Trump - Why I still support him ! #maga

tx 3 putt

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Still doesn't answer the question.  What were the Dems doing that qualified as a hoax?

I said hoax was a stupid word to use.  Bullshit was more correct.  What qualified as bullshit?  Calling him out for not doing enough, and then turning around and calling him out for shutting travel to Wuhan, to the EU, closing the borders, etc.  All of those moves were the work of a xenophobic racist fuckhead, according to the Democrats.  That was politically motivated bullshit.  Point is, he never called the virus itself a hoax.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, TriStone said:

No, I didn't need to read the article.  When it first blew up I went and found video of that section of his speech to see it and hear it for myself.  I understood what he meant.  He was saying the over-the-top politicized response to his handling of the virus was their latest attempt to smear him.  He shouldn't have used the word hoax, that was stupid, but then that's par for the course with him.  What he clearly did NOT do was call the virus itself a hoax.

"Over the top"? Remind me what is the normal procedure for handling an impending health crisis when the POTUS is in denial that it's even worth paying attention to? 

Please describe how it should have been handled so as to not be politicized. 

27 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

C'mon Trumpkins, your time to man up and drink the juice you're expecting everybody else to swallow.  Trump knows best, ingest more chloroquine. 

Trumpkins instinctively gaslight.  I’m 98% sure they don’t even know they’re doing it.  Like Trump, they use double-layered statements to function as both sword and shield.  The obvious message / main point , which is usually stated in blinking all caps, is the sword.  That’s the attack.  It’s usually some awful, indefensible claim.  The shield is added in hushed tones as a mere tack-on.  It’s there solely for use as a defense when the gaslighter is called to task for the main point.  “No no, that’s not what I said.  You always focus on the first awful thing I say loudly and clearly, and never give any credit to the disingenuous retractions I mutter robotically while rolling my eyes.”

Like I said, I don’t believe these drones even know they’re doing this anymore.  It’s just instinct.  Gaslighting is a virus that infected their brains and is using their mouths to replicate itself.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TriStone said:

I said hoax was a stupid word to use.  Bullshit was more correct.  What qualified as bullshit?  Calling him out for not doing enough, and then turning around and calling him out for shutting travel to Wuhan, to the EU, closing the borders, etc.  All of those moves were the work of a xenophobic racist fuckhead, according to the Democrats.  That was politically motivated bullshit.  Point is, he never called the virus itself a hoax.

You can use bullshit, but he said 'hoax', so I'm going to assume he meant hoax. Or are you suggesting Trump doesn't know what he's talking about?

Shouldn't have used the word hoax?  I don't give a fuck...he did use it and he's the fucking President, so his words matter.

So, give some actual examples, not platitudes.  What did the Dems say that would qualify as a hoax? 

The reality is that you don't have an answer, so you're desperately trying to spin your way out of it.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

You can use bullshit, but he said 'hoax', so I'm going to assume he meant hoax. Or are you suggesting Trump doesn't know what he's talking about?

Dude, no one disputes he's an idiot.  He stopped travel to/from Wuhan.  Xenophobic and racist.  He closed the borders.  Xenophobic and racist.  Stopped travel to the EU.  Xenophobic and racist.  Those responses, were over the top politicized bullshit.  Hoax was the wrong word.  Again, he's an idiot.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The reality is that you don't have an answer, so you're desperately trying to spin your way out of it.

Desperately?  Like my life depends on it or something?  Thanks for that.  It's good to laugh a little in these trying times.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TriStone said:

He stopped travel to/from Wuhan.  Xenophobic and racist.  He closed the borders.  Xenophobic and racist.  Stopped travel to the EU.  Xenophobic and racist. 

Who said those things?  Give us names and quotes.  If we're supposed to read/listen to Trump's quotes in context, shouldn't the same apply to whatever some Dems supposedly said?  I don't recall any Dem politicians saying those things, so help me out.

