Dr. Anthony Fauci Appreciation Thread

Texas St. Armadillos

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Where do you get the idea that Fauci was directly advising governors?

You can google it also but there was a meeting in early February 2020 of the nations governors and Fauci and his team.  They established a “hotline “ for advice and counsel on how to deal with the virus.  In fact , many of the governors used those meetings to criticize Trump as they said they were getting all of their information from Fauci.  Cuomo made a big deal about calling Fauci at all times of the night for advice. This was in early March 2020.

obviously, it would be prudent for governors dealing with a new problem like covid to consult with someone like Fauci.  Again, this is why I suspect that Fauci was downplaying the effects on the elderly. It was either that or he told the governors that elderly people were the absolute most vulnerable and the governors still made the decision to send infected people to nursing homes.

You really should go back to late March early April 2020 and look at all of the nursing home operators that were questioning the decision to send infected people to their facilities. It was all over the country. They were literally telling anyone that would listen that people were dying in their nursing homes. Yet there was no criticism of this practice by Fauci until late spring/early summer.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/05/25/fauci-admits-nih-funding-of-wuhan-lab-denies-gain-of-function/amp/

Yea you can’t study bats in fairfax county Virginia because I guess there’s too many rules and restrictions. The honest guys in China will handle it…then blame it on the bats if it escapes.

That’s the plan. Ready break!

Your claim was that Fauci stated to congress that he didn’t know the origin but that the emails prove he did know and that he was lying. At least, that was what it seemed you were claiming. 

I didn’t see that claim supported by the NY post article.  Can you point where?  Did it link the subject email, but I missed it?

25 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Are you a trollish moron?

I guess Obama was President then?  

Lol. I am quite aware that Fauci was originally installed during the Reagan era. I have no idea what that has to do with what we are discussing now.

6 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

You can google it also but there was a meeting in early February 2020 of the nations governors and Fauci and his team.  They established a “hotline “ for advice and counsel on how to deal with the virus.  In fact , many of the governors used those meetings to criticize Trump as they said they were getting all of their information from Fauci.  Cuomo made a big deal about calling Fauci at all times of the night for advice. This was in early March 2020.

obviously, it would be prudent for governors dealing with a new problem like covid to consult with someone like Fauci.  Again, this is why I suspect that Fauci was downplaying the effects on the elderly. It was either that or he told the governors that elderly people were the absolute most vulnerable and the governors still made the decision to send infected people to nursing homes.

You really should go back to late March early April 2020 and look at all of the nursing home operators that were questioning the decision to send infected people to their facilities. It was all over the country. They were literally telling anyone that would listen that people were dying in their nursing homes. Yet there was no criticism of this practice by Fauci until late spring/early summer.  

I can't google it because the interwebs are completely clogged with dogshit alt-right sites talking about how Fauci wouldn't criticize Cuomo after the fact.

32 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

This is the second time I’ve asked for sources about various accusations.  Both times the response is hand wave.

You conspiracy theory guys suck at conspiracy theories.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4104828

This is where some of this might be going.  NIH/Fauci funded EcoHealth(middle man) which it appears may have been using those funds to fund GoF research at WIV.  this is where Paul is going with Fauci and I believe Fauci is being coy about funding GoF at WIV.   I believe Fauci already admitted to some funding for WIV.

there are emails where Fauci is communicating with someone and that person says it appears a portion of the virus potentially looks engineered.   that person ends up writing a paper that says it isn't.  Could there be a cover up there?  who knows but I wouldn't put it past them because it does them no good to confirm the virus was partially engineered/not completely natural.

1 minute ago, sheeeit said:

Lol. I am quite aware that Fauci was originally installed during the Reagan era. I have no idea what that has to do with what we are discussing now.

I’m not quite sure what we are discussing now has to have with what is happening now.  What’s your point?  Why are you upset?

11 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Also I heard Fauci was present and living in Dallas back in November 1963. I can’t recall him ever denying that he played a part in that assassination either. Has anyone ever explained that one?

