Cloak Rooming of Bada^H^H^H^H Daily Texan

Beau Vine

14 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Hugo - it's one thing to note a political event as a current event.  It's another thing to post it with full cloak room partisan invective.  The politics board exists to keep that contained.

I don’t disagree. No one should actively seek a partisan political debate on the current events forum.

However, when a topic gets a little political in the dialogue on the current events board and people start calling for bans, give me a fucking break.  

Healthy discourse, speaking freely and openly on a current event topic shouldn’t be suppressed or discouraged just because someone feels like their safe space is invaded.

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

... Healthy discourse, speaking freely and openly on a current event topic shouldn’t be suppressed or discouraged just because someone feels like their safe space is invaded.

The point is, if you are feeling the need to post partisan spin/opinion, post it in the political form, not the current events forum.  We've managed to have concurrent discussions before.  There is no need to pee on Daily Texan rug.  It's not that difficult and old timers should know better.  I'm not advocating for a ban, but guan0 erred and he should feel bad. I do think it's constructive to set expectations.

Rules.gif / lebowski

On 4/12/2018 at 10:08 PM, mdmost said:

The upside to the new site is there's less Rocko now because he doesn't have his rep to hide behind. The downside is we have too much Hugo now. Are you going to start game threads this fall?

I'll take this any day.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:02 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t disagree. No one should actively seek a partisan political debate on the current events forum.

However, when a topic gets a little political in the dialogue on the current events board and people start calling for bans, give me a fucking break.  

Healthy discourse, speaking freely and openly on a current event topic shouldn’t be suppressed or discouraged just because someone feels like their safe space is invaded.

You’re not invading our safe space. You’re shitting in the living room. If there were no bathroom and you were locked in it might be acceptable. However there is one (cloakroom) and you’re free to go elsewhere 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1