Also, Trump didn't close travel to Wuhan for Americans...he only banned non-US citizens who'd recently traveled there from entering the US.  But facts be damned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

When you let him bait you into this kind of thing, he wins. The end result is that you guys spent the last year dreaming of free everything, and you ended up with a guy who went to Soviet Moscow on his honeymoon and another guy who has dementia. Trump's gone from +180 to -115.

The answer isn't to be worse than he is, it's to be better than he is. Which ought to be really easy, it's a pretty low bar.

I'm not one of "you guys."  I'm a recovered Republican and a politically stateless person.  I do believe capitalism or the free market (as modified by "conservative" policies) has failed in the last couple of decades at allocating resources and that it badly needs correction.  Thus, I am on board with some Democratic Party/candidate policies and platform planks.  I hope we survive the rest until a loyal conservative opposition can be reconstituted and hopefully improve the debate and compromise on same.

In the meantime, I will continue to loathe Trump as I have virtually unabated for the last 30 years.

• Like 5

On 3/22/2020 at 8:27 AM, Bateshorn said:

Honestly?  Because we are a nation of human beings with more exposure to other races with the result that we are deeply racist. 

Fify.

I don't believe we are any more racist as a nation than any other.  Because slavery put us in close proximity to blacks far earlier than any other non-black nation, and our melting pot character put us in close proximity to every other "other" in the world, we have more opportunity to express our racism.  Put similar demographics in any other country and you get the same mess we're in.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In the meantime, I will continue to loathe Trump as I have virtually unabated for the last 30 years.

That is an entirely reasonable position. 

Stating that Trump believed the virus was a hoax a month after he appointed a WH coronavirus task force, in a speech where he literally said 15 Americans died from the virus, is insane. 

If you've realized that neither party represents Americans, congratulations. You aren't the last horse to leave the barn, but you're not exactly leading the pack.

Edited by Thetexashammer

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

Stating that Trump believed the virus was a hoax a month after he appointed a WH coronavirus task force, in a speech where he literally said 15 Americans died from the virus, is insane. 

I don't know what he believes in that addled brain of his, but that's what he said.  He articulates nonsense on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't know what he believes in that addled brain of his, but that's what he said.  He articulates nonsense on a daily basis.

I suppose I should clarify.  I don't think he stated that the virus itself was a hoax.  I think he meant that it was overblown.  That's certainly how he behaved.

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suppose I should clarify.  I don't think he stated that the virus itself was a hoax.  I think he meant that it was overblown.  That's certainly how he behaved.

yeah, but that was like 8 days ago.  we're not responsible for silly things we did or said in our past.

Seems like there are a lot of negative towards Trump people posting in the thread that is supposed to be about or from people telling why they support him.  Can't you keep your negativity in all of the other Trump threads and let us Trump snowflakes have our safe space here?

Stick to the topic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

"Over the top"? Remind me what is the normal procedure for handling an impending health crisis when the POTUS is in denial that it's even worth paying attention to? 

Please describe how it should have been handled so as to not be politicized. 

Change the name of the virus to H1N1 and the name of the president to Obama.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, zork said:

Seems like there are a lot of negative towards Trump people posting in the thread that is supposed to be about or from people telling why they support him.  Can't you keep your negativity in all of the other Trump threads and let us Trump snowflakes have our safe space here?

Stick to the topic.

I've done my best to refrain from pouncing on y'all here, but I should note that, at least in our interaction a few pages ago, you didn't exactly support Trump. You suggested that we'd be worse off with Biden.

To me, it seems like Trump is completely bullshitting his way through this crisis. He reminds me of every time I ever gave a presentation in front of the whole class that I had weeks to prepare for but waited till the last minute. What is it that you see?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TriStone said:

Dude, no one disputes he's an idiot.  He stopped travel to/from Wuhan.  Xenophobic and racist.  He closed the borders.  Xenophobic and racist.  Stopped travel to the EU.  Xenophobic and racist.  Those responses, were over the top politicized bullshit.  Hoax was the wrong word.  Again, he's an idiot.

Desperately?  Like my life depends on it or something?  Thanks for that.  It's good to laugh a little in these trying times.

