NCAA shuts down Trevor Lawrence's coronavirus relief campaign

texifornia

7 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

The NCAA didn't shut down Lawrence's fundraiser, the compliance office at Clemson did

They were just reaching out to Clempsom Compliance Officer to verify once a matching fund( paid to the NCAA) was established, they were good to go.

1 hour ago, Jersey Man10 said:

She's a 5. There I said it

I don’t know that I would call her a 5, but that is certainly not what I was expecting from a guy who has been the presumptive #1 overall pick in the NFL draft since his junior year of high school, at a southern, football-crazy school that is not lacking in quality girlfriend options.

18 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

The NCAA didn't shut down Lawrence's fundraiser, the compliance office at Clemson did.

Social media got something wrong?  No fucking way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with others, even stanco's wife is hotter.  There, I said it. 

• Like 1

Now that the story has changed, it's not that interesting. Of course, none of us were surprised to read it was shut down by the NCAA or by Clemson out of fear of the NCAA. The NCAA would prefer more covid-19 suffering than student-athletes generating money for any cause.

HaHa.... NCAA approved it!!

Clemson's Trevor Lawrence gets NCAA's OK for coronavirus fundraiser

When Clemson compliance officials learned about the page, they asked Lawrence and Mowry to deactivate it based on their interpretation and enforcement of NCAA policy, which does not allow the use of name, image and likeness for crowdfunding.

But the NCAA issued a statement Tuesday that said it would make an exception during the coronavirus outbreak for student-athletes who want to raise money to help.

"We continue to work with member schools so they have the flexibility to ensure that student-athletes and communities impacted by this illness are supported, and we applaud Trevor for his efforts," the NCAA said in its statement.

Lawrence said on his Instagram account: "Shout out to the NCAA. Thank y'all so much for granting a waiver. They're allowing us to continue to raise money for what we were doing originally."

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/clemsons-trevor-lawrence-ncaas-coronavirus-fundraiser/story?id=69783137

• Like 1