Marquis II

Doug E. Fresh

I know many of you will be familiar with the Marquis II in Houston.  It's a local legend of a bar that is trying to survive right now and struggling, as are many others.  The owner, Al, is doing gift cards now to try and keep things going until he can reopen.  If you're a fan of the place and so inclined, you can reach him via email at al@marquis2.com to pick one up.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Doug E. Fresh said:

I know many of you will be familiar with the Marquis II in Houston.  It's a local legend of a bar that is trying to survive right now and struggling, as are many others.  The owner, Al, is doing gift cards now to try and keep things going until he can reopen.  If you're a fan of the place and so inclined, you can reach him via email at al@marquis2.com to pick one up.

I’m assuming he is printing these himself?  Standard-issue gift cards work through a bank/credit card processor and teh business doesn’t get the funds until the gift card is used

1 minute ago, AustinMT said:

I’m assuming he is printing these himself?  Standard-issue gift cards work through a bank/credit card processor and teh business doesn’t get the funds until the gift card is used

Not sure actually but I presume you may be right.   I bought one this morning and he's putting it in the mail today. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Met my wife there summer of 91. Spilled a $4 long island ice tea on her.

That was about 8 shots of alcohol in that $4 tea.  

Drank there from before I was allowed until about 1993.  Went back last year for the first time in 2+ decades.  Place is very different now. No couches.  Less seedy.  More like a bar than a hookup joint. 

Just now, Liquor and Poker said:

That was about 8 shots of alcohol in that $4 tea.  

Drank there from before I was allowed until about 1993.  Went back last year for the first time in 2+ decades.  Place is very different now. No couches.  Less seedy.  More like a bar than a hookup joint. 

That renovation happened in the last couple years after Al took over as owner. 

On 3/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, AustinMT said:

Got the gift card in the mail a few days ago.  It’’s a store labeled card you can swipe.  Don’t know if the cash is given up front or drawn when the card is swiped.  Honestly don’t care.  Just the latest update from my end.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1