Trump - Why I still support him ! #maga

tx 3 putt

Better than this guy:

All the way back on January 31, in reaction to the coronavirus outbreak in China, President Trump announced a travel ban of “all foreign nationals who have traveled in China within the last 14 days.” That included, obviously, Chinese citizens and anyone from any country who visited China.

Americans returning from China were put under a 14-day quarantine.

That was 50 days ago.

President Trump took that action 50 whole days ago.

That same day, Joe Biden published this tweet:

[N]ow [Trump’s] adding more countries to his list of who’s not welcome in America. It’s not who we are — and we’ll prove that when we beat Trump this November and end the ban.

Please note that Biden promised to “end the ban” — the ban that stops people from entering our country who are coming in from a country facing a massive epidemic.

The next day, Biden — who has always been cozy with China, and whose son Hunter set up a deal worth hundreds of millions with the Chinese government while traveling with his father (who was then vice president) — issued the following statement declaring Trump’s ban “racist” and “xenophobic.”

Yesterday, Donald Trump further diminished the United States in the eyes of the world by expanding his travel ban, placing new restrictions on the residents of six more nations that limit who is allowed to come to the United States.

Trump’s atrocious asylum and refugee policies — they are all designed to make it harder for black and brown people to immigrate to the United States. It’s that simple. They are racist. They are xenophobic.

And there is no evidence that they do anything to make us safer.

Immigrants from each of these countries and their broader diaspora communities here in the United States enrich the larger fabric of American life as our friends and neighbors and make vital contributions to our economy.

That same day, Biden published this tweet:

We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.

Biden followed this statement up the next day with a speech in Iowa, where he again blasted Trump’s travel ban, this time as “hysterical xenophobia”:

We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.

On February 15, Biden again attacked Trump’s immigration restrictions:

Donald Trump’s inhumane, fear-based immigration policies are a stain on our nation. We have to get him out of the White House and ensure our laws reflect our values as a nation of immigrants.

The following month, on March 10, Biden was still lashing out at Trump’s travel restrictions as racist:

A wall won’t stop a virus. Racism won’t stop a virus. Do your job.

On March 11, Trump announced a European travel ban.

The very next day, Biden railed against the idea:

A wall will not stop the coronavirus. Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it. This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/20/nolte-mere-8-days-ago-joe-biden-still-attacking-trumps-travel-bans/

Biden in charge would have meant more travelers from coronavid hot spots.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

32 minutes ago, zork said:

Better than this guy:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/20/nolte-mere-8-days-ago-joe-biden-still-attacking-trumps-travel-bans/

"Hey, look, if I squint really hard and partially cover my eyes just right, then all I can see are facts that support my existing point of view! I've done it! I'm correct!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ndawg said:

"Hey, look, if I squint really hard and partially cover my eyes just right, then all I can see are facts that support my existing point of view! I've done it! I'm correct!"

Trump just has to be better than Biden to win reelection.  In this case he clearly was/would have been.  His quickly enacted travel bans from China and then Europe(read Italy) no doubt reduced the impact from the virus during the month after that bans were put into effect vs no bans from those hot spots.(and the people who no doubt would have come to escape the horror show)

Biden has been clear that he would not have limited travel from those places for virtue signaling reasons much like the 'hug a Chinese' Italy dumb fucks.  No squinting required.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, zork said:

Better than this guy:

In 2 weeks we’ll have more COVID-19 deaths than any other country and Donald Trump will be to blame. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zork said:

Trump just has to be better than Biden to win reelection.  In this case he clearly was/would have been.  His quickly enacted travel bans from China and then Europe(read Italy) no doubt reduced the impact from the virus during the month after that bans were put into effect vs no bans from those hot spots.(and the people who no doubt would have come to escape the horror show)

Biden has been clear that he would not have limited travel from those places for virtue signaling reasons much like the 'hug a Chinese' Italy dumb fucks.  No squinting required.

Was Biden (as a presidential candidate and non-sitting rep) privy to the COVID-19 intelligence briefing? If not, does one know for sure that he would not have limited travel? The implementation of the travel restrictions did funnel air travel to specific airports but the monitoring system was fubar. The Emerging Infectious Disease Journal has a paper to be released in July showing COVID was already in Europe prior to January 23, which was pretty much suspected.

Enacting travel restrictions was a good plan to slow the spread (which was already going to happen, IMO). But, when one looks at the apparent lack of coordination between intra-agency stakeholders: TSA, Customs, CDC, it appears that nothing was actually implemented in a cohesive way. Cuccinelli admitted that they were not screening nor restricting travel from non outbreak cities when a traveler may have originated from an outbreak area. The reason: cost, manpower, and numbers: over 100,000 per day.