Pos rep for showing up and seemingly keeping your cool. I checked in to see if anyone had stepped forth, and here you are. Bravo. That's no shit.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zork said:

Stick to the topic.

Fuck off.

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Who said those things?  Give us names and quotes.  If we're supposed to read/listen to Trump's quotes in context, shouldn't the same apply to whatever some Dems supposedly said?  I don't recall any Dem politicians saying those things, so help me out.

Also, Trump didn't close travel to Wuhan for Americans...he only banned non-US citizens who'd recently traveled there from entering the US.  But facts be damned.

I was about give an incredulous 'are you fucking kidding me' response but then I read your post a second time.  I was also going to reply that I didn't say "Dem politicians" but I realize I used the word Democrats with a capital D several times, and that's my error.  I was speaking of democrats, lower case "D," meaning the talking heads on TV, the print media, and of course all you fine anti-Trump denizens of the CR and other fellow travelers inhabiting this forum's equivalent on other websites from sea to shining sea.  I fucked that up, derailed from the original point I was trying to make, and so I'll own that.  I also didn't say you were "supposed" to do anything at all.  When something he says causes a stink, no member of the media on either end of the spectrum is going to present that without a positive or negative spin, so it seems to me that it's just a good idea to listen to the quote directly from his lips.

All that said, I stand by my original assertion.  Trump did not call Covid-19, the coronavirus itself, a hoax.

33 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Pos rep for showing up and seemingly keeping your cool. I checked in to see if anyone had stepped forth, and here you are. Bravo. That's no shit.

Cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce.  If you're sincere, then I thank you sincerely.  Pos rep back atcha.

Edited by TriStone

4 hours ago, TriStone said:

He didn't need to call it a hoax.

Just using the term hoax with the subject of coronavirus was deathly irresponsible. Literally.

2 minutes ago, pacman said:

He didn't need to call it a hoax.

Yeah, we all agree that was a stupid word to use.  Please don't take my defense as full-throated support for the man.  He's a piece of shit and I wish SOOOOO hard that he'd act like a motherfucking President and knock off the childish tweeting.  But, he's not going to, and being a raging, unpresidential asshole is not enough to make me support the present-day Joe Biden.  Maybe 2008 Joe Biden, but that man is gone.  We'll see what the landscape looks like when Biden is replaced on the ticket. 

36 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Although trump used the word hoax he didn’t really mean it and shouldn’t have said it.

Although trump used the words grabbed her by the pussy he didn’t really mean it and shouldn’t have said it.

We could play this game all day. 

the rats came back out because they found a new way to gasp. its hilarious, sad, funny, disheartening, have your pick at it. shit its the end of the world maybe - who cares about what you say anyway?! 

EXPLORE THE SPACE

source.gif

6 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

If you've realized that neither party represents Americans, congratulations. You aren't the last horse to leave the barn, but you're not exactly leading the pack.

He literally said 15 people died and appointed a task force? Well my apologies for ever daring to question dear leader then. I mean if you’re saying he appointed a “task force,” then that’s game over. Trump wins.

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

So does that mean Obama stops the Coronavirus then because he’s not an evil narcissistic incompetent boob? 

Im kind of digging that alternate reality.

All this nonsensical dissembling on whether Trump did indeed say the virus was a hoax or not is more evidence that Trump supporters don't actually have ideas. They thrive off of adopting the contrarian position, and then rationalizing it with pretzel logic. It's evident every single time they sit in front of their keyboards. They don't even pretend to be conservatives anymore, because they can't! Just to incorporate a baseline conservative position into their dumb rhetoric requires more elaborate spin than they're capable of mustering.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Ok.  Now what?

Any sane person would take the Obama response, and results in a heartbeat over what's on the way under President Pumpkin.

Obama (H1N1):

- April 15, 2009...first case of H1N1 in US

- April 21, 2009...CDC begins work on vaccine

- April 24, 2009...CDC uploads complete gene sequence of the virus to a publically-accessible international influenza database.

