with it.  That stuff was nasty.

I got takeout last night from a small, strip-mall tex-mex restaurant -- Nuevo Mexico on Anderson.  God, it was glorious -- hadn't had tex-mex in a long time.

Also, I went inside to pick it up, and their dining room was open -- with just one occupied table in the joint.  When I got home, I mentioned that to the family - if we end up REALLY wanting to go eat in a public dining room, something like that would work.  Just a neighborhood joint, on an odd weekday night.  The staff was cleaning as I was there -- regular mopping and wiping down surfaces, big container of hand sanitizer out for staff and guests.

Am I saying we're rushing to go eat there?  No.  But going there is at least a possibility at this point.  And man, enchiladas and queso were so good.

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Thoughts on sushi takeout?  My oldest's birthday is coming up and he loves sushi.  I'm not sure I'm OK with eating raw food prepared by someone else right now, though.  

I have no issues getting cooked food from restaurants.

Well you can't be exposed by ingestion, so presumably even if some covid-infested sushi worker coughed and sneezed and blew snot all over your raw fish, you're still okay as long as you don't pick it up with your hands and then pick your nose, or alternatively as long as you don't jam the chopsticks up your nose...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Well you can't be exposed by ingestion, so presumably even if some covid-infested sushi worker coughed and sneezed and blew snot all over your raw fish, you're still okay as long as you don't pick it up with your hands and then pick your nose, or alternatively as long as you don't jam the chopsticks up your nose...

If you jam them far enough up your nose, you can send them in to be tested for COVID. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

But just the nose, right? Anywhere else is kosher?

that's gonna be my bday lunch on sunday.

Happy birthday!

It's basically the perfect burger -
meat
cheese
onions
pickles
As long as its mustard only, I'd take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant. 

PSA- I was craving a burger the other day and lil doddy isn’t too far from me. They are doing a basic 1/4 lb American cheeseburger - mustard, ketchup, pickles, cheese - with fries for $4.99. I got two of them sans ketchup (because I’m an adult) and gave my wife most of the fries. It’s a great fucking deal.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, Chewbacca said:

Thoughts on sushi takeout?  My oldest's birthday is coming up and he loves sushi.  I'm not sure I'm OK with eating raw food prepared by someone else right now, though.  

The Uchii locations in Austin are running crazy waits for pickup and no bodies are piling up the streets.  Probably fine.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, Chewbacca said:

we've had Kome four times during quarantine... i'm a sucker, frickin love it and they've done well with takeout that i can tell

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

076e5f0943e39b3f2ed0662f00598fde.jpg

Loro’s And...Burger

Our collaborative burger with Chef Aaron Franklin and Matthew McConaughey to raise money for Frontline Foods. An 8oz Brisket Patty on a Brioche Bun, with Smoked Bacon, Jalapeno Aioli, Mustard, American Cheese, Butter Lettuce, Pickled Jalapenos, and Tomato.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the challenges I'm finding I'm struggling with is eating in my car.  I take a lunch, go pick something up, and rather than coming back and eating at my desk (where I've been sitting all morning and frankly I just need to get out of there), I'll eat in my car.  Listen to the radio, read the paper, etc,  since I can't sit down in the restaurant.  But over the last couple of months, having dropped a morsel of food between the seats about once per meal, who knows wtf I have growing b/w the seats.  My car is one where that spot between the driver's seat and the center console is an inaccessible void from which nothing returns.  Frightening to think.

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

One of the challenges I'm finding I'm struggling with is eating in my car.  I take a lunch, go pick something up, and rather than coming back and eating at my desk (where I've been sitting all morning and frankly I just need to get out of there), I'll eat in my car.  Listen to the radio, read the paper, etc,  since I can't sit down in the restaurant.  But over the last couple of months, having dropped a morsel of food between the seats about once per meal, who knows wtf I have growing b/w the seats.  My car is one where that spot between the driver's seat and the center console is an inaccessible void from which nothing returns.  Frightening to think.

Park bench maybe?