Olympics, better late than never

Michael Knight

• blacklab changed the title to Olympics, better late than never

I won’t be watching, but I’m pulling for all of the poor countries, any teams playing against the USWNT, anyone playing against Novak Djokovic, any hot female who may pose nude with her medal(s) in the cumming months, and Naomi Osaka.

Oh, and any Longhorns who may be competing.

2 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Watching the ceremonies on live TV here in Japan!

#GoGoUSA

It would have been nice, since there’s no audience, if all the other athletes would’ve turned and cheered when the Japanese team made their entrance. That would’ve been a fitting show of respect.

But it always makes me proud when I see the American team make their entrance. Are there any countries represented there who haven’t contributed citizens to our country? The best countries are the ones whose Olympians don’t all look alike. It’s our diversity that makes us strong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Kabuki dancer was cool but that pianist nailed it. At times she reminded me of John Medeski. And then we got some Queen. Then the torch lighting ceremony was really impressive. Great performance without an audience. And then that fireworks show to end It with the accelerating circles of pyrotechnics was awesome.

Well done, Tokyo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

My wife designed the Team USA opening ceremony jacket. So there’s that

That’s pretty fucking cool. Looks good. Good job, Mrs. Spankytoes. 

Seriously though. I understand COVID, and white elephants, and commercialization, and rampant corruption. Maybe it’s true that this shit shouldn’t even be happening. But man, I don’t give a fuuuuuuuck about all that right now. I love the Olympics. Let’s fucking do this shit. USA! USA! USA!

On 7/21/2021 at 8:57 PM, Napoleon said:

any teams playing against the USWNT

Off to a good start.

This is obviously a touchy subject but they're in for a rude awakening if they start (keep?) losing. People in this country barely care about men's soccer. They only like the women because they've historically kicked so much ass. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sweden women’s soccer up 3-2 on Australia with 10+ left on NBCSN. 

USWNT had better hope that they can beat New Zealand, because if it is a draw, then Team Menopause isn’t going to make it out of the group playing their 3rd game in 6 1/2 days against a young, superior Aussie squad.

Just watched the lowlights from Argentina's 2-0 loss to Australia and saw where the ref decided he wanted to affect the outcome so he game a red card (2nd yellow) to an Argie defender for jostling in the box before a corner right before halftime.

1589881090_ScreenShot2021-07-24at6_11_56AM.thumb.png.e22fa8c508f360f2da901fc53fb66c6c.png

🤌 🤌 🤌's were produced by the booked Argentine, but it was too late. No reprieve would be coming for his efforts and perfect gesticulating form.

The video is queued up to the critical Yellow->Red and 🤌 🤌 🤌's that followed.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1