Olympics, better late than never

Michael Knight

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

yes I said he got the shot before the memorial.  he's certainly fully vaccinated by now.  people are getting covid even though they are vaccinated.

He said he did. If what he said is true then he wasn’t fully vaccinated by the time of the Memorial Tournament because there’s a two week delay between getting a second shot and being fully vaccinated. (Again, this is assuming the fellow who said Rahm got the J&J shot after the Memorial didn’t know what he was talking about.) I’d say there’s a greater than 0% chance that he wasn’t being honest about his vaccination status. But even if he was being totally honest, he wasn’t fully vaccinated at the time of the Memorial. How hard is that to understand?

Have you been vaccinated or are you looking for excuses not to get vaccinated?

Getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t contract the virus but your chances of survival are a lot better if you’ve been vaccinated. And the more people who get vaccinated, the less chance any of us are going to contract the virus. It’s not rocket science. Everyone who refuses to get vaccinated is a public menace. 

9 hours ago, WBT said:

Yeah and I guess this is why we rolled out our 3rd pitcher.  I didn't realize the softball was going to be over already tomorrow night/Tuesday morning.  What's the hurry?  Why not use the round robin results to seed 4 teams and then play it out?  Or if you want to go right to the medal round, make it best 2 of 3?

Perhaps this was the schedule all along but I get the impression that they want the athletes in Tokyo for as short as possible. Athletes have 48 hours to leave as soon as their competition is done. Getting some team sports done in the first few days could lessen the chance of covid outbreaks.

sucks for the athletes that their Olympic experience isn’t the best but it’s still better than nothing.

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He said he did. If what he said is true then he wasn’t fully vaccinated by the time of the Memorial Tournament because there’s a two week delay between getting a second shot and being fully vaccinated. (Again, this is assuming the fellow who said Rahm got the J&J shot after the Memorial didn’t know what he was talking about.) I’d say there’s a greater than 0% chance that he wasn’t being honest about his vaccination status. But even if he was being totally honest, he wasn’t fully vaccinated at the time of the Memorial. How hard is that to understand?

Have you been vaccinated or are you looking for excuses not to get vaccinated?

Getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t contract the virus but your chances of survival are a lot better if you’ve been vaccinated. And the more people who get vaccinated, the less chance any of us are going to contract the virus. It’s not rocket science. Everyone who refuses to get vaccinated is a public menace. 

he said he got the shot before memorial tournament.  I'm simply stating that he is obviously vaccinated now if he got his shot before the memorial tournament and got covid 3 months later.

18 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

he said he got the shot before memorial tournament.  I'm simply stating that he is obviously vaccinated now if he got his shot before the memorial tournament and got covid 3 months later.

Not sure a positive test means that he got covid 3 months later, as he had covid he could still be testing positive for weeks/month(s) after as his body sheds the virus.
My older brother first tested positive in Mid-May 2020 and continued to test positive for 9 weeks, he had very mild symptoms but the weekly test continued to come back positive. 

24 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I don't know dick about skateboarding, but it feels like a disappointment that we've only managed a bronze so far out of 6 medals awarded. Didn't we invent that fucking sport?

Psssst. You're not gonna be happy when you hear the USA France basketball score...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, tokamak said:

I don't know dick about skateboarding, but it feels like a disappointment that we've only managed a bronze so far out of 6 medals awarded. Didn't we invent that fucking sport?

Yeah. Like 60 years ago. 

Skateboarding is very international. Who knows if our best skateboarders are even there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

TRANSLATION: The IOC drug tests.

I wonder how much skateboarders even want to be in the Olympics. Doesn't seem very counterculture. 

Although it looks like Nyjah Huston did skate. Dude from Japan won gold. Hmmmmmm...

"Because when it comes down to it ... I don't skate to be the best, or to be famous, or make money, or be an Olympian," he (Huston) wrote, expressing his love for skateboarding. "It's the funnest thing on Earth."

There you have it. That's kind of what the "sport" is all about. Good for the Japanese kid, though.

Edited by ztejas

We invented Mountain Biking and the only medals we have ever won were Women’s Silver in ‘96 and 2012. Zero for the Men.

USA swimming isnt its usual dominate selves.   we aren't doing horrible.  but we arent doing great either.

so far in just a few finals did we have 2 swimmers.   in '12 and '16 that was almost a guarantee

We just had 2 finals where the Americans didnt even get a bronze.  

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mchookem said:

man the Russian men gymnastics team winning gold for the first time since 1996 made it a little dusy in here. 

those genuine emotional reactions...that's what the Olympics are about. 

Are you serious? Fuck Russia. All they are is an extension of the dirtbag USSR that cost us, how many medals? during the cold war. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Rising Texas freshman Lydia Jacoby wins gold!

Put that shit straight into my veins.  Watching her high school lose their shit when she won ... yeah, that's why I watch the Olympics.

(And fuck that guy who said Olympics were boring.)

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yeah, that was fun. 

Am just waking up from a nap and didn’t read the hashtags below the tweets. I was going to ask who this girl was, but realized I could look it up myself.

So it feels a little inappropriate that everyone is going nuts over a 17 year-old breaststroking girl…

…but then I was wondering…who the breaststroking girl was/is in the green cap? 

B8F31EE9-B0BA-4B27-86CF-50CE33B0FDBC.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Am just waking up from a nap and didn’t read the hashtags below the tweets. I was going to ask who this girl was, but realized I could look it up myself.

So it feels a little inappropriate that everyone is going nuts over a 17 year-old breaststroking girl…

…but then I was wondering…who the breaststroking girl was/is in the green cap? 

B8F31EE9-B0BA-4B27-86CF-50CE33B0FDBC.jpeg

Tatjana Schoenmaker.

• Drool 1