Thread for people banned from DT till coronavirus goes away

immamac

Listen folks, people would clearly prefer to die of an infectious disease than discuss contemporary American politics on a sports message board in the current events forum...which, ironically, might have something to do with why we’re now dropping dead by a thousand a day.  Let’s keep our plague non-political and just pretend it’s all an act of god or some dumb shit like that.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 12

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Listen folks, people would clearly prefer to die of an infectious disease than discuss contemporary American politics on a sports message board in the current events forum...which, ironically, might have something to do with why we’re now dropping dead by a thousand a day.  Let’s keep our plague non-political and just pretend it’s all an act of god or some dumb shit like that.

Not indulging the political aspects of the topic are hardly increasing the spread/ effectiveness of the disease.

As if anyone is fucking solving something by constantly talking shit about "the other side."

Seek solutions, not disruption, and then there might be a point...

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Must suck when your entire raison d'etre crashes, and burns. Jesus you're a beating. Oh noes....... we can't talk about politics what ever will I do !!!  

What do you do when you have to stand in the corner at parties when no one will engage in your  game ? Are you capable of discussing anything without a political bent ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Not indulging the political aspects of the topic are hardly increasing the spread/ effectiveness of the disease.

As if anyone is fucking solving something by constantly talking shit about "the other side."

Seek solutions, not disruption, and then there might be a point...

What if I told you it isn't about sides or parties, and that it's just that we're all fucking fed up with the federal government dropping the ball every step along the way. 

Noticing and addressing those failures is an important component of a solution. Covering your eyes and ears and acting like everything is honkey dorey like we're effectively responding to the pandemic is taking a fucking political stance. 

We can't test everyone who needs a test, governors are bidding against each other for the limited supply of ventilators and masks, states that are receiving materials from the national stockpile are getting far less and later than what they were told they'd get, the list goes fucking on and on. 

It's not fucking political to point out that the response is botched. And it's important to acknowledge, because otherwise there aren't going to be any changes in our approach and federal response. 

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What if I told you it isn't about sides or parties,

I wouldn't believe you, because you have not posted shit in the regular thread.  You people are incapable of such behavior on the regular.  It always ends with either an intellectual superiority claim or self-proclaimed sensitivity awards.

Thank you, BTW.  Don't think of it as an invitation to come fuck up that discussion.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I wouldn't believe you, because you have not posted shit in the regular thread.  You people are incapable of such behavior on the regular.  It always ends with either an intellectual superiority claim or self-proclaimed sensitivity awards.

Thank you, BTW.  Don't think of it as an invitation to come fuck up that discussion.

Didn't even acknowledge the points on the botched  federal response, but you already know what my reply to any conversation would be?

That's the problem my dude. 

Enjoy your fantasy land thread.

Ps - sorry I didn't type my reply fast enough for you

On 4/4/2020 at 4:27 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You have your own political thread in the Cloak Room, you disingenuous cunt.

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 4/4/2020 at 4:27 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

people would clearly prefer to die of an infectious disease than discuss contemporary American politics on a sports message board in the current events forum

have you ever considered that rather than wanting to die, some of us just do not care about the political opinions of anyone who posts here?

rule #1 to get me to care enough to consider your opinion on contemporary American politics is, don't post it on a sports message board

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

have you ever considered that rather than wanting to die, some of us just do not care about the political opinions of anyone who posts here?

rule #1 to get me to care enough to consider your opinion on contemporary American politics is, don't post it on a sports message board

What about a running commentary on a WWE hall of famer that's running the pandemic response? That's topical sports talk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

On 4/4/2020 at 9:55 AM, Iceman said:

You people are incapable of such behavior on the regular.

giphy.gif

Considering there may be no outdoor displays this year that we usually attend, the impromptu fireworks displays have been....interesting.

Best wishes to all at "maintaining low tones." (gosh I love that movie. Hope Mr. Ackroyd doesn't get the COVID)

• Haha 1

Well shit,

I noticed I was now -10.

Because I posted some of my views in Politics.

How many until I am banned from Surly?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-testing-specialrep/special-report-how-korea-trounced-u-s-in-race-to-test-people-for-coronavirus-idUSKBN2153BW?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

I posted this article and people went to town.  

Edited by BNB
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BNB said:

Well shit,

I noticed I was now -10.

