Spring Breakers are Undeterred

redfish76

9 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Curious if anyone in here has spring break aged kids and if they are forcing them to stay home.

Cause I ain’t seeing it amongst my social circles.

It's going to be fun to see the stories in a couple of weeks about the explosion of new cases traced back to Spring Break hotspots.

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

It's going to be fun to see the stories in a couple of weeks about the explosion of new cases traced back to Spring Break hotspots.

Yep lots of new social circles might need to be created or at least filled in.  

EDIT Actually hope that doesn't happen.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Just now, Buzzrock said:

How many of your friends with kids in college have them isolated?

Isolated ?  Not isolated, but for damn sure not letting them get on a plane and hang with thousands of other kids.  Both the wife and I had this discussion with friends with kids.

It's pretty simple. If you're allowing it to happen you're part of the problem.

• Like 1

I don’t blame these kids at all. When you’re 18-24 you have half a brain and you feel invincible. Why are they even allowed on the beach? Until you put a rule in place that has actual consequences if you break the rules (besides potentially catching and passing the virus) that demographic is always going to choose the option of going out and having fun. And unless your parents are paying for the trip, how could do anything other than suggest staying home. If they really want to go and they have the money to do it, they’re going to go.

9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t blame these kids at all. When you’re 18-24 you have half a brain and you feel invincible. Why are they even allowed on the beach? Until you put a rule in place that has actual consequences if you break the rules (besides potentially catching and passing the virus) that demographic is always going to choose the option of going out and having fun. And unless your parents are paying for the trip, how could do anything other than suggest staying home. If they really want to go and they have the money to do it, they’re going to go.

And how do you feel about the parents ?

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And how do you feel about the parents ?

What do you mean? How do I feel about parents that have raised kids that soils make a decision like this? Because after a certain point, you can make suggestions, but your 18-24 year old is going to do what they want to do.

Or how do I feel about parents that are paying for their kids to go in spring break during a time like this? 

Or did you make a joke that went over my head because I answered this seriously lol?

18 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What do you mean? How do I feel about parents that have raised kids that soils make a decision like this? Because after a certain point, you can make suggestions, but your 18-24 year old is going to do what they want to do.

Or how do I feel about parents that are paying for their kids to go in spring break during a time like this? 

Or did you make a joke that went over my head because I answered this seriously lol?

No not at all, nothing meant other than wondering your opinion of the parents. I know kids do stupid things. I'd say this one is a bit beyond stupid, and falls into  different category.

Our 18-21 yr ld college kids would not make that kind of decision, and be allowed to follow thru.  You live under my roof, I pay for your life style, and you live by my general rules, (the big ones at least).

I'm really surprised parents would think this is:

1. A safe thing to do. 

2. Don't have an understanding of what this potentially means for their extended families, friends, friends of their kids, and their lives going forward.

3. Are just that fucking stoopid... well that one I do get, sadly.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No not at all, nothing meant other than wondering your opinion of the parents. I know kids do stupid things. I'd say this one is a bit beyond stupid, and falls into  different category.

Our 18-21 yr ld college kids would not make that kind of decision, and be allowed to follow thru.  You live under my roof, I pay for your life style, and you live by my general rules, (the big ones at least).

I'm really surprised parents would think this is:

1. A safe thing to do. 

2. Don't have an understanding of what this potentially means for their extended families, friends, friends of their kids, and their lives going forward.

3. Are just that fucking stoopid... well that one I do get, sadly.

I gotcha. It’s easy to say that, but every situation is a little different. When I was a in high school and college, I’m not saying I didn’t obey my parents but I approached a lot of things like “what’s the worst thing that could possibly happen if my parents found out” and I weighed that vs “the ‘fear of missing out’ on memories that I’ll have with my friends for the rest of my life.” 

I can already picture my 21 year old self saving up to go to Miami for spring break with my friends. If all of my friends were still going, there is zero chance I would’ve said “guys I can’t go anymore. My parents said I can’t.” I would’ve gone (probably without telling them) and I would’ve asked for forgiveness instead of permission. I realize how dumb that is thinking about it now, but I know my 21 year old self would’ve approached it that way unless they said beforehand that all bars and beaches will be closed to the public. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 hours ago, demos said:

the only way this could be more awesome is if they did using cans of corona instead of Michelob. 

