Bitch about Corona Virus Cabin Fever thread

High Plains Drifter

Get if off your chest. Its ok to admit your significant other/kids/parents are driving you fucking insane.

Wife has to work from home. I'm off work, so I get the home school duties. At first, I actually tried, I really did. Now I just put her in front of the laptop and she works the Kahn academy videos. We truly do not pay teachers enough. How do they do this shit every day?

Plus wife is on the phone all day, so I have to tiptoe around the house. No power tools allowed either. And now the goddamn gym is closed. I'm almost at the point of just infecting my self so I can be quarantined alone somewhere.

Woke up later than I have in years, hit the vape pen while drinking coffee on the toilet, watched half of The Price Is Right with the Doomlet (4.5,m) before Tonald Drump interrupted it, went outside to play Kan Jam (a Frisbee-based horseshoes-ish game) for an hour or two and introduced the boy to both The Pixies and Faith No More (he appreciated both), got bored and walked down to the forest preserve and mogged around until the rain started (saw a dead skunk and a mysterious bone - twss...), came home and lost three in a row to him at No Stress Chess. About to play a few rounds of open handed Uno before he crashes. 

This whole situation is obviously a massive kick in the dick (we all should be watching Hour Ten of the tournament right now, among other obvious problems...) but I don't know how many other completely structure-free days like this I could otherwise reasonably expect to spend with him at such a fun age. 

I'm sure we'll all be insane in six weeks (and hopefully we'll remain healthy), but for the time being, all things considered, this is also kind of pretty awesome for a worldwide disaster. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, futureman said:

no wife, but gf.  we've been fucking three times a day for the last week.  can't complain.

Bullshit.  Mike White is fucking her and you’re in the corner filming like Case.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been a tough week. Both kids have head colds, so just taking care of them. I don’t think it’s Corona. So we are truly not leaving the house.

I already took the week off for Spring break, but not supposed to go to office until April sometime. Did some academics with kids, but really it’s deteriorating into TV and video games. 

been cooking and drinking a lot. Trying to work out at home but not as fun as gym. I miss all those yoga pant asses, the simple things in life. Need to come up with some more productive home projects as I’m truly sitting here for another month. 

Been letting the girl play outside with a few of her friends. As I put her to bed she tells me that one of the other kid's mother is sick and that kid is staying at the grandparents house. When I asked her why she was out there playing she said they were over at the mom's visiting. WHAT THE FUCK. No more playing outside now I guess.

My kid has been playing with his friends in the neighborhood.  He'd be a nightmare if he wasn't.  We go outside and play basketball or drive up to the elementary school to play when we get tired of being at home.  I'm supposed to start a new job on Monday but everyone is work from home.  I get to start managing some projects on a team that I've never met or spoken to and probably won't for another month. The kid starts online school on Monday and my wife is being required to see her speech kids through conference calls as well.  The last 2 weeks have been pretty fun, but next week is when the shit will hit the fan I suspect.  Good thing I stocked up on liquor although I may need to make another run here soon. 

9 hours ago, Hate said:

My kid has been playing with his friends in the neighborhood.  He'd be a nightmare if he wasn't.   

Yeah same here - but if your kid told you that one of his friends' mom had CV and was still out there playing, would you let them keep going outside? 

We're gonna have to have a convo with the neighbors (parents that we DO know) and see what they know. I don't wanna create a nextdoor type rumor panic thing but I feel like I can't just let this one just sit out there. 

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

All of my wife's upcoming rodeos have been rescheduled, so she's in town for the foreseeable future.  This development has its good and bad points. 

She’s not fucking you, but now she’s not fucking Ty anymore either? 

My wife and I are both teachers.  We also have a 7 and 13 year-old at home.  As inconvenient as everything has been, I absolutely consider myself lucky because I don't have to worry about financial issues at this time.

As mentioned above, this entire thing is odd without sports.  Normally, I'd be all ... tourney time, soccer, pro team playoffs, etc.. This is what's getting me.  I've never hit a golf ball in my life, and rarely watch the sport.  That being said, I'd kill for The Masters right now.

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Been letting the girl play outside with a few of her friends. As I put her to bed she tells me that one of the other kid's mother is sick and that kid is staying at the grandparents house. When I asked her why she was out there playing she said they were over at the mom's visiting. WHAT THE FUCK. No more playing outside now I guess.

Image result for bubble boy gif

• Like 1

Like most, I'm working from home.  I do that a couple of days a week anyway, so it's nothing new.  I have been working from home every day since last Wednesday.  I have a space in the basement and the wife is working in the upstairs with the main level of the house as a buffer.  The kids have been home since this Wednesday.  I'm in the basement working and one of my teenage sons is also in the basement playing on the Xbox and talking with his friends.  Teenagers are stupid.  That is all.

Took a vacation day today after being at the office all week.  Lets see:

Office = no traffic, parked in the best parking place, expensed delivered lunch every day.

"Vacation" day at home = Woken up at 6:00 by my wife on a conference call, both kids home beating the shit out of each other due to boredom, ate PB&J sandwich for lunch.

Winner = Office

• Like 2

Wife is organizing recipes and putting them into categories...  So I'm getting quizzed with "Mac & Cheese, is that a side dish or a pasta?"   Then I have to create a robust defense of any answer I put forward. 

We are now onto "Jambalaya,  Chicken Entree or Seafood Entree?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chesthair said:

Took a vacation day today after being at the office all week.  Lets see:

Office = no traffic, parked in the best parking place, expensed delivered lunch every day.

"Vacation" day at home = Woken up at 6:00 by my wife on a conference call, both kids home beating the shit out of each other due to boredom, ate PB&J sandwich for lunch.

Winner = Office

Pretty much me too on this

Splitting days between Lakeway and working at home.  Home office is particularly fun because our cul-de-sac design has my workspace tilted towards the construction job going on next store at my neighbor's which is a big addition and they're having to excavate underground for part of it.  So when the massive fucking jackhammer isn't going off and rattling my windows, I get to hear their shitty taste in loud tejano music.  My daughters are handling it pretty well though, so that helps.