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

For a group of people who are so convinced that Fauci is clearly fucked, your explanations all contain a lot of “coulds” and “appears” and “I believes.”

Clearly you missed the part where he explained there was a meeting in early February 2020.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

This is where some of this might be going.  NIH/Fauci funded EcoHealth(middle man) which it appears may have been using those funds to fund GoF research at WIV.  this is where Paul is going with Fauci and I believe Fauci is being coy about funding GoF at WIV.   I believe Fauci already admitted to some funding for WIV.

there are emails where Fauci is communicating with someone and that person says it appears a portion of the virus potentially looks engineered.   that person ends up writing a paper that says it isn't.  Could there be a cover up there?  who knows but I wouldn't put it past them because it does them no good to confirm the virus was partially engineered/not completely natural.

Ok. Thanks for providing.

The accusation against fauci is that he lied to congress by saying he didn’t know the origin when he actually did know.  The source you provided indicates scientist said the virus looked potentially engendered, but then a few months later published a paper saying the virus was not engineered. That interesting stuff but isn’t evidence he lied, from my understanding. 

Your claim was that Fauci stated to congress that he didn’t know the origin but that the emails prove he did know and that he was lying. At least, that was what it seemed you were claiming. 
I didn’t see that claim supported by the NY post article.  Can you point where?  Did it link the subject email, but I missed it?

Claim is in the video on the top of the web page.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/timeline-what-dr-fauci-has-said-about-wuhan-lab-covids-origins-1594698%3Famp%3D1

I know I know. Tucker

2:35-3:35 to save you your eyes

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

That's a fair assessment, but the researcher's email is sufficiently ambivalent that I don't think that it indicates a "course change" or coverup.  And I seriously doubt that Andersen would have published in Nature something that is the result of a coverup.  That's a career-ender for a scientist.  If he wanted to get involved in the politics of it, or "covering" for Fauci, he would not have done so by publishing an article in Nature.

The email from Kristian Andersen is posted above, you can read it for yourself.  And I linked Andersen's article in Nature, as well, if you want to see the source docs.

Also, I find it amusing that people think Fauci's attention should have been captured by a suggestion that the virus was manufactured.  At that stage of things, it's origin was mostly irrelevant.  The looming question was what the fuck are we going to do about it.

There's also a set of emails between Fauci and a guy named Auchincloss about an article that seems to indicate that maybe some GoF research was conducted using NIH funds.  They have been labeled "smoking guns" that Fauci/Auchincloss knew it was happening, but that's a very slanted interpretation.  A more neutral interpretation is "here's this article, what the fuck are they doing?"

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

For a group of people who are so convinced that Fauci is clearly fucked, your explanations all contain a lot of “coulds” and “appears” and “I believes.”

I'm not sure who is saying he's clearly fucked.  In fact he's not because even if he did know there are a bunch of folks willing to give him cover.  the WIV/GoF discussion is only about 2 weeks old and the emails are what? 2 days old.

The EcoHealth guy says the you can manipulate the viruses in the lab easily.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I'm not sure who is saying he's clearly fucked.  In fact he's not because even if he did know there are a bunch of folks willing to give him cover.  the WIV/GoF discussion is only about 2 weeks old and the emails are what? 2 days old.

BabaYaga said he was going to be gutted.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yea who gives a shit if the top infectious disease expert is a lying sack of shit.

You, me, tucker, and everyone else. Nobody cares outside of the right wing idiots posting on Facebook trying to make some dumb political point. What that point is doesn’t matter. This whole narrative is driven by right wing idiots which by definition means it’s all just a bunch of useless crap that in a few weeks everyone will have forgotten like the manufactured border crisis of a few weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Ok. Thanks for providing.

The accusation against fauci is that he lied to congress by saying he didn’t know the origin when he actually did know.  The source you provided indicates scientist said the virus looked potentially engendered, but then a few months later published a paper saying the virus was not engineered. That interesting stuff but isn’t evidence he lied, from my understanding. 

so you've already read the emails I see...

I think Paul said he was lying about funding GOF at WIV.  EcoHealth is the middle man(Follow the money, who gets to play Deep Throat this time).

I am glad we agree we have to prove someone lied before we convict them.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

BabaYaga said he was going to be gutted.

well I disagree with Baba because he'll be protected unless Paul truly gets the goods on him and if it is bad enough he'll retire.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You, me, tucker, and everyone else. Nobody cares outside of the right wing idiots posting on Facebook trying to make some dumb political point. What that point is doesn’t matter. This whole narrative is driven by right wing idiots which by definition means it’s all just a bunch of useless crap that in a few weeks everyone will have forgotten like the manufactured border crisis of a few weeks ago.

and the manufactured left wing idiots Russia, Russia, Russia narrative 4 years ago

This is insane. The fact an infectious disease expert commits perjury to save his own ass about a global interrupting once in a lifetime phenomenon that took a FOIA story to uncover his faults and were supposed to not give a shit? Fuck yourself if you buy your own bullshit. I mean holy shit…this guy was going to be raked over the coals for funding dangerous experiments to the Chinese…but he could’ve came out with it in February of 2020 and be better off. but he had a power ego trip to go on. Fuck him
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

well I disagree with Baba because he'll be protected unless Paul truly gets the goods on him and if it is bad enough he'll retire.

Rand Paul can’t even get the goods on a pissed neighbor, a sack of leaves, a lawn mower or a can of hair mousse.  You thinking he has the mental acuity to figure out anything beyond a sack bland of Chik-Fil-A is hilarious.

16 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

There's a big difference between a true cover-up and someone or an entity attempting to defend itself from an obviously politically-biased smear campaign designed to maximize  clicks and views.

Personally, I concluded March 2020 that this thing most likely came from WIV, but it was entirely accidental.  There should be a proper post-mortem on the risk profile / assessments of GoF research, but you can't do that publicly in the current political climate.  You know the climate that's centered around grift and supported by its main pillars - getting the most attention, manipulating anodyne narratives, knee-jerk reactions to everything, and zero critical thinking.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This is insane. The fact an infectious disease expert commits perjury to save his own ass about a global interrupting once in a lifetime phenomenon that took a FOIA story to uncover his faults and were supposed to not give a shit? Fuck yourself if you buy your own bullshit. I mean holy shit…this guy was going to be raked over the coals for funding dangerous experiments to the Chinese…but he could’ve came out with it in February of 2020 and be better off. but he had a power ego trip to go on. Fuck him

LOL. Wake me up when fauci gets arrested. You just accused the guy of, well, maybe you should explain it better what crimes he committed. Should be entertaining.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

image.png.7e465e8e7e368678caabe86747eba545.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

That is far from proven or established.

You're a dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Lab origin makes the most sense given the data points available.  Not lab creation, but lab origin. Multiple SARS outbreaks in early 2000s from lab breakouts.  The WIV site was flagged as having inadequate safety protocols. We have not yet traced the jump from animal to human, but we know that SARS specimens were being collected in Yunnan and transferred to Wuhan. We know that recombination events in coinfected bat species that overlap range in Yunnan can easily account for SARS-Cov2.  Dot connecting is hard. 

LOL. Wake me up when fauci gets arrested. You just accused the guy of, well, maybe you should explain it better what crimes he committed. Should be entertaining.

image.png.7e465e8e7e368678caabe86747eba545.png

That is far from proven or established.
You're a dumbass.

Par for course responses for the hive mind. Tell you you won’t care in 2 weeks, tinfoil hat, name call.

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's a fair assessment, but the researcher's email is sufficiently ambivalent that I don't think that it indicates a "course change" or coverup.  And I seriously doubt that Andersen would have published in Nature something that is the result of a coverup.  That's a career-ender for a scientist.  If he wanted to get involved in the politics of it, or "covering" for Fauci, he would not have done so by publishing an article in Nature.

