Olympics, better late than never

Michael Knight

What's infuriating to me is the TV coverage. I just want to watch shit live. Fucking live. Not delayed for Prime Time when everyone already knows the results. I want to watch the USAWNBB game that is starting in 10 minutes. Here is what I see:

USA: Men's Rugby: New Zealand vs. Australia

CNBC: Softball, Bronze Medal Game, Teams TBA

NBC: Women's Volleyball: US vs. China

NBC 4K: Upcoming: Women's Gymnastics, Swimming

Telemundo: Juegos Olimpicos Tokyo 2020: Edicion nocturna

NBC 4K 2: Upcoming: Diving, Gymnastics, Triathlon, Swimming

NBCSN: Triathlon

Golf: Live From the Olympics

Golf 4K: Upcoming: Men's Golf, First Round

Olympic Channel: Tennis

Olympic Channel 4K: Tennis

HOW IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD. I have no idea what is live vs. tape delay. And where is the fucking live hoops game? 

8 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

What's infuriating to me is the TV coverage. I just want to watch shit live. Fucking live. Not delayed for Prime Time when everyone already knows the results. I want to watch the USAWNBB game that is starting in 10 minutes. Here is what I see:

USA: Men's Rugby: New Zealand vs. Australia

CNBC: Softball, Bronze Medal Game, Teams TBA

NBC: Women's Volleyball: US vs. China

NBC 4K: Upcoming: Women's Gymnastics, Swimming

Telemundo: Juegos Olimpicos Tokyo 2020: Edicion nocturna

NBC 4K 2: Upcoming: Diving, Gymnastics, Triathlon, Swimming

NBCSN: Triathlon

Golf: Live From the Olympics

Golf 4K: Upcoming: Men's Golf, First Round

Olympic Channel: Tennis

Olympic Channel 4K: Tennis

HOW IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD. I have no idea what is live vs. tape delay. And where is the fucking live hoops game? 

Ok simmer down. Guide issue apparently. Game is live on USA. Still frustrating trying to know what's live and what isn't. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That is a replay though. 

Case in point. Do you have a guide somewhere that you're following to know? Would love to see a real time schedule with broadcast/channel info side by side.

Ladies not looking so good vs. Nigeria. Down 23-18 with 8 min left in half. 

Ok, but I don't know the final outcome. 

Anyway. Kiraly did a good job scouting. Dinks are killing Chinese. 

In this info-rich world we're in, it can be hard to ignore live outcomes overnight.  If it's not carried live overnight, that sux, but it smacks a little of ugly American to want events on our schedule. World cup is in Qatar next year.

14 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I’ll get screwed on our softball Gold medal game. 6 am is no bueno, just hope to see good news later. 

and the Womens gymnastics finals start just before the softball game. NBC isn't letting any network show footage of that event until Tuesday evening in prime time. I'll definitely check spoilers in the morning because fuck NBC's bullshit

Edited by perfectchaos007

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Am just waking up from a nap and didn’t read the hashtags below the tweets. I was going to ask who this girl was, but realized I could look it up myself.

So it feels a little inappropriate that everyone is going nuts over a 17 year-old breaststroking girl…

…but then I was wondering…who the breaststroking girl was/is in the green cap? 

B8F31EE9-B0BA-4B27-86CF-50CE33B0FDBC.jpeg

Weird  

8 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So she did bad on the vault and pulled out seems to be the timeline?   I just woke-up.

Seems like it. Conflicting reports on whether it’s a physical injury or she’s just over it. 

Quite a twist, to say the least. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Connie Clark on staff somewhere?  😬😬

Nah, USA Softball is just managed by an incompetent staff. Ericksen sucks and Dobson is a god awful offensive coach (LSU’s offense is not what Team USA should be emulating)

The Biles headlines are putting quotes about medical issues. If the issue is non-physical but she comes back for the individual events, the media will struggle on to report on it. If Durant decided to go home or hand out towels because the Olympics are causing him some mental strain, would we congratulate him on taking care of his health? 

And I'm in agreement that mental strain/illness/anxiety is a real condition. It's just unfortunate when that occurs in the middle of a competition when your teammates are stuck.

Tough subject.

It’s not physical and they are saying she might not compete in individuals.  I don’t know what’s going on with her but she’s been here before and they had fans then.  No fans, been training for years, multi time champ, like wtf this should be a normal day for her.  

• Hook 'Em 1