Obama to the Supreme Court

TwiceHorn

15 hours ago, Xian said:

No. After being president a person should never hold public office again. 

i also believe immediate family members of the president shouldn’t be presidents themselves and in general should shy away from public office. 

Buuut our last few first families have Ignored that and I have a feeling our current one will also 

Why?  I mean we only have a pool of one to draw from, but JQA was a bad-ass congressman after being preside

Of course he would have been a bad-ass president too, if not for the obstructionist Jacksonians blocking his entire agenda 'cause they didn't like him...sound familiar?

Edited by DixonHur
forgot about Taft...don't know enough about him to comment. Was only thinking of elected officials for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 6:51 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Im not really interested in some kind of partisan political discussion.  Or when he might be appointed.

I'm more interested in discussion of his qualifications.

You realize your post is whataboutism?

It's not really whataboutism.  It's the political reality now, and how we ended up with Niel Gorshuch.

It's a political equation with less and less to do with qualifications (see: Kavanaugh, Brett).

15 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I recall some people saying he had no qualifications to be President other than being a community organizer.  Or maybe because he was a community organizer.

I don’t think he’s qualified because he’s never been a judge and had a sort of part-timer legal career. 
William Howard Taft is the only person to hold both jobs. Prior to his appointment to the bench as Chief Justice he was a prosecutor, a local  judge, a federal appeals judge, an actual practicing lawyer, a leader in major legal movement and Solicitor General Of the United States. 

I like Obama and he might make a fine judge but he’s not William Howard Taft or any number of the real legal luminaries who should be ahead of him.