Anyone enjoying themselves?

Wulaw Horn

On 3/31/2020 at 2:53 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I put my eggs in the refrigerator in a bowl and toss the store container.  They don't print a use by date on the egg, so I have no idea on what it is.  I have some that have been in the fridge for quite a while.  Am I going to die if I make some egg salad?

if you're ever questioning whether they are still good, drop them in a glass of water..if they float, no good

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Yeah, that's the one I first heard, with the nice guitar lick. I gotta say this 1990s version is growing on me, makes me think of the first time I sat in a plastic Coca Cola chair inside a fluorescent stucco arcade eating ceviche.

Great song, it’s stuck in my head now for the rest of the day

• Like 1

Subsonic .22 round to the head would spark the fun 

Considered that but:

“In the United States it is illegal to take, kill, or possess black vultures without a permit and violation of the law is punishable by a fine of up to US$15,000 and imprisonment of up to six months.”

Anyway, may be useful if me or my neighbors drop dead on the sidewalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, we're enjoying ourselves.

We were waiting on some Barred Rock chicks, but that farm bailed on us, so we settled for a straight run of over 30 Australorps. If the math works out, we'll be getting eggs in 6 months, but we'll have a dozen or so fryers in about half that time. Once the roosters hit puberty, they're also hitting the deep fryer.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 8:06 PM, InkaUtexas said:

It is why we are here right? So we have a place to vent. Similar story. Daughter is in her Senior year and her one concern is what will her freshman year in College look like.

Something I saw on FB made me think about this yesterday. Of course, dealing with this situation sucks the world over, but I got kinda bummed thinking about how cheated I would have felt to have to spend the final 2 months of my senior year of high school, much less the summer before college, stuck inside at my parents' house, not able to spend time with my friends. That was one of the best periods of my young life.  Senior trips,  graduation parties, rush parties at you and your friends' future colleges...etc. Even the strictest of the strict parents seemed to ease up a bit on curfew/drinking. Your first real taste of being a free "adult." 

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Like 2

Not enjoying this shit at all. Other than the the Oregon softball team. Thanks @InkaUtexas for posting that! That made my day.

My wife is doing couples therapy in the next room over via zoom. She has earbuds in so I can't hear her clients' side of the conversation. I guess her clients are working out some sex issues because I heard her ask one of them yesterday, "So John, how often exactly are you masturbating?"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Not enjoying this shit at all. Other than the the Oregon softball team. Thanks @InkaUtexas for posting that! That made my day.

My wife is doing couples therapy in the next room over via zoom. She has earbuds in so I can't hear her clients' side of the conversation. I guess her clients are working out some sex issues because I heard her ask one of them yesterday, "So John, how often exactly are you masturbating?"

“Uhhh yes?”

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No longer enjoying myself. My daughter is sick. I’m sick. Don’t think it’s corona but feel yucky. Trapped inside the house and lethargic. 

Ready for this to be over I think. 

Brutal. My infant son got sick last week and I just can't figure out how since we have all been trapped inside the house for 3 weeks now.

25 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Brutal. My infant son got sick last week and I just can't figure out how since we have all been trapped inside the house for 3 weeks now.

I know- right?  She’s left the house twice in a month and I’ve left the house less than 10 times and then just for necessities. Crazy. 

Not enjoying this shit at all. Other than the the Oregon softball team. Thanks [mention=962]InkaUtexas[/mention] for posting that! That made my day.

Holy shit. This deserves its own thread simply filled with the questions your wife asks the clients. How many times has your wife suggested “shopping therapy” to her clients? It could be almost as entertaining as the Dirtbike thread.

• Like 1

Small backyard getting deep in clover. I could have cranked up something mechanical and knocked it out in a few minutes. Instead, I recommissioned an old sling blade. I get more exercise, and there is something to do for a longer time.

Plus, potted meat. Mmmmm hhhmmm.

Breaking News: My old jeans fit again.

I give credit to constant but moderate day drinking and small meals not from restaurants. As a rational being I have kept exercise to a minimum, just gardening and the occasional lifting of wimp-light weights.

Got cilantro, basil, and thyme in the ground. These seeds are new so should grow. But I have an unverified sighting of an 8-year-old radish seed sprouting.

Watched a crow harass a hawk for a while.

Cleared out some privet thickets. Real Lost City of Z vibe back in there. Is it bad, to find an idol with bats flying out of the mouth?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i'm finally getting to understand what a pro athletes life is like

wake at 0730 eat breakfast

Email,

First workout of the day calisthenics, weights and bands

Stretch

email and surly

1 hour plus run depending on workout

stretch

Lunch email

play station call of duty

Hook Bike up for Zwift 1-2 hours depending on workout

stretch

Dinner

Hot tub

Shower

Bed

repeat

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The University said:

i was handed a huge collection of train stuff from the 40s to the 80s. no idea where to start, and the condition is mint or barely used.

i am assuming the first recommended step is to order a conductor's cap on amazon. what's step two?

inventory what you have and make a map. 

On 4/2/2020 at 3:31 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

"You gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers in this racket."

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, The University said:

i was handed a huge collection of train stuff from the 40s to the 80s. no idea where to start, and the condition is mint or barely used.

i am assuming the first recommended step is to order a conductor's cap on amazon. what's step two?

Take the size you have the most track of, and set it to run in circles around the house, elevated at least as high as your head. Leave room where it goes through doors so it doesn't knock the trained monkey off the locomotive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The University said:

What scale? 

Just now, The University said:

so far, everything appears to be ho. quite a few landscape/building bits as well.

Nice man. I have a bunch of 1/72 scale WW2 crap I am thinking about busting out. I know as soon as I decide what to do this crap will be done.  Build away. 

tumblr_myvxotSngq1rtntdlo5_500.png

I'm doing a fair bit of cooking, which I enjoy but never have time to do.   It's like an extra bonus to try to replace ingredients that you don't have and can't get with random stuff in your kitchen.

But my wife is going absolute batshit from social media drama overdose.  She's constantly playing victim to random posters and internet articles and she's counting on me to validate her victim fantasy.  I'm playing with fire every time I leave my home-office.  It's like Cloak Room, but with real life consequences.

So it's a mixed-bag overall for me.

12 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Dude with the Nurf guns is having more fun than I am! My son had quite the collection, but that was at least 10-12 years ago.

Hopefully he “made up” with the Mrs after his target practice.

if not she can come here. I won't shoot at her. well in some ways. 

On 3/31/2020 at 3:29 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

So long as they haven't been washed with water, they keep a damned long time not refrigerated, either. Most of the world doesn't refrigerate them, but in the U.S., it's pretty much a requirement once they go through the industrial washers most packing facilities use. Has to do with the membrane just inside the egg -- it's water soluble, and water seeps through the shell and breaks down the protective membrane. No water? No breakdown. Egg won't rot for a very, very long time.

Yeah.  We would have eggs for two months on deployment.  The trick is to dip it in mineral oil so the egg stays intact

Edited by FartingMonk