Mark my words, in ten years time...we'll all either be working for that fat dude...or dead by his hand.

Florida is gonna send this virus back to so many places.  I hope there's one awkward video taken out there of a funeral service for someone's gam-gam and the eulogy giver says something like, "And if Smitty hadn't gone on Spring Break and come back to visit Gammy, she'd still be with us...still she taught us to forgive."  

On 3/19/2020 at 6:44 PM, Lobo said:

Give me all the shit you want, but it’s fucking impossible that none of y’all remember the ‘BBD’ from the spring break 80s comedy ‘Hardbodies’?  If you’re between 35-55, you watched that movie during your youth.  Every time I see spring break footage, I remember that movie.  

To be fair, it’s possible y’all didn’t watch all those 80s spring break movies since you lived in Texas where spring break actually occurred.  But we used to rent those all the time up north 

Corrine Alphen!

p7273_v_v8_aa.jpg

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 2

"Spring Break" 

"Hardbodies" 

"Where the Boys Are '84" 

"Nerds in Paradise" 

That was the Mount Rushmore of spring break movies to rent in the 80's.  I think if I remember, all of them take place in Fort Lauderdale.  All of them just awful movies, but this was eye candy to us back in the day.  Some funny moments and you'll see/hear a few things that still permeate our slang and pop culture today.  I wouldn't dream of recommending any of them, but here we are with Spring Break shut down and we're blowing through our DVR way too fast.  

I'll add an honorable mention "Private Resort."  I tried looking up when it took place (spring break or summer), but it was so bad nobody bothered to do a plot write-up of it.  And it takes place down the coast in Miami, but there were hot chicks in it, that's all I remember.  And fun fact from imdb-the first feature length film for both Rob Morrow and JOhnny Depp.   

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

the only way this could be more awesome is if they did using cans of corona instead of Michelob. 

Mark my words, in ten years time...we'll all either be working for that fat dude...or dead by his hand.

Florida is gonna send this virus back to so many places.  I hope there's one awkward video taken out there of a funeral service for someone's gam-gam and the eulogy giver says something like, "And if Smitty hadn't gone on Spring Break and come back to visit Gammy, she'd still be with us...still she taught us to forgive."  

Look at the atypical filter on this map. Florida looks like the worst place to be in the US when it comes to atypical fever readings. Those spring breakers are all Outbreak monkeys heading home.

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Look at the atypical filter on this map. Florida looks like the worst place to be in the US when it comes to atypical fever readings. Those spring breakers are all Outbreak monkeys heading home.

If we were half smart, we'd have some sort of preliminary (couldn't be full-on testing and not fool-proof at this point) triage at domestic airports with flights landing in major cities from Florida/Atlanta.  I don't know what it would like and I can sure as shit tell you who else hasn't thought of it.  

Was "Hardbodies" a Spring Break movie?  I guess it wasn't in Southeast Florida like all the others, but it takes place during "spring time" and has all the spring break tropes. 

Fuck, I dunno.  It felt like Spring Break as a kid freezing my ass off in Chicago in early March.  I'll check the production logs to see when the first unit team was on location and match it up against the Farmer's Almanac of that year.  I kid, I kid.  

Rest assured, somebody in Hollywood is working on a screen play about kids who ignore virus epidemic advice and go to Florida anyway.  But instead of being attacked by the virus, or zombies, or an axe murderer...they're forced into a South Florida re-education camp and have to remain in Florida forever, living a compulsory existence among the very people they detested prior...sustaining on a life of scratch-offs, Jimmy Buffet, and Camaros.  

16 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I am highly intrigued. 

Time for an ole tackle jack..... a fumble fap.....  a jackin’ over the sackin’. 

You like her ‘form’ .... tackle.

You’re DTF for the TFL.

Ball’s out, and so are yours.

Rock hard for the rock out.

Forced cum-ble.

Just now, crash_davis said:

pretty simple. hopefully the parents get CV from their kids. if that doesn't learn them good on what shitty parents and kids they are...

The schadenfreude in me hopes this happens. The human in me hopes this thing doesn't spread any more.

I expect mixed emotions .