When Biden is not actually at the helm it is difficult to assess whether he would limited travel or not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zork said:

His quickly enacted travel bans from China and then Europe(read Italy) no doubt reduced the impact from the virus during the month after that bans were put into effect vs no bans from those hot spots.(and the people who no doubt would have come to escape the horror show)

The mental gymnastics required to give Trump credit for minimizing this ongoing fiasco are amazing.  You're the Simone Biles of horseshit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

In 2 weeks we’ll have more COVID-19 deaths than any other country and Donald Trump will be to blame. 

Donald trump was warned about this in January and did nothing about it. He blew it off as a deep state Democratic hoax and figured if he cut off air travel from China that would do the trick. He’s an evil narcissistic fool who signed the death warrant of perhaps millions of Americans. 

MAGA! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Donald trump was warned about this in January and did nothing about it. He blew it off as a deep state Democratic hoax and figured if he cut off air travel from China that would do the trick. He’s an evil narcissistic fool who signed the death warrant of perhaps millions of Americans. 

MAGA! 

in 10 days this went from a democratic hoax to a national emergency 

^

that got me thinking of the "Newsradio" episode where Dave Foley has to tell the team what the media critic wrote about them, "Says here, we do a fine job."  And he spins it so that Hartman, et. al. think it's the highest compliment.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

^

that got me thinking of the "Newsradio" episode where Dave Foley has to tell the team what the media critic wrote about them, "Says here, we do a fine job."  And he spins it so that Hartman, et. al. think it's the highest compliment.  

I miss that guy.

Rocket fuel malt liquor, DAMN!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, zork said:

Better than this guy:

An entire article built around a misconstrued (on accident, I'm sure) tweet.  Biden is talking about the MUSLIM ban in that tweet.  "I will end bans [that are just based on stoking racism].  All you have to do is show Trump is better than Biden on something. anything.  And you still have to lie to do it. At some point do you not say "maybe my guy, that comes in last place in everything that i can possibly think of, shouldn't be my guy"?

And:

I think one answer to OP is this:  people see America as too big to fail, and at the same time they haven't gotten their fair share.  From that perspective, voting for Trump makes a little sense.  Hey, we (as a nation) are rich, we have this magical ability to stay rich because this machine can't break.  Why not roll the dice a little, maybe I'll get a little more of the pie on this reorganization?  The worst that can happen is I end up where I am because a mindless drooling vegetable can do the day-to-day of this golden goose, so it's not like we are going to harm anything.  I think that explains why it was Trump over the others in the primaries too.  He best exemplified a roll of the dice.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

An entire article built around a misconstrued (on accident, I'm sure) tweet.  Biden is talking about the MUSLIM ban in that tweet.  "I will end bans [that are just based on stoking racism].  All you have to do is show Trump is better than Biden on something. anything.  And you still have to lie to do it. At some point do you not say "maybe my guy, that comes in last place in everything that i can possibly think of, shouldn't be my guy"?

And:

I think one answer to OP is this:  people see America as too big to fail, and at the same time they haven't gotten their fair share.  From that perspective, voting for Trump makes a little sense.  Hey, we (as a nation) are rich, we have this magical ability to stay rich because this machine can't break.  Why not roll the dice a little, maybe I'll get a little more of the pie on this reorganization?  The worst that can happen is I end up where I am because a mindless drooling vegetable can do the day-to-day of this golden goose, so it's not like we are going to harm anything.  I think that explains why it was Trump over the others in the primaries too.  He best exemplified a roll of the dice.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

I suppose we should be glad that you've moved on from misrepresenting the first tweet, now we are on to the next one. Such is the whack a mole of discussions with Republicans these days.  They don't care if they are wrong.  They just want to talk.  

Biden never says he's not shutting down travel to diseased places.  It's the bad faith of Republican discussions, and it's a waste of time to have them.  But I'll give you a hint:  he's trying to contrast his stances with Trump's, because he is going to run against him.  He's not pointing out where they overlap, but where they differ:  Stopping flights to diseased places isn't enough.  We need a real plan in the US--something Trump is showing that he is incompetent at.

I vacillate from thinking Trump defenders are retards and Trump defenders are just contrarians funnin' around. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I suppose we should be glad that you've moved on from misrepresenting the first tweet, now we are on to the next one. Such is the whack a mole of discussions with Republicans these days.  They don't care if they are wrong.  They just want to talk.  