Stay away from that cesspool, and all is forgiven.  Unless you study it, and find out that you have to toe the line of the Cabal or it's Jihad on yer ass. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BNB said:

Well shit,

I noticed I was now -10.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-testing-specialrep/special-report-how-korea-trounced-u-s-in-race-to-test-people-for-coronavirus-idUSKBN2153BW?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

I posted this article and people went to town.  

It is interesting to me that those that post their stupid shit in there have not figured out that the people that live in the real world don't want to hear their idiot views and don't like them overall.  I think the CR is made up of 3 real people and the rest are socks.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Who are all of Hugo socks?

As in any mystery look for who benefits the most.  If I were to look, or care, who are the highest repped posters on the board?  Since Commies don't care about money, rep is all they have.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2020 at 12:04 PM, immamac said:

You literally said the president's name which has been against the rules in that thread since like the beginning of March

Making a safe space where discussion about a national catastrophe is exclusively non-political feels awkward and artificial to me personally. Doesn't much matter though.

32 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Making a safe space where discussion about a national catastrophe is exclusively non-political feels awkward and artificial to me personally. Doesn't much matter though.

I sorta get it, you don't talk about how much you hate someone at work in front of hr, but you will to your friends. Maybe not the best analogy, but it's not my best take.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Because some people can't talk about politics without getting personal, losing their shit, and, perspective.

They're right, and you're fucking wrong you mother fucking, POS, insect !!!!!!  How can you not see that you fucking POS ??!!  My team is the good righteous team, and you're team is from Hell, and bent on destroying us all.

The thread has had bad moments, but has been pretty good for the most part.  There'll be plenty of time to point fingers at your favorite whipping boys once this thing dies down. Besides there's already a thread where you can talk political shit all you like.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Because some people can't talk about politics without getting personal, losing their shit, and, perspective.  

Agreed, personal attacks should be reserved for gold star families and former POWs. Just can't imagine why the personal-political line is blurred for some folks.

• Like 4

On 4/14/2020 at 1:03 AM, Degenerate Gardner said:

Cloak room is getting so lonely for non lefties that they’re starting to call bad teammate a trump supporter.  Lol. 

Edited by EuroHorn
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Agreed, personal attacks should be reserved for gold star families and former POWs. Just can't imagine why the personal-political line is blurred for some folks.

As a gold star son, bring it on. Don’t give a fuck anyway.
  • Like 2

On 3/24/2020 at 8:18 PM, cactusflinthead said:

Fuck'em. If you want to change your handle it's no skin off my back. 

If some people need to steer clear of CR for their own peace of mind, that's fine too. 

I posted a straight news story about the dismantling of the pandemic response unit and it was pretty evenly split between +/-. Don't care. That was before the fatwa was handed down to keep it local. 

Does that mean I can't post on Dan Patrick? 

Whatever. I prefer no holds barred CR. I'll go check out the DT thread, but it's not that informative. Zavala is the only one that's gotten a barrage of negs. EMAW might get one or two, but mostly he gets responses rather than rep, + or -

Then explain how my rep has gone from almost 700 down to about 450 in the last week.  I also had a message where I had 61 notifications about my posts of sort or another and I went into my profile to look for them and everything in my profile is blank.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 8:25 AM, cactusflinthead said:

What lie? You want me to neg you back? Haven't seen a comment from you recently in CR, but I have seen several drive by negs you left behind. 

Me negging EMAW yesterday? That was after this comment and I'll stand by it. He's yet to respond to my reply. 

Fuck it. You're going to drop by, neg people, and contribute absolutely nothing.

Read my above post.  I have no idea which comment you are talking about. In fact going by this thread I'm not sure I have any idea about any comment from anyone about anything.  I haven't been on here since yesterday morning.  I tried yesterday evening but I was getting a bad gateway message that I assumed was from the spring cleaning being performed yesterday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Read my above post.  I have no idea which comment you are talking about. In fact going by this thread I'm not sure I have any idea about any comment from anyone about anything.  I haven't been on here since yesterday morning.  I tried yesterday evening but I was getting a bad gateway message that I assumed was from the spring cleaning being performed yesterday.

Nah, it was just a blocking of selected posters while there was a group chat about them....Did you ......uuuuhhh ... did you get one of those "bad gateway" alerts ?