DalTxHornFan spittin fire on CV, now with landman

DalTxHornFan

On 3/24/2020 at 8:42 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, someone up thread said something about normal death rates. Here in NYC, a person dies every 9 minutes in a normal year. Per the city, we are at a total of 192 deaths. In a normal NYC day, 160 people die. Just thought we ought to put this in perspective especially since there are many times more people with this thing. Especially given as they are making harder and harder to get tested now.

12 coronavirus deaths in Texas thus far.  There are 9+ traffic deaths in Texas everyday.  That is considered an acceptable risk.  No highways closed down that I know of.  The coronavirus death toll is a rounding error.  We don't do risk management very well these days.

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 25

9 minutes ago, B00M said:

What would you do differently?

Personally, I wish all the folks that don't want to obey social distancing and instead just want to let this run its course could be sent to some island where they can't harm the rest of us. Then we can see how it plays out. You won't need gloves and shit cause the flu is worse right?

New York's hospitals are days from rationing care and Atlanta's aren't far behind... If the numbers remain a "rounding error" here it's because our sacrifices worked.

Yep. That's the beauty of this whole "shutdown/social distancing" experiment that we are headlong into.  The only thing that is assured it that it will shut down our economy.  If the virus spread slows down -- the "shutdown/social distancing" experiment will be credited.  If it doesn't slow down, we'll all be accused of not appropriately following the "shutdown/social distancing" experiment.  Win/win! 

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

No one debates if shutdowns work to slow the spread of disease or not, except for morons like yourself. Of course shutdowns accomplish that. The only real debate is are the shutdowns worth the cost. 

Lovely.  I really appreciate the intelligent discourse.  And thanks in advance for more negs.

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 6

13 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

When car accidents become highly contagious, this might make some sense. 

This is the stupidest fucking argument I’ve seen here. 

Thanks.  Obviously, I am talking about comparative risks of everyday life just to make a point of how overblown this reaction seems to be.  Of course a simple comparison of these 12 actual deaths to the expected annual deaths from the normal annual flu virus would blow all that comparative analysis away. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, achooloco said:

We were? Never saw anything for that. Got a link? I could have missed it. Or are you wrong and thinking about italy? 

also to borrow your expert analysis from before, it could be that Texas is not “officially” progressing at the same rate bc you aren’t testing at the same rate ny is. If texas never ramps up there testing then poof, they’ll never progress at the same rate. 

Unless you got a credible link for why you think Texas won’t progress the same way ny is (aside from refusing to test people), every other model shows it will. But I’ll read a real link if you got one. 

Yep.  I'm just making this shit up.

https://1010wins.radio.com/articles/ap-news/thousands-show-support-for-china-wuhan-at-nyc-parade

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

Why does this need to be split out?  It's a contrarian take, but not irrational trolling and not political other than it may coincide with the unpopular views of some politicians, who probably don't hold the view sincerely.

Which is not to say I agree with it, but it's semi-plausible.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Why does this need to be split out?  It's a contrarian take, but not irrational trolling and not political other than it may coincide with the unpopular views of some politicians, who probably don't hold the view sincerely.

Which is not to say I agree with it, but it's semi-plausible.

Your takes are usually well reasoned. Calling this semi-plausible is not well reasoned.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

because it's going to be 4 or 5 pages of people talking past each other on the opinions of what should be done.

it's borderline politics, and decided to move to new thread rather than just ban him 

Fair enough.  He's a good poster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Your takes are usually well reasoned. Calling this semi-plausible is not well reasoned.

Well, thanks.  

I think we (Dallas, Dallas County, Texas) are pursuing more or less the right course although many things could be improved, namely testing and hospital "reinforcement."

However, I was told with certainty on this board two weeks ago that in one week we would be Italy.  I'm pleased that we aren't. Yet.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

It's mainly the x kills y many people, so it's worse than CV argument that I'm tired of in that thread.

It's the thread equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded theater. If people would like to debate it, they can go to town here or this thread:

has a long series of decent arguments on both sides.

He's entitled to his take on this, I just don't want it fouling up the news thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

12 coronavirus deaths in Texas thus far.  There are 9+ traffic deaths in Texas everyday.  That is considered an acceptable risk.  No highways closed down that I know of.  The coronavirus death toll is a rounding error.  We don't do risk management very well these days.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMhX-ksUyHwWvDzEl_-3n 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

51 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

is daltxcornturd 1010wins from shaggy?

6 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Texas wasn't doing a "hug a chinaman" event like New York was doing at the lunar new year last month.  Texas is not progressing at the same rate.

Texas is not progressing at the same rate, but we'll soon be in trouble.  My sister and BiL are both ER nurses.  They will not have enough PPE when this shit hits.  If anything happens to them I'll blame trump and cunts like you, fuckface. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Texas is not progressing at the same rate, but we'll soon be in trouble.  My sister and BiL are both ER nurses.  They will not have enough PPE when this shit hits.  If anything happens to them I'll blame trump and cunts like you, fuckface. 

Define "in trouble" and "soon" and "shit hits" and then I'll happily discuss some kind of wager or scoreboard to keep track of these dire predictions. 

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I was a bit surly earlier, "fuckface" was uncalled for and I'm a tad sorry for that.  But it is the surl. 

Bottom line, I'm concerned that people in this area aren't taking this shit seriously and I have close family that is could be directly affected by that "this is no worse than the flu" crowd. 

• Like 1

.  If anything happens to them I'll blame trump and cunts like you, fuckface. 

If anything happens to them it's because they are in the industry they are in. They can choose to do something else.

As of right now there are 66k case and 944 deaths.

In 2009 there were a reported 22 million americans with h1n1 and 4,000 deaths.

Shaggytexas is still searchable. Show me your work where you damned the Congress and president back then. Rhetorical statement, I know. You wont respond.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, markstanco said:

If anything happens to them it's because they are in the industry they are in. They can choose to do something else.

As of right now there are 66k case and 944 deaths.

In 2009 there were a reported 22 million americans with h1n1 and 4,000 deaths.

Shaggytexas is still searchable. Show me your work where you damned the Congress and president back then. Rhetorical statement, I know. You wont respond.

Did H1N1 permanently scar lungs like this does? I am legitimately asking. 

I just want to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cant wait for what we say about this in 3 months.

I bet in the next pandemic new Yorkers wont "hug a chinaman" in the square like this time or whatever country the pandemic comes from.

Oh, yes they will. Retards.
  • Fuck You 2