Biden never says he's not shutting down travel to diseased places.  It's the bad faith of Republican discussions, and it's a waste of time to have them.  But I'll give you a hint:  he's trying to contrast his stances with Trump's, because he is going to run against him.  He's not pointing out where they overlap, but where they differ:  Stopping flights to diseased places isn't enough.  We need a real plan in the US--something Trump is showing that he is incompetent at.

I vacillate from thinking Trump defenders are retards and Trump defenders are just contrarians funnin' around. 

There is some interpretation going on.  I interpret Joe's tweets referring to the decisions by Trump for limiting access when he deemed necessary as xenophobia, etc, were comments akin to virtue signalling that he would not have banned anyone at any time for a coronavirus type event.  Since it "wouldn't stop it" why do it at all, amirite? 

Joe's tweet on jan 31st, at 4:40 PM , the sentence after the Muslim ban specifically, could easily be construed as referring to the China restrictions Trump put into place earlier that day along with declaring a national emergency just before Joe's tweet ~1 hour after the China travel restrictions.

"...

And now he's adding more countries to his list of who's not welcome in America.

..."

Chinese restrictions announced in meeting 3:30, ending about 15 minutes before Joe's text:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-members-presidents-coronavirus-task-force/

Edited by zork
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 hours ago, zork said:

Better than this guy:

If you're going to try to support Trump, you'd be wise to pick a more neutral source than breitbart.  That article is full of shit.  It is rather brilliant in how it takes Biden quotes out of context to assemble a facile "reproduction" of what Biden would have done.

Biden is not privy to the intelligence briefings that Trump is. Biden was operating from a state of ignorance, like the rest of us in January and February.  Trump was not.  He's just a moron.

Even mumblin, stumblin, crazy Joe would do a better job with these press briefings than Trump. 

And no, Trump doesn't have to be better than some theoretical Biden.  He's been fucking awful.  Because he IS awful.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 7

On 3/22/2020 at 5:18 AM, BrickHorn said:

They’re morons and cultists whose remaining neurons are now solely devoted to defending them from acknowledging their own stupidity.  Continued support is a defense mechanism.  They’ve gone all in on Trump with what few mental chips they had and can’t back out now. 

yeah this

there is a chasm here. we all have one, somewhere, and for some the lizard is just stronger in them. once they jump the chasm its over. there is no going back. surely people on the other side of the chasm yelling at them isn't going to do anything but make the chasm wider. which is now in a full 4th year of happening. ce'st la vie 

Edited by staboner
  • Like 1

lol timely thread. wife just had a full breakdown after seeing mother's facebook posts. MIL is a hardcore germaphobe and is doing nothing at all here. just doesn't think its a real problem. praises trump here and there. haha. what a world we live in. but we know all this already. the divide is more important than any issue you care to talk about. been that way for a while. 

1 hour ago, staboner said:

yeah this

there is a chasm here. we all have one, somewhere, and for some the lizard is just stronger in them. once they jump the chasm its over. there is no going back. surely people on the other side of the chasm yelling at them isn't going to do anything but make the chasm wider. which is now in a full 4th year of happening. ce'st la vie 

That's a pretty good metaphor.  Time to move on and mobilize those that didn't jump.

It'll be interesting to see how they react if Trump is defeated and the mask is lifted via lawsuits.  Betting line says they still stay over on the other side of the chasm until he dies or they die.  And then even we aren't out of the woods if Fox News continues as is.

/DebbieDowner.gif

On 3/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

Crossposting: Re Rural Hospitals...

Oh I’ve worked small town hospitals back in another life.  Those people are fucked on a whole other level.  Less beds per capita, almost zero truly capable intensivists - anything serious gets sent to the big city.  Well, we have never had a situation in modern times with zero big city hospital capacity.  Shitshow guaranteed.  

These places may have one respirator and almost a guarantee they have no idea how to use it properly.  It’s no surprise much of the opioid crisis took hold through very rural docs - some of whom I worked under in Med school - mandatory rural rotations.  The cute pharma girl could get those yokels to do anything.  At least in the city you would be looked at funny by colleagues.  You get rural enough there’s not too many colleagues who aren’t your drinking buddies/family etc.  And many are great docs when they start but it’s tough to stay on your toes practicing out there   Why are anesthesiologists the number one drug abusers?   They’re not drug addicts by nature just as rural docs aren’t shitty docs by nature,  just a product of their environment.  

(anesthesiologists have access to the good stuff. And literally have to be around it all day.)

Oh sure, but how many trump supporters realize that it will fuck up their communities too? I’d bet a lot of money they think it’s just gonna hurt elitist city types.

11 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

That's a pretty good metaphor.  Time to move on and mobilize those that didn't jump.

