"Also Starring Austin"

jimmyjazz

Living here my whole life (and I have not watched it yet) the first movie I remember being filmed here was Outlaw Blues starring Peter Fonda and Susan St. James which was released in 1977. However Texas Chainsaw Massacre was actually shot a few years earlier.

The first big deal as far as Austin on the screen was actually a television episode of Route 66 titled "Even Stones Have Eyes".

This was shot here and in Kerrville in 1962.

Pretty sure this image was shot on 15th Street near Brackenridge Hospital near where the Erwin Center is now at an actual construction site.

spacer.png

A few more shots from that episode...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The story line was both George Maharis (Buz) and Martin Milner are working construction and Buz gets a head injury and is temporarily totally blind.

Edited by Steamboat1874

that was Awesome. I found myself freezing the video at certain parts and revelling in how much Austin has changed.

specifically that video of Guadalupe and 2nd, Cesar Chavez at Congress right around the 6:45 mark.

Moved here in 1986 and have never left.

Not enough rep, thanks for posting!

My own navel-gazer really liked Slacker-plus years, because I had only moved to Austin shortly before that and was just starting to wake up to what was a pretty wide open world.

Translation:  I spent a shit-ton of time at Les Amis trying to get Denia Ridley's attention.