Tom Brady Announces He Will Not Return To the Patriots

Vic Mackey

The Ticketmaster website where Bucs tickets are sold is currently giving users a message saying, “You are now in line. Due to demand, you may experience an extended wait time.” The website says more than 1,000 people are currently trying to buy season tickets.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/17/demand-surges-for-buccaneers-season-tickets/

12 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

TB in TB.  That defense would be even more legit with someone not turning the ball over all the fucking time.

But does Teddy know how to sling it? The WRs they have in Tampa are explosive and one thing Winston did well was get the ball down the field. Teddy seems a lot more conservative to me and working the shorter routes. Not sure if Tampa's offense peaks with that formula. Sure he might not turn it over but is that enough to up total? Because those big time plays down the field will be decreased. I'm sure they can pick up a few wins because of this but then they will probably lose a few games because they can't hit any big plays. Teddy worked great in NO because their offense was designed to be the short intermediate stuff.

39 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

But does Teddy know how to sling it? The WRs they have in Tampa are explosive and one thing Winston did well was get the ball down the field. Teddy seems a lot more conservative to me and working the shorter routes. Not sure if Tampa's offense peaks with that formula. Sure he might not turn it over but is that enough to up total? Because those big time plays down the field will be decreased. I'm sure they can pick up a few wins because of this but then they will probably lose a few games because they can't hit any big plays. Teddy worked great in NO because their offense was designed to be the short intermediate stuff.

Other than being in the same division, what does teddy have to do with Tampa? Or did I read that wrong?

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Other than being in the same division, what does teddy have to do with Tampa? Or did I read that wrong?

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Complete brainfart above. I somehow thought Teddy B was going to the Bucs to replace Winston when he's really going to Carolina and Brady is going to Tampa. Furk. Disregard any of that

Tom Brady

13 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Im just waiting for NE to sign Jamies Winston or Andy Dalton, draft a wr in the first rd who is in the running for OROY, and end up going 11-5 or 10-6 while winning the division. I’m not saying that’s gonna happen, but would it really shock anyone?

I'm like 90% sure a Jameis led Pats with Belicheck at the helm could win the division. I'm much less certain if their QB is Dalton. 

23 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The Ticketmaster website where Bucs tickets are sold is currently giving users a message saying, “You are now in line. Due to demand, you may experience an extended wait time.” The website says more than 1,000 people are currently trying to buy season tickets.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/17/demand-surges-for-buccaneers-season-tickets/

What's the over/under on deaths before the NFL gets cancelled? Has to be at least in the hundreds of thousands. 

• 1 month later...

Don’t know how to link Ian Rappaport but he just said Gronkowski has told the Patriots he wants to play this year but only for the Bucs and with Tom Brady.  He is demanding a trade there.  Not sure how I feel about this.  I am not rooting against Brady per se but I also don’t think loading the Bucs up just to win a Super Bowl makes sense unless they give up some draft capital or young players.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Arians system essentially ignores the TE, so we'll see what happens. 

This isn't Jason Garrett's offense where the TE runs 3 yard outs and 5 yard curls. Gronk is a hybrid WR. A really big one who can get down the field. He will fit in just fine.

I don't know if Bill Belichick is very good at trades. He didn't get much in return for Jimmy or Brisket, gave up a 2nd rounder for Sanu and traded Gronk along with a 7th rounder to move up to the 4th round. I figured the Patriots would've received OJ Howard and a late round pick, they truly have jack shit at TE. The Patriots are going all in on a tank for Trevor Lawrence?

18 minutes ago, Chad said:

I don't know if Bill Belichick is very good at trades. He didn't get much in return for Jimmy or Brisket, gave up a 2nd rounder for Sanu and traded Gronk along with a 7th rounder to move up to the 4th round. I figured the Patriots would've received OJ Howard and a late round pick, they truly have jack shit at TE. The Patriots are going all in on a tank for Trevor Lawrence?

They had no leverage.  Once Gronk filed the reinstatement paperwork they couldn’t get his salary under the cap anyways so they had to trade him.  Technically the Pats got a 4th round pick for essentially nothing as Gronk was retired and never coming back to the Pats.  It is a positive for the Patriots since they got something for nothing but as a fan it will be hard watching Brady to Gronk in a Bucs uniform.  Also, knowing Belichick he will trade that 4th round pick for 3 6th rounders and then draft 3 players that were predicted to go undrafted.  He will then cut all 3 of those players before training camp even happens.  It is what it is.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chad said:

I would argue the opposite. Does he always get the best of it in trades, no. In aggregate, I would say he runs laps around the rest of the league in roster composition/management and has been doing so for years. 

The Sanu trade was a mega fail. He was ATL’s WR3...how is that worth an second rounder? Then he didn’t do shit in NE after he got there. Losing that #2 is big for the aging Patriots...spinning a #2 for two #3’s is Bill’s bag, baby!

Getting a fourth rounder for Gronk is fine. I’m surprised they got anything because they had zero leverage. I would have offered a 7th if I was Tampa, and if Bill didn’t like it you wait until Gronk unretires and NE has to cut him.