Thread for people banned from DT till coronavirus goes away

immamac

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Ahem. Excluding yourself is not the same. Icono got himself voluntarily banned too.

I know.  But I honestly taken aback a little by folks so concerned about my former handle, about which I've always been upfront.

No shenanigans.  Folks still worried...

WTF?

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

I know.  But I honestly taken aback a little by folks so concerned about my former handle, about which I've always been upfront.

No shenanigans.  Folks still worried...

WTF?

Fuck'em. If you want to change your handle it's no skin off my back. 

If some people need to steer clear of CR for their own peace of mind, that's fine too. 

I posted a straight news story about the dismantling of the pandemic response unit and it was pretty evenly split between +/-. Don't care. That was before the fatwa was handed down to keep it local. 

Does that mean I can't post on Dan Patrick? 

Whatever. I prefer no holds barred CR. I'll go check out the DT thread, but it's not that informative. Zavala is the only one that's gotten a barrage of negs. EMAW might get one or two, but mostly he gets responses rather than rep, + or -

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I like no politics.

If everyone had one rep hit per day to give, It'd be a better place.  Literally every pos I rep is the "post of the day" to me.

The rep hits and the shout downs on CR are bullshit, and it ain't a matter of standing up for your own POV.  IT is insufferable.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 3

On 3/24/2020 at 8:18 PM, cactusflinthead said:

Fuck'em. If you want to change your handle it's no skin off my back. 

If some people need to steer clear of CR for their own peace of mind, that's fine too. 

I posted a straight news story about the dismantling of the pandemic response unit and it was pretty evenly split between +/-. Don't care. That was before the fatwa was handed down to keep it local. 

Does that mean I can't post on Dan Patrick? 

Whatever. I prefer no holds barred CR. I'll go check out the DT thread, but it's not that informative. Zavala is the only one that's gotten a barrage of negs. EMAW might get one or two, but mostly he gets responses rather than rep, + or -

Lie some more

9 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Lie some more

What lie? You want me to neg you back? Haven't seen a comment from you recently in CR, but I have seen several drive by negs you left behind. 

Me negging EMAW yesterday? That was after this comment and I'll stand by it. He's yet to respond to my reply. 

Fuck it. You're going to drop by, neg people, and contribute absolutely nothing.

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

What lie? You want me to neg you back? Haven't seen a comment from you recently in CR, but I have seen several drive by negs you left behind. 

Me negging EMAW yesterday? That was after this comment and I'll stand by it. He's yet to respond to my reply. 

Fuck it. You're going to drop by, neg people, and contribute absolutely nothing.

What lie...lulz

On 3/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, immamac said:

I will be updating this thread with the names of posters who have been banished from daily texan for talking politics in the coronavirus thread.

Join me in shaming them.

How'm I sposta shame them if you don't list their names ???

waiting gif GIF

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Looking forward to the “WWIII Thread - NO POLITICS ALLOWED!”

Can you post something more idiotic.  Life isn't politics to everyone sport.  The thread has been civil for the most part because the BS of CR has been banished, now be off  troll.

It's interesting that every war ever studied can be discussed without politics ever being mentioned.  That must blow your mind, and profit margin.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, immamac said:

I will be updating this thread with the names of posters who have been banished from daily texan for talking politics in the coronavirus thread.

Join me in shaming them

@clapclapclap
@ChickenSandwich

@Captainant

@Pasken

I'm kind of confused. What post did I write in the No Politics C19 thread that got flagged?

Understood. So this is what I was reply to:

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

Fauci on CNN saying he thinks the 2nd wave that could come in the Fall/Winter won't be nearly as bad. 

giphy.gif

And this is what I said: 

Yea but he is assuming the US is going to be in a better position in testing and supplies so that assumes Trump is going to start making good decisions. 

My intent was to add context to a statement that was very misleading without it and created a false sense of security. Instead of saying Trump's name, I should have said that assumes we are going to see a monumental improvement in testing, tracking and isolation.  The meaning is effectively the same however I understand I violated the rules but it wasn't my intention. It would be really nice if I could get the ability back to freely post outside of the DT forum without having to get every single post approved by a moderator.  

Edited by Pasken
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

I saw the post but I didn't report it.  It said something to the effect of "if Trump ever makes the right decision".  I don't know if you edited it or if it got deleted, but I did see it.  I can't find ti now though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Should probably rename Daily Texan to Instagram Posts Only since that's about the level of discussion people can handle. Post pictures of your food and smell your own farts god forbid you discuss actual issues.

Actually, it's the very inverse of what you describe.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

That rolling ball of hate sub forum should just die in a fire and the little cartoon kid Calvin can piss on the ashes.

There are a handful of posters "The cabal" that really dictate the level of bile residing there.  They're like the Mudjahadeen of Surly .

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

That rolling ball of hate sub forum should just die in a fire and the little cartoon kid Calvin can piss on the ashes.

This piece of shit posted daily about what a terrible person Obama was and now gets offended that people dare insult his new white president.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

Yeah, that thread sure is doing much better now that you've got CTJ constantly attacking people personally and invoking "muh CR" whenever he disagrees with their assessment of the situation.

Keep up the good work with moving the moderating goalposts to suit you, hornfans would be proud.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2