It'll be interesting to see how they react if Trump is defeated and the mask is lifted via lawsuits.  Betting line says they still stay over on the other side of the chasm until he dies or they die.  And then even we aren't out of the woods if Fox News continues as is.

/DebbieDowner.gif

My guess is that those who haven’t already will go full speed down the Q rabbit hole and it’ll turn into an actual death cult.

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That article is full of shit.  It is rather brilliant in how it takes Biden quotes out of context to assemble a facile "reproduction" of what Biden would have done.

How frustrating it must be to have people take something you said, strip it of context, and then misrepresent your position in an attempt to smear you.  Poor Joe.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh sure, but how many trump supporters realize that it will fuck up their communities too? I’d bet a lot of money they think it’s just gonna hurt elitist city types.

Schadenfreude on the way.  All I’m saying.  Sad but that’s gonna be bad...

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 11:23 PM, zork said:

He stopped travel from hotspots. Only a real stable genius could have come up with that one.

So, other than something that my 9 yr old would have thought of, what else has he done besides lie, blame, and insult?

On 3/22/2020 at 8:27 AM, Bateshorn said:

Honestly?  Because we are a center right nation that is deeply racist. 

basically half (if not 2/3) of white people dislike/fear POC, to the point it drives every other aspect of their life outlook, knowingly or unknowingly. Trump says the quiet part out loud, and that gives them a deep sense of belonging and alignment.  

Your traditional suburban business types aids and abets because they just can’t bring themselves to pull the lever for the Democrats.  So they go with the incompetent devil they know, who also won’t hurt their race and class type (also, Trump re-enforces traditional gender roles and structure, which is soothing for your suburban dude worried about a woman taking his job or worse). 

It’s racial watergate in this country:  follow the racism. 

Care to show me your source for that statistic of white people disliking/fearing POC or is that just your opinion you are trying to pass off as some kind of fact?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

If you're going to try to support Trump, you'd be wise to pick a more neutral source than breitbart.  That article is full of shit.  It is rather brilliant in how it takes Biden quotes out of context to assemble a facile "reproduction" of what Biden would have done.

Biden is not privy to the intelligence briefings that Trump is. Biden was operating from a state of ignorance, like the rest of us in January and February.  Trump was not.  He's just a moron.

Even mumblin, stumblin, crazy Joe would do a better job with these press briefings than Trump. 

And no, Trump doesn't have to be better than some theoretical Biden.  He's been fucking awful.  Because he IS awful.

Breitbart is no more full of shit than The New York Times currently is and anyone who thinks differently is in no position to judge the intelligence of anyone else nor the amount of brainwashing anyone else has been a victim of.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

On 3/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, pyrohornIII said:

4) His constant discrediting of the MSM leaves no opposition to his propaganda.  

The MSM discredited themselves long before Trump ever appeared on the political scene.  All he has done is baited them into shining a spotlight on themselves.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 3/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, hobbes2702 said:

Stupid. Ignorant. Dumb. Every trump supporter meets at least one of the three criteria.

Maybe we should talk about this later after you've calmed down.  (No, I'm not explaining this post.  Tough shit if it goes over your head.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Breitbart is no more full of shit than The New York Times currently is and anyone who thinks differently is in no position to judge the intelligence of anyone else nor the amount of brainwashing anyone else has been a victim of.

I think you should have to pass out cards to people that says "I think Breitbart is as reliable as the NYT."  I think people deserve a warning who they are dealing with.

• Like 1

Shit, if an informed and intelligent person wants to complain about the Times' coverage of Trump, the real complaint is that they constantly normalize his abnormality and present an image of his administration as much less of a chaotic shitshow than it actually is.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Shit, if an informed and intelligent person wants to complain about the Times' coverage of Trump, the real complaint is that they constantly normalize his abnormality and present an image of his administration as much less of a chaotic shitshow than it actually is.

Indeed. I fucking hate how they sanitize the pure evil and incompetence of Trump and Republicans. 

• Like 1

As you should know, there is a spectrum of bias, that runs from small to extensive. Go google “media bias chart”. That you don’t understand the different levels of bias between those two organizations is not surprising in the least given your posting record.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

As you should know, there is a spectrum of bias, that runs from small to extensive. Go google “media bias chart”. That you don’t understand the different levels of bias between those two organizations is not surprising in the least given your posting record.

There are no "levels of bias". There's just bias. Everyone has it. Your job as a consumer is to understand the bias and interpret accordingly. 

The NY Times discovered that millions of people were starving to death in the Ukraine. But because they loved communism, they lied about it, and got a Pulitzer for their lies. Biased enough for you? Does your chart inform your understanding of what they did?

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 2