Olympics, better late than never

Michael Knight

I gagree with a lot of this....I mean shit more fucking golf and tennis that shit is always on
I doubt soccer would go away and as an American we are not beat down with it as much and other places love it so I can see it
one thing that really sucks is this emphasis on having the females do the same new events as the males.....the BMX freestyle women would be thrashed by any decent 15yo weed smoking male.......shit some of them I could have done 90% of their tricks which consisted of jumping on the ramp.....a back flip was like woooooaaa.....meanwhile the guys are doing all kind of crazy shit the women look mostly like a kid at the park with a new bike

Those women BMX racers are pretty badass though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Olympic Entertainment

Rugby > Soccer. 

NZL v FRA has some great linebacker play, and some big runs broken off tackle. 

Plus, Rugby matches are even shorter.

40 minute half (seconds of added time)

20 minute halftime 

40 minute half (again with mere seconds of added time)

1 hr 40 mins ~20 seconds 

-frequently with blood 🩸 

38 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I haven't been watching closely, but it seems like the programming information in the guide (both at home with Dish, and staying in a hotel) has hardly ever been accurate with regard to what event is on what channels or when.

Are other people noticing this too? 

yea it is pissing me off on Dish specifically I tune in to see some sport you rarely see and shit it is tennis, golf, or basketball.....worse yet some channels with the same shit

NBC has really fucked this up.....they had paid programming on CSNBC earlier this morning

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
1 hour ago, Napoleon said:
Plus, Rugby matches are even shorter.
40 minute half (seconds of added time)
20 minute halftime 
40 minute half (again with mere seconds of added time)
1 hr 40 mins ~20 seconds 
-frequently with blood 🩸 

That's 15s. Olympic rugby is 7s.

I didn’t realize that there was a difference. 

How do they breakdown Rugby 7s?

Quarters? Halves? Shorter halves? Shorter halftime?

They still let the clock run, don’t they?

Incoming Horn Hailey Hernandez is diving on NBC in the semis.  I don't think it's live but I don't know if she advanced.

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I didn’t realize that there was a difference. 

How do they breakdown Rugby 7s?

Quarters? Halves? Shorter halves? Shorter halftime?

They still let the clock run, don’t they?

7 minute halves with a running clock.  The whole game with halftime is about 20-25 minutes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Can't help but notice whenever they show the outdoor sports the athletes are always drenched in sweat

I chuckled last night when they asked one of the US hurdlers how she trained to deal with the heat and humidity of Tokyo and said responded that she trained in DFW so she was prepared for it. It looks miserable out there. 

So are we going to rage against Djokovic withdrawing himself right after his singles loss/tantrum, costing his doubles partner a chance to compete and medal?

Or is that only reserved for Biles?  Just checking  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I chuckled last night when they asked one of the US hurdlers how she trained to deal with the heat and humidity of Tokyo and said responded that she trained in DFW so she was prepared for it. It looks miserable out there. 

seems that some were still a bit surprised, and there was an article out there about the hosts not being upfront about this fact. though I'm not sure how one goes about hiding what the weather conditions are in place given the seasonal data out there

51 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Should have gone to Houston imo

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So are we going to rage against Djokovic withdrawing himself right after his singles loss/tantrum, costing his doubles partner a chance to compete and medal?

Or is that only reserved for Biles?  Just checking  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Can't help but notice whenever they show the outdoor sports the athletes are always drenched in sweat

Tokyo has been 80% humidity or higher after sundown. Probably in the 60%-79% range in daylight. 

Absolutely miserable conditions.

In hindsight, Djokovic never should have entered the mixed doubles draw. 

Hubris + Nationalism + Tokyo Humidity =

ZERO MEDALS

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

He’s certainly not the GOAT of tennis. 

Wrong if you know anything about tennis.  Objectively, he has played in the Fedal Era his whole career and won despite it.  No doubt he will end up with more slams than any other male.  

He's a gigantic asshole on the court, and difficult to like, but he is a great player.  The GOAT.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Most of the criticism of her has been from men. Fuck them.

Well it had nothing to do with mental health at all but some kind of condition that from time to time will happen to gymnasts where they lose their sense of direction and it becomes dangerous to perform. Certainly did not stop everybody from writing their hot takes without knowing shit about what was going on.

I knew it was something pretty serious for a champion like Simone to drop out.

As for your gender nationalist hateful shit, fuck you and your narrative. Plenty of us have been nothing but supportive of Simone.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Well it had nothing to do with mental health at all but some kind of condition that from time to time will happen to gymnasts where they lose their sense of direction and it becomes dangerous to perform. Certainly did not stop everybody from writing their hot takes without knowing shit about what was going on.

I knew it was something pretty serious for a champion like Simone to drop out.

As for your gender nationalist hateful shit, fuck you and your narrative. Plenty of us have been nothing but supportive of Simone.

Slow your roll.  Most of the big articles and opinion pieces that have been out there criticizing her have been written by men.  I am not saying fuck all men.  I am saying fuck those that used their platform to bash her.  Looking at you Piers Morgan, Aaron Reitz (he has since apologized but fuck him), Charlie Kirk, Michael Che, Michael Bisping, etc..

That was not a call out of all men.  

And yeah, the Twisties are a mental block.  You could be seriously hurt if you compete while you have them.

13 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Slow your roll.  Most of the big articles and opinion pieces that have been out there criticizing her have been written by men.  I am not saying fuck all men.  I am saying fuck those that used their platform to bash her.  Looking at you Piers Morgan, Aaron Reitz (he has since apologized but fuck him), Charlie Kirk, Michael Che, Michael Bisping, etc..

That was not a call out of all men.  

And yeah, the Twisties are a mental block.  You could be seriously hurt if you compete while you have them.

I just want to add fuck Charlie Kirk in particular.

That is all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Has anyone else watched the Kevin Hart and Snoop daily Olympics show on peacock?  That shit is funny.   Snoop talking about skeet shooting highlights.  “I got a couple gold medals in skeet shooting but it ain’t that kinda skeet.  Skeet skeet skeet motherfucker!”    Yea it’s rated R for mature lol