Gambling in the age of covid-19

NOMAAA

5 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

thinking neighborhood backyard sports like chipping competition, washers, horseshoes, tetherball, wiffle ball homerun derby.

you just smoked yourself out silly  last night and got stuck on ESPN Ocho didnt you?

come on tell us the truth... you saw the bags competition and thought.... duuuuuuuuuuuuuude.... I can,  like,  gamble on some bags......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, po elvis said:

"Live Racing at Santa Anita Park...Now its not just the horses dying"

I sunk to a new low last night and streamed the races from Fonner Park in Grand Island Nebraska. And gambled. Of course. 

I had the 5 horse to win, and they come out of the gates, and I shit you not the jockey just fell off the horse immediately. Not even five feet into the race. 

No collision, no wild horse, he just fell off. I wish I could find video of it. It was worth the ten bucks just to laugh my ass off at that dipshit. 

Anyway, that's an indication of the quality of the racing. 

Remington Park is pretty bad too. Some of the race horses look more like mules. But it's Oklahoma, so... 

But hey you can watch them and gamble on them. Even in these dark times. America. Fuck yeah. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I sunk to a new low last night and streamed the races from Fonner Park in Grand Island Nebraska. And gambled. Of course. 

I had the 5 horse to win, and they come out of the gates, and I shit you not the jockey just fell off the horse immediately. Not even five feet into the race. 

No collision, no wild horse, he just fell off. I wish I could find video of it. It was worth the ten bucks just to laugh my ass off at that dipshit. 

Anyway, that's an indication of the quality of the racing. 

Remington Park is pretty bad too. Some of the race horses look more like mules. But it's Oklahoma, so... 

But hey you can watch them and gamble on them. Even in these dark times. America. Fuck yeah. 

At least the jockey on your horse didn't have a five length lead two seconds from the finish line and jump off the horse. Yeah I had that happen once to me.

16 hours ago, Bartles said:

Anyone know or educated guess if Masters future bets (made in January) will still be in action when the tourney is played in November?

You will probably be refunded, that's what most places I'm aware of have in their rules, but you'll have to check the specifics of the book you used.

• 4 weeks later...

If you can figure out a way to map a shortened college football season to conference odds, there is something there, I think.  As an example, if Big 12 games are cut, they're still playing the RRR, they're still playing Bedlam (in Norman), everything else is on the block I'd assume.  So, I don't see any great reason why an Iowa State flyer would be a bad idea right now for conference champion.  If we play all games you're holding a market value futures ticket, which admittedly is not great but if they do slash games, what gets protected for ISU...the Kansas Schools probably?

Talk me out of it.

I guess if I had to make a counterargument if would be that with no fans the most talented teams are less likely to lose on the road. So a full schedule with no fans could have the loser of the RRR run the table, and I'm holding a really well intentioned ticket for a team that's not in actual game.

• 5 months later...