Texas Athletics

Armybrat

Yesterday’s LHF email said the deadline for renewing season tickets is extended to May 1st.

Am wondering if the upcoming season will be in doubt, and if it gets canceled will refunds be forthcoming? (Not that I’m counting on being alive anyway) Mrs. Brat might appreciate the little “windfall”.

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Yesterday’s LHF email said the deadline for renewing season tickets is extended to May 1st.

Am wondering if the upcoming season will be in doubt, and if it gets canceled will refunds be forthcoming? (Not that I’m counting on being alive anyway) Mrs. Brat might appreciate the little “windfall”.

I can't think football's in much doubt. Even the most aggressive measures are only going through May, and if we can successfully mimic China, the number of infected does hit a plateau and gradual decline phase.

• Like 1

Well good thing for Austin, it's still 100 fucking degrees everyday in September, or what you Texans call "Autumn".  For once in my life, I'm looking forward to blazing heat.  

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Probably would offer reimbursement/credit as they are for the Spring sports.

Many of you, our valued and passionate Baseball and Softball season ticket holders and ticket purchasers, have asked about your options. We have a few ways you can manage the remaining balance of your ticket and parking purchases. You can gift the remaining value to the Longhorn Foundation, have your account credited for future purchases, or request a refund for your remaining balance by April 3 of this year. You should have received an email with detailed information, but please know you can always reach out to us directly at 512-471-3333.

https://texassports.com/news/2020/3/17/forty-acres-insider-march-17.aspx

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

But history shows pandemics can come back for an encore in the Fall.

History shows once it declines, we won’t even think about the encore. Not everyone lived through 1918-1919

I can't think football's in much doubt. Even the most aggressive measures are only going through May, and if we can successfully mimic China, the number of infected does hit a plateau and gradual decline phase.

"Mimic China" as in constantly change what constitutes a positive infection, limit how many positives individual hospitals and clinics can report, and lock up anyone who tries to tell the truth?

Hey, if it saves the football season, I'm all for it

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Yeah, my dad and grandpa caught it in the second wave that Fall..... both barely survived.

Fucking spoiler alert that shit about your dad next time man!  ;)

My grandpa died a young boy that same era.  

14 minutes ago, ousux said:

"Mimic China" as in constantly change what constitutes a positive infection, limit how many positives individual hospitals and clinics can report, and lock up anyone who tries to tell the truth?

Hey, if it saves the football season, I'm all for it emoji869.png

Hah, only in the sense of everyone being able to isolate effectively, not the totalitarian means.