- April 26, 2009...Obama declares national health emergency

- April 28, 2009...CDC's H1N1 test kit approved

- June 11, 2009...WHO declares H1N1 a pandemic

- July 22, 2009... vaccine enters clinical trials

- September 15, 2009...four vaccines approved

153 days from first case to vaccine

Trump (COVID-19):

- January 21, 2020...first US case

- January 29, 2020...task force created

- January 31, 2020...bans foreign citizens who'd been in Chine within 14 days of arrival, from entering the US... Americans are still able to travel freely back and forth to China

- March 3, 2020...instead of using established international testing guidelines, CDC tries to create it's own test.  It fails, so CDC allows private labs to make there own

- March 11, 2020..WHO declares coronavirus a pandemic

- March 13, 2020...Trump declares national emergency

....to be continued

• Like 4

12 hours ago, zork said:

Stick to the topic.

Poor little pussy boy. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Ok.  Now what?

Any sane person would take the Obama response, and results in a heartbeat over what's on the way under President Pumpkin.

Obama (H1N1):

- April 15, 2009...first case of H1N1 in US

- April 21, 2009...CDC begins work on vaccine

- April 24, 2009...CDC uploads complete gene sequence of the virus to a publically-accessible international influenza database.

- April 26, 2009...Obama declares national health emergency

- April 28, 2009...CDC's H1N1 test kit approved

- June 11, 2009...WHO declares H1N1 a pandemic

- July 22, 2009... vaccine enters clinical trials

- September 15, 2009...four vaccines approved

153 days from first case to vaccine

Trump (COVID-19):

- January 21, 2020...first US case

- January 29, 2020...task force created

- January 31, 2020...bans foreign citizens who'd been in Chine within 14 days of arrival, from entering the US... Americans are still able to travel freely back and forth to China

- March 3, 2020...instead of using established international testing guidelines, CDC tries to create it's own test.  It fails, so CDC allows private labs to make there own

- March 11, 2020..WHO declares coronavirus a pandemic

- March 13, 2020...Trump declares national emergency

....to be continued

Jan 31st, from Dr Fauci:

DR. FAUCI:  Thank you very much, Mr. Secretary.  The concept that’s underlying the action that you’ll hear about shortly is the issue of the unknown aspects of this particular outbreak.  So let me enumerate just a few of these.

I can start off by putting it into perspective by telling you I often get asked — we have an influenza outbreak here.  We have about 8,000 deaths already.  We have about 100,000 hospitalizations.  Why are we paying such attention?  And why are we doing the kinds of things we’re doing here right now?

Well, the reason is, despite the morbidity and mortality with influenza, there’s a certainty, for example, of seasonal flu.  I can tell you all, guaranteed, that as we get into March and April, the flu cases are going to go down.  You could predict pretty accurately what the range of the mortality is and the hospitalizations, as we’ve done over the years.

The issue now with this is that there’s a lot of unknowns. As you can see just from the media, the number of cases have steeply inclined each and every day.  You know that, in the beginning, we were not sure if there were asymptomatic infection, which would make it a much broader outbreak than what we’re seeing.  Now we know for sure that there are.

It was not clear whether an asymptomatic person could transmit it to someone while they were asymptomatic.  Now we know from a recent report from Germany that that is absolutely the case.

There are a number of countries outside of China that have travel-related cases.  And now what we’re seeing is that there are secondary cases from them, and, as Bob mentioned, we also have that in this country.  The WHO has issued, as you know, a Public Health Emergency of International Concern declaration.

If you put all these things together, I underscore what Bob said: We still have a low risk to the American public, but we want to keep it at a low risk.  And because there are so many unknowns here, we’re going to take the action that the Secretary will describe, in a temporary way, to make sure we mitigate, as best as we possibly can, this risk.  Thank you.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-members-presidents-coronavirus-task-force/

Having the benefit of looking back at what actually happened instead of what might happen with unknowns is real distinction.

1 hour ago, zork said:

Jan 31st, from Dr Fauci:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-members-presidents-coronavirus-task-force/

Having the benefit of looking back at what actually happened instead of what might happen with unknowns is real distinction.

I'm missing your point.  Are you suggesting that everyone knew what they were dealing with at the onset of H1N1?

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Their goal is simply to be against the “right” people (which includes most anything mainstream at this point), no matter what, and to get theirs, no matter what.  If that requires changing ideas, pretzel logic, conspiracy theories, following mean spirited conman trolls, siloing with sources that reinforce the bullshit, or even outright lies, then so be it.  

It’s all just a giant victim complex that has somehow been animated into a living breathing political party.

This is the most succinct and accurate explanation I've seen.  Spot on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

It’s a movement of angry reactionary people who are against everything and see themselves as the resistance against the media, the government, the Democrats, the RINOs, the universities, the scientists, political correctness, globalization, immigration, demographic changes, the modern culture in general, and really just changing times in general - all of which is included in “the Left” for them.  

Contrarian is really a good way to put it.   Their goal is simply to be against the “right” people (which includes most anything mainstream at this point), no matter what, and to get theirs, no matter what.  If that requires changing ideas, pretzel logic, conspiracy theories, following mean spirited conman trolls, siloing with sources that reinforce the bullshit, or even outright lies, then so be it.  

It’s all just a giant victim complex that has somehow been animated into a living breathing political party.    And they have the most selfish, defensive, vindictive, contrarian Monday morning QB imaginable to lead them.  He’s the embodiment of their version of the counterculture on steroids, so of course they love him.

A long time ago, right after the election, I noted how Trump was masterful at talking to the "deplorables" or whatever you want to call the economically and politically "disenfranchised;" the ones who felt ignored by the "elite."

What I didn't realize at the time was how many of these there were and how vocal and obnoxious they would become.  I kind of figured they'd cast their votes and recede into quiet irrelevance again.

This is a great distillation of those people.

• Like 2

The idea that Trump is doing a great job handling the outbreak and he's just being called a racist for it  been referenced here without succinct rebuttal, the Breitbart article shared by @zork in particular.

The "Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States" Executive Order: The order, or "travel ban" was enacted in 2017. On January 31st 2020, it was expanded to include Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar (Burma), Nigeria, Sudan, and Tanzania in certain cases. There was a response from many Democrats and activist groups that this was racist, xenophobic, etc. China has never been included in the travel ban.

Also on January 31st of this year, Trump signed a "Proclamation on Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus". This prevents most foreign nationals from being able to enter the U.S. if they have traveled to China within the past 14 days and (according to Reuters) was widely considered a reasonable step in the coronavirus’ initial phases of spread and contagion.

Key note: Reuters could not find evidence of major media outlets or Democrats calling the "Proclamation on Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus" racist, xenophobic or bigoted. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-executive-order/partly-false-claim-president-trump-signed-executive-order-13769-temporarily-barring-foreigners-from-entering-the-us-if-they-had-been-to-china-idUSKBN21739V

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I'm missing your point.  Are you suggesting that everyone knew what they were dealing with at the onset of H1N1?

I don't know, I'm a landlord and Econ major.   My opinion is what it is.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

You support the worst president this country has ever had and it's not even close.

Bravo.

I don't agree but that is not important.  Let us come together to support those in need till it comes time to interpret the language and real meaning of the Biden vs Trump shitastic remarks/comments/hyperbole to come.  It is why we live here in the CR.

8 minutes ago, zork said:

I don't agree but that is not important.  Let us come together to support those in need till it comes time to interpret the language and real meaning of the Biden vs Trump shitastic remarks/comments/hyperbole to come.  It is why we live here in the CR.

It doesn't matter if you agree. He's it. He's the worst. Bottom of the barrel, no matter what you think.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It doesn't matter if you agree. He's it. He's the worst. Bottom of the barrel, no matter what you think.

ok, man.  Judges will be the judge of the judging of whether his judges are worth any of the barrel bottom-ness you describe.