DARK SIDE OF THE RING

lateshow

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fortunately the real show is back tomorrow (Thursday) night at 8. No clue who Brian Pillman is, guess I’ll find out. 

I'm looking forward to Pillman, I believe it's 2 episodes.  You should read up on him or watch stuff on YouTube about him prior to the show 

Great episode last night. Really made me root for Brian Jr, he seems like a fantastic dude. And JFC Melanie did not age well. She’s only 55.

I waited tables in college at Cracker Barrel in Oklahoma and she looked like the person in the smoking section that never stopped smoking and tipped you a dollar on their $30 tab.

31 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Great episode last night. Really made me root for Brian Jr, he seems like a fantastic dude. And JFC Melanie did not age well. She’s only 55.

I waited tables in college at Cracker Barrel in Oklahoma and she looked like the person in the smoking section that never stopped smoking and tipped you a dollar on their $30 tab.

She’s only 55?  Holy crap!  I only watched half that episode so far but I kept thinking she looks terrible but must be like 65 years old or something so whatever.

• Like 1

Whole lot to unpack in this episode. 

Daughter is pretty attractive. 

One thing I don’t like about this series is Ross & Cornette love to take credit for everything that went well, but those fucks will turtle on anything else. “I wasn’t consulted”, “I was against it”, etc.. Fucking convenient, bros. 

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Turned this week's off after the intro.  I'm dimly aware that went on but I'm not interested in glass, barbed wire, and all that shit.

You should turn it back on. I hate all that gore shit too, but it was a really good story. 

The HBK one on A&E was one of the best yet and got surprisingly the most real cause he works for them now.   But he talked about the yayo (his words) he was doing and pain killers and HHH talking about setting a alarm to check on him every couple hours.  I’m guessing he wanted to be real and open and works for them so he could vs dealing with dead ppl and their families not wanting to be total open.   

• Hook 'Em 3

Only tangentially related, I watched a 10 minute interview with Mankind and talking about Hell in the Cell and how he went cold and was in a fog for a lot of the match afterwards, which led me to an audiobook clip of Stone Cold's autobiography where he talks about how Owen made an amateur mistake and nearly crippled him and then never apologized before his death. Didn't know how serious that neck injury was, I just remember Stone Cold was the height of his prime and then was out for a long time.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

The HBK one on A&E was one of the best yet and got surprisingly the most real cause he works for them now.   But he talked about the yayo (his words) he was doing and pain killers and HHH talking about setting a alarm to check on him every couple hours.  I’m guessing he wanted to be real and open and works for them so he could vs dealing with dead ppl and their families not wanting to be total open.   

I agree that this was a really good one.  I was never much of a fan of HBK but it really told what seems to be the true story of his life with all the bad stuff and the religion/redemption angle of turning his life around.  I had never heard him admit that he knew about the Montreal Screwjob until this episode.  I know there were rumors he was part of it but in this show he flat out says he was which makes his lies to Brett Hart swearing to god that he didn’t know look even worse.  Is it fair to say I think his wife looks hotter now than 20 years ago?   Maybe its the blonde hair.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Agreed. Really good.

Also, Marty looks like shit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Only tangentially related, I watched a 10 minute interview with Mankind and talking about Hell in the Cell and how he went cold and was in a fog for a lot of the match afterwards, which led me to an audiobook clip of Stone Cold's autobiography where he talks about how Owen made an amateur mistake and nearly crippled him and then never apologized before his death. Didn't know how serious that neck injury was, I just remember Stone Cold was the height of his prime and then was out for a long time.

If you can watch the Stone Cold episode on A&E, they show the match it happened.  After the failed move, Stone Cold couldn't move at first.  When he went to go for the pin, his hands weren't working and he was crawling on his knees and wrists with his hands rolled under.  

5 hours ago, Catpfish said:

If you can watch the Stone Cold episode on A&E, they show the match it happened.  After the failed move, Stone Cold couldn't move at first.  When he went to go for the pin, his hands weren't working and he was crawling on his knees and wrists with his hands rolled under.  

In the Booker T episode it talks about how in Booker’s debut in the WWE he threw Stone Cold onto a table but because Steve Austin was sweaty he slipped off and broke a few bones in his back.  Steve Austin had some bad luck with some of these injuries.  

Speaking of the Booker T episode,  but it was damn dusty in here for parts of that. I'm biased because he and his brother trained at the same Golds Gym on Westheimer as I did back then. Hell I was there when they filmed him doing the hack squats. I knew he'd been in prison and had a rough childhood but I didn't know the extent of it. It was great to see such a legitimately great dude be successful and happy

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, closetohumping said:

I think HBK was arguably the biggest star in the 90s to 2000s, before SCSA and the Rock took over.  Poor Marty lol.

I met Michaels back around 2002 at... wait for it.... Walmart in San Antonio. Just couldn't help starting a conversation and ogling his old lady.  He came across as very kind and accommodating, so I assume this was after he'd gotten his life together.  Big Fan

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/18/2021 at 9:10 AM, DonkeyCigars said:

Full circle, but I think Goldberg fucked up Brett Hart's career with a side kick to the face.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:34 PM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Warrior biography got me in the feels.

Agreed.  The last 10 minutes was brutal.  I didn’t realize the speech he gave on Raw and then died later that night.  He will always be Dingo Warrior to me! It was strange watching the Dark Side episode on Warrior the same week as the Biography as it was very similar so didn’t have the same impact but I do like Jim Cornette in anything so him so it had that.  I am looking forward to the Mick Foley one on Sunday night.  Considering I haven’t followed wrestling since the 1990’s all this nostalgic wrestling stuff has me considering paying $4.99 a month for Peacock since it includes the WWE channel which has like all the old shows from WCW/WWF and I think it has all the PPV stuff for the last 30 years or more.  I could be wrong on the content so if anyone knows please post about that channel.   

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Agreed.  The last 10 minutes was brutal.  I didn’t realize the speech he gave on Raw and then died later that night.  He will always be Dingo Warrior to me! It was strange watching the Dark Side episode on Warrior the same week as the Biography as it was very similar so didn’t have the same impact but I do like Jim Cornette in anything so him so it had that.  I am looking forward to the Mick Foley one on Sunday night.  Considering I haven’t followed wrestling since the 1990’s all this nostalgic wrestling stuff has me considering paying $4.99 a month for Peacock since it includes the WWE channel which has like all the old shows from WCW/WWF and I think it has all the PPV stuff for the last 30 years or more.  I could be wrong on the content so if anyone knows please post about that channel.   

Very sad indeed. At least he made amends with several people at the end. 

And he'll always be Blade Runner Rock to me. That vignette in the gym made quite an impression on young DT.

Also have a buddy who is an attorney in AZ who represented him in some contract squabble, said he was a very bizarre individual 

i've been watching the a&e bios when i can remember to dvr them.  i've seen the stone cold, hbk and ultimate warrior episodes and have enjoyed all of them but agree with the sentiments here that the hbk and warrior episodes were very good.  have my dvr set for the replays of the macho man and roddy piper episodes and the upcoming mick foley and brett hart episodes.  brett hart was my favorite wrestler when i was really young (like 11-12) and foley was obviously a huge part of the attitude era of which i was a massive fan in my teenage years.  i have peacock and started watching wrestlemania 6 after the warrior episode.  to whoever asked, yes, everything is on there.

13 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

You have to watch the ae biography on mick foley. His promos and mind for the buisness is up there with the greats.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was pretty great in my opinion.  He is definitely a different kind of guy compared to any other wrestler I have ever seen as far as the out of the ring stuff.  He is just a smart, good guy looking to make people happy.  I thought it was interesting when talking about being on the road and all the other wrestlers were partying and he is like reading a book in his hotel room or going to a museum or civil war battlefield.  Unfortunately all the damage he did to his body is not going to end well for him and it is pretty hard to watch him moving around now.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Like 1

Between what the dad did and jakes brother countless dwi how either never ended up in jail for life is crazy. Would love to see a episode just about jake talking psychology (in ring , promos) .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk