Austin bike shops

Son's mountain bike needs new tires, some repair in the front shift assembly, a basic tuneup, etc.  Our neighborhood shop (Nelo's) closed.  I'd rather not go to one of the big boys like REI. 

We bought the bike at Buck's, and could go back there, but I'm wondering if there are any good smaller shops closer to north central Austin?  (2222/MoPac give or take a few miles)

I think all REI's are closing down anyway.  I'd recommend Bicycle Sport shop.  I know they're a "big boy" as you called it, but I've used them for maintenance for 15 years and they've always done a great job, them appear to be open according to their sites, and their service shops (at least for mine on South Lamar) are way off to the side, so you can still get in/out and avoid people.  

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think all REI's are closing down anyway. 

Wut?

Although sort of a big box type store, REI is generally pretty competent at most things they undertake.  Bike sales and service tend to be one of them.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I think all REI's are closing down anyway.  I'd recommend Bicycle Sport shop.  I know they're a "big boy" as you called it, but I've used them for maintenance for 15 years and they've always done a great job, them appear to be open according to their sites, and their service shops (at least for mine on South Lamar) are way off to the side, so you can still get in/out and avoid people.  

Ditto on Bicycle Sports. Maybe a big boy but didn’t start out that way, and locally owned by Hill Abel.
Hill has been a tremendous supporter of Texas cycling, both road and off road for a very long time. He even spent time on the IMBA board of directors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk