What would you do if the US Treasury sent you $1,000

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

I was  finally able to set up direct deposit today. A few days ago, it finally changed from "payment status not available" to stating that my information did not match what they had on file. After trying different combinations over the last couple of days (and getting locked out on the 3rd try), it accepted it today - I had to spell out my whole address, no abbreviations at all. So keep trying, it might eventually work.

Haha. I did the same shit and got locked out. finally found the exact AGI and refund/owe amount from 2018. 

It was just sitting in my documents folder labeled 2018 Taxes. I have so little confidence in myself that there was no way I would have saved it to the easiest place possible with the easiest name possible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got it installed over the weekend.  Installer (close friend) came, we left for a while.  He called when he was finished.    Immediately tested by doing a load of dishes, a load of clothes on hot, and wife took a 30 minute shower simultaneously.  

npe-s-nv.png?sha=13d26cae80ea5dbf

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

For those looking for another stimulus check, it’s sounding like it won’t happen again.   They seem to be focusing on businesses for now.   Hopefully things can ease up a lot of those folks needing the money can find help/work.   

There’s almost no way we won’t have a second round of individual stimulus.  The re-opening of the economy is not going to revive incomes to prior levels for quite some time.  We’ll be lucky to get to 10% unemployment by this time next year, maybe 18 mos. 

10 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

There’s almost no way we won’t have a second round of individual stimulus.  The re-opening of the economy is not going to revive incomes to prior levels for quite some time.  We’ll be lucky to get to 10% unemployment by this time next year, maybe 18 mos. 

Congress isn’t in a rush to get another one out.   If they started now, it’ll probably take a few months, since they are still issuing checks for the first go-round.    I would imagine that the millions who still don’t have their checks will be pissed if others get their second check before they got their first.   

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Congress isn’t in a rush to get another one out.   If they started now, it’ll probably take a few months, since they are still issuing checks for the first go-round.    I would imagine that the millions who still don’t have their checks will be pissed if others get their second check before they got their first.   

No doubt, I’m just saying that it’ll likely happen at some point 

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

For those looking for another stimulus check, it’s sounding like it won’t happen again.   They seem to be focusing on businesses for now.   Hopefully things can ease up a lot of those folks needing the money can find help/work.   

4 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

4 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

No doubt, I’m just saying that it’ll likely happen at some point 

Maybe we need another thread, so we don't cross streams. One for citizen stimulus payment#1 and what you are buying or why you don't have it; and stimulus #2 - when, how much & what you doing with it. And then in 6-8 weeks, #3 unicorns for everyone still alive.

I have bought small batches of stocks directly from companies, like a kid collecting whatever those non-Matchbox-car-owning little fucks collect these days, based on the following ideas:

Union Pacific: Choo-choo train go WOOOOO.

MercadoLibre: Nobody in South America is going to look up from their phones, ever.

Fresh DelMonte Produce: Motherfuckers gonna eat and none of those new gardeners know how to garden.

ENI SPA: Italian Oil Company. Closest thing you can get to having Steven Zissou offer you a Glock and a cap.

Harley: Yeah it's down, yeah there are only three aged White men left in the country, but the two of them who survive the Rona are going to buy Hogs for all their mixed-race grandchildren, whose number is Legion. And even if they don't, snaggle-tooth bar hags are gonna buy $60 Harley tshirts from now til they start eating healthy. So, forever.

Now that that is done, I plan on buying chunks of art from painters I know who severely underprice their work.

Edited by RDCanecutter
who the fuck put a t next to a y on a keyboard.

Finally was able to put in my information on Saturday. I kept getting the message that they couldn't verify my information. We use Turbo Tax every year so that explains the lack of banking information. I was able to put our routing and account number in. Now we wait for the payment to finally get going. Hopefully, that's this week. Would enjoy paying off our trip we just took before this all blew up.

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Finally was able to put in my information on Saturday. I kept getting the message that they couldn't verify my information. We use Turbo Tax every year so that explains the lack of banking information. I was able to put our routing and account number in. Now we wait for the payment to finally get going. Hopefully, that's this week. Would enjoy paying off our trip we just took before this all blew up.

Did the same this morning.  Would be nice to get caught up on a few things and put some excess meats in the freezer 

19 hours ago, mdmost said:

19 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Did the same this morning.  Would be nice to get caught up on a few things and put some excess meats in the freezer 

Don't know if this is y'alls issue, but apparently people are fixing the "Payment Status Not Available" error by entering their address in all caps.

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Don't know if this is y'alls issue, but apparently people are fixing the "Payment Status Not Available" error by entering their address in all caps.

It’s COBOL isn’t it?

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6SG3_4.2.0/com.ibm.entcobol.doc_4.2/PGandLR/tasks/tpstr19a.htm

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

It’s COBOL isn’t it?

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6SG3_4.2.0/com.ibm.entcobol.doc_4.2/PGandLR/tasks/tpstr19a.htm

• 3 weeks later...