There's also a set of emails between Fauci and a guy named Auchincloss about an article that seems to indicate that maybe some GoF research was conducted using NIH funds.  They have been labeled "smoking guns" that Fauci/Auchincloss knew it was happening, but that's a very slanted interpretation.  

fair but it isn't anything like a huge stretch that an article/news item/paper is put out to cover or direct attention away from a potential problem. its done in different ways all the time(private/govt/military).  IMO, 95% of the scientific community isn't going to care(this is all Trump's fault, remember?) and as a matter of fact it hurts them if something the scientific community was doing and believes in caused a worldwide pandemic.

Just now, Anastasis said:

Lab origin makes the most sense given the data points available.  Not lab creation, but lab origin. Multiple SARS outbreaks in early 2000s from lab breakouts.  The WIV site was flagged as having inadequate safety protocols. We have not yet traced the jump from animal to human, but we know that SARS specimens were being collected in Yunnan and transferred to Wuhan. We know that recombination events in coinfected bat species that overlap range in Yunnan can easily account for SARS-Cov2.  Dot connecting is hard. 

All true but you’re leaving out the part where fauci funded the Chinese effort to release the virus on us then lied and covered it up. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

There's a big difference between a true cover-up and someone or an entity attempting to defend itself from an obviously politically-biased smear campaign designed to maximize  clicks and views.

Personally, I concluded March 2020 that this thing most likely came from WIV, but it was entirely accidental.  There should be a proper post-mortem on the risk profile / assessments of GoF research, but you can't do that publicly in the current political climate.  You know the climate that's centered around grift and supported by its main pillars - getting the most attention, manipulating anodyne narratives, knee-jerk reactions to everything, and zero critical thinking.

you are smart.  the press and social media would have labeled you a conspiracy theorist.

agree it was almost certainly accidental.  the question is if it was modified/engineered before it "escaped".

Just now, JimmyJames said:

All true but you’re leaving out the part where fauci funded the Chinese effort to release the virus on us then lied and covered it up. 

Right, all while being a deep plant mistakenly appointed by Reagan, and working for Trump while doing it.  If true, maybe republicans should stop electing insane incompetent leaders.   

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Par for course responses for the hive mind. Tell you you won’t care in 2 weeks, tinfoil hat, name call.

Jesus Christ.  Hive mind?

I can read the source documents and they prove nothing, let alone congressional perjury in a no-doubt bullshit inquiry by one of the biggest bullshit artists in the Senate, Rand Paul.

You need to check your own hive mind sources.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

the question is if it was modified/engineered before it "escaped".

The average American cannot make that conclusion.  When you do research, lots of things are "engineered", but that is just a label.  Every experiment includes some level of "engineering".

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

The average American cannot make that conclusion.  When you do research, lots of things are "engineered", but that is just a label.  Every experiment includes some level of "engineering".

"Engineering" is a total distraction imo.  The genomics of the virus can be easily explained via natural evolution events, esp in setting of coinfection and recombination. The locus of origin of the pandemic however, in Wuhan, far away from the sites where such coinfections would occur, with no trace of infection along the way, but origination a stones throw away from where people were concentrating collection of viruses from the regions where the evolution could be easily explained, is compelling imo. Maybe the chain of events that gets the virus out of Yunnan to Wuhan is brought to light.  Or maybe we think long and hard about the NIH funding that was indirectly used to fund that consolidation of samples in Wuhan. 

15 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

sure. is it completely naturally occuring? was the virus modified at all?  If so, by what?  how much?

sure. is it completely naturally occuring? was the virus modified at all?  If so, by what?  how much?

What if it was "natural" (also a label), and infected a researcher who then strolled over to the wet market and coughed on a pangolin, that was then was eaten by a fool.

There's a country song there, I think.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, sheeeit said:

I get it that once it is out it is extremely hard to contain. However, if the exact genome (if that is the correct term) of the virus was made public by the lab as soon as it was known that it had leaked, I have to believe that the disaster could have been significantly reduced. 

The exact genome, at least the first one, was figured out very quickly, whether or not China provided any help on anything. And the vaccine makers were right on it with that sequenced genome.

• Hook 'Em 1