Nikki Haley Resigns...

Woland

Principles: opposing federal money to save a company and being willing to let thousands of mothers and fathers lose their jobs so that you can run for future office as a true conservative who would rather resign than accept federal aid money.

12 minutes ago, Woland said:

from the Boeing board of directors. I know they will miss having her extensive aviation knowledge.

She opposes federal support for the company.

In 2024, she can run as a "principled" Conservative who was against bailouts to corporations.  Sadly, there will be enough fools to believe her.

Edit: Texarcher said the same thing as me.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

How about we just nationalize Boeing?  National security and all that jazz . . . 

Lock in the stock price as of today - pay off common shareholders at today's prices. Preferred - sorry - no soup for you. Bondholders - take a big haircut and be happy is wasn't everything (lending has risks of default). 

After all - national security takes precedence over everything and Boeing is a vital national security asset 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

This lady is terrible and dumb as hell.

i don’t get why conservatives like her,

She is, imo, vaguely attractive.  However, I think Hawley is the one to beat in 2024.  He is gifted.  

• Fuck You 1

How about we just nationalize Boeing?  National security and all that jazz . . . 
Lock in the stock price as of today - pay off common shareholders at today's prices. Preferred - sorry - no soup for you. Bondholders - take a big haircut and be happy is wasn't everything (lending has risks of default). 
After all - national security takes precedence over everything and Boeing is a vital national security asset 

Think your capital stack is upside down.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So Trump is definitely dumping Pence for her, right?

It appears so.  And Pence's name and entire career will be just one more chunk out of a hundred who got squeezed out of Donald Trump's translucent KFC chute. 

Watching the GOP cower in fear of a weak, lying and egregiously moronic huckster like Donald Trump continues to be fun.  A man with fake hair, fake bravado and a person who isn't comfortable going in public without orange makeup steamrolled his will right over the top of all these frightened eunuchs.  All it took was a gameshow host with a fraudulent veneer and a Twitter account to vanquish the modern conservative party. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It appears so.  And Pence's name and entire career will be just one more chunk out of a hundred who got squeezed out of Donald Trump's translucent KFC chute. 

That press conference will be wonderful, watching Pence congratulate Trump: "You showed such amazing leadership in removing me from the ticket."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That press conference will be wonderful, watching Pence congratulate Trump: "You showed such amazing leadership in removing me from the ticket."

followed by some sort of "i couldn't tell how bad things really were until it was too late" reckoning right before his book tour.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Mike Pence: 

"Dutifully and loyally, I surrender my dignity, my career, my integrity, along with my wife's respect, in exchange for the shining honor of devout service to this foul, profane buffoon. And now I will proudly recede, like sewer water draining away from the false portrait of who I once claimed to be. I will sink into a humid basement to feverishly ponder my humiliation and irrelevancy, occasionally shaking my fist as I mumble at the air, rocking back and forth with my knees pulled to my chest as I cut the eyes out of old photographs. I would be honored to know that my ability to stand next to President Trump and cast my rehearsed gaze of complete idolatry upon his drooping, perpetually angry jowls was an inspiration to you all. God is dead."

• Hook 'Em 1

Not a bad play on her part. It’s an easy play with no downside risk.

She has come out the most ahead of those who left the Trump administration already.

However, she’ll use this move as proof she’s a principled conservative (already been said on this board) and as a way to purge herself of the Trump stink further

”See guys, I went against Trump / and the RINO’s when I left Boeing. No bailouts! Don’t pick winners and losers!”

No one will remember it if she had to tie herself to Trumps coattails too. No downside risk.

Also she knows damn well they are getting bailed out big time whether she’s on the board or not. Her move does nothing to change the inevitable result.

All upside, no downside.

Edited by Dnaguy

7 minutes ago, Chewy's Hairy Horn said:

If it looks like it’s heading this direction, does Pence drum up enough cabinet support to have a go at 25th amendment-ing Trump?

From the cabinet that was hand picked by dotard, with the only qualification being that you are willing and eager to suck the orange micropeen?  Probably not.

• 2 years later...