Politics in the CV thread - stop posting it and stop responding to those that do

blacklab

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

It's kind of like, you have to have a toilet. Because if you didn't, you'd be forced to shit all over the living room rug. 

Sure, the toilet is full of shit. But that's better than the alternative. 

Cloak roomers drink from theirs

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That's a terrible idea as many have noted.  Hell no.  

Wrong. What happens when politics are banned from a non-political site is, the very very few posters that just cannot live without sharing their political commentary either leave the site in a snit, or just post political stuff where it doesn't belong and quickly accumulate enough warnings to get banned. 

And fucking none of them are missed when either of those things happen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Wrong. What happens when politics are banned from a non-political site is, the very very few posters that just cannot live without sharing their political commentary either leave the site in a snit, or just post political stuff where it doesn't belong and quickly accumulate enough warnings to get banned. 

And fucking none of them are missed when either of those things happen.

There’s a lot of sports forums/sites out there.  You can check them out.  When there’s no politics forum the shit flinging invariably ends up all over.  This is known.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, achooloco said:

in regards to "No more national leadership or mentions - this thread will only be for local instances of public policy by local I mean LOCAL, only city/county level discussion is allowed. The national and state public policy talk needs to move to Cloak Room as there isn't a conducive way to include it and have members of the board not feel attacked politically" does that mean the thread won't allow mentions of the Cuomo PCs or really just the info presented there? Don't think there has been much mention of his political BS but others have brought up the figures he presents. There are posters in NY/NYC (it is also the area hit the hardest right now and a preview of what the rest of the country will possibly have to deal with), VA, couple in WA, MN, etc so figure'd I'd ask for a ruling on whether "local" meant TX only or what. Thanks. 

city/county is fine doesn't matter if you live there or not, chances are someone on the board in that thread does. NYC is a huge hub for users as is seattle, twin cities, DC, etc.

• Like 1

I didn’t think it was all that hard to differentiate; if it related to cases, fatalities, treatments, graphs of trends it was current/news. If it was policy, personnel with respect to policy, or opinions related to such then CR. 

If someone says, that belongs in a different thread and proceeds to name which one is appropriate, I figure it’s more helpful than meant as a personal attack. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I didn’t think it was all that hard to differentiate; if it related to cases, fatalities, treatments, graphs of trends it was current/news. If it was policy, personnel with respect to policy, or opinions related to such then CR. 

If someone says, that belongs in a different thread and proceeds to name which one is appropriate, I figure it’s more helpful than meant as a personal attack. 

Sounds like something a cloak roomer would say

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

So you say. I have seen 100% the opposite.

Fuck, hope you’re right.  I really want to believe people can police themselves.  And I have nothing to base my claim on...either way on the next iteration of Surly there should be no rep in that forum, if a CR exists at all.  

Also if you post X amount in the CR, being ‘locked in’ for a time period also sounds like a good idea.  

How about a very special badge that designates posters with more than, say, 5% of their posts being in the CR? Then, allow the rest of us to ignore all posters who have earned that badge. 

Something has to be done. I stopped reading the main CV thread days ago because of the thinly-veiled CR crap. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Removing rep for cloak room posts so they can be crowd sourced is a great idea, personally. But there’s a high probability that kind of specification isn’t something the board software can do. But if it can, fuck yeah.   

Speaking of shitty Rep Manipulation, TOR sent me an email out of the blue asking me if shaggy died a few days ago. I responded Yes, and I’d only tell him what happened if he gave me a straight answer on where he’s been. So far it’s nothing been a string of bullshit, so I haven’t responded. So I’ve got that going for me. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Removing rep for cloak room posts so they can be crowd sourced is a great idea, personally. But there’s a high probability that kind of specification isn’t something the board software can do. But if it can, fuck yeah.   

Speaking of shitty Rep Manipulation, TOR sent me an email out of the blue asking me if shaggy died a few days ago. I responded Yes, and I’d only tell him what happened if he gave me a straight answer on where he’s been. So far it’s nothing been a string of bullshit, so I haven’t responded. So I’ve got that going for me. 

I saw where he magically appeared and acted all confused.

53 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Send him our love and best wishes

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck, hope you’re right.  I really want to believe people can police themselves.  

just to clarify, i meant what I've seen in my examples was 100% the opposite-- I did not mean 100% of the time, it would work out the way I was proposing. I've seen the good, I'm not naive enough to say it always will work out that way.

Here, I think it would, because it's a sports and tits site and most of us want it as a respite from politics. 

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

There’s a lot of sports forums/sites out there.  You can check them out.  When there’s no politics forum the shit flinging invariably ends up all over.  This is known.  

This right here.  As well as the other side of the fence.  Go to Reddit.  Democrat Underground.  Etc. and jerk each other off and pos-rep one another to your hearts content  and libtard or TDS yourselves to sleep each night.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This right here.  As well as the other side of the fence.  Go to Reddit.  Democrat Underground.  Etc. and jerk each other off and pos-rep one another to your hearts content  and libtard or TDS yourselves to sleep each night.  

CR ------------->

22 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Blacklab or iMac should make it so anyone that has more than X number of clokeroom posts, it changes all the forum links so no matter what forum they click on it leads them back to clokekroom.  

They should change it so all those links go to besthugecocks.com

• Like 1