Tiger King

Kyle

New levels of unbelievable insanity. That Carol Baskin has to be the paragon of evil, insane, vindictive see  you next tuesday. That chick definitely killed her husband and lacks a sense of irony. Not sure I've ever seen such evil actually caught on tape.

7 hours ago, deft said:

I wanted to start this thread a few days ago but drinking happened. The fact it’s all set in oklajoma is perfect.

and Florida.  It's the nexus of meth fueled insanity.  The dude's husband has like 4 teeth and doesn't wear shirts during his interviews.

Edited by kevwun

This show definitely needed it's on thread.  It's waaaaaay too entertaining to be buried on the Netflix thread.  Hey Kitty Kitty, I Saw Tigers, etc.  His music is actually better than most of the Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line bullshit that's out there.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I remember some roided up twat living in my neighborhood off Wm. Cannon that owned a Tiger, wonder if ended up eating him and his silicon injected GF. 

it was probably this guy, he used to train at Ty Allert's old Champion Gym 

https://casetext.com/case/bruner-v-city-of-austin

https://www.statesman.com/article/20140905/NEWS/309059588

• Like 1

New levels of unbelievable insanity. That Carol Baskin has to be the paragon of evil, insane, vindictive see  you next tuesday. That chick definitely killed her husband and lacks a sense of irony. Not sure I've ever seen such evil actually caught on tape.

I said this in the Netflix thread, but I’ve always heard that looking up is a sign of lying and that crazy lady does it every time she says anything about her dead husband. She definitely killed him.

When the best of the bunch is the basis for Tony Montana you’re in full on crazy land.

Damn Ticket played "There's a Tiger" this morning, and I've been humming it all morning.

Carol and Joe deserve each other - not sure I've ever seen two more despicable phony frauds in my life - I think that's the bottom line: there is this weird projection because they realize they're the same person.

A buddy actually took his family to the park maybe five years ago - it was toward the end, and it was about as insane as one might imagine. Me, him, and another friend went to Oklahoma City last year for GNR, and I could not successfully lobby us to visit version 2.0. But doubt it is the same level of greatness without the King. 

Finished the series and it was very entertaining.  His singing/music videos are a lot better than most of the bro-country crap these days and added great comic relief.  Still don't understand all those Okie methheads wearing so many longhorn caps.  I would like to see a documentary on the making of this series, that would be entertaining as well.

Posted this last night in the Netflix thread but thought I was putting it here...

Swear that the activist that was arrested in episode one works at the Mckinney CVS pharmacy...

The one with the kinda slightly malformed face/ear.

My wife and I both said it at the same time when we saw him...

We just watched episode 1 but I’m hooked

8 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

100%. 

Also I would have loved to have seen what was on some of those tapes that he clearly set fire himself to destroy. 

And then continued to be constantly filmed after that. It's so nuts. 

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

I remember some roided up twat living in my neighborhood off Wm. Cannon that owned a Tiger, wonder if ended up eating him and his silicon injected GF. 

Tiger ownership seems to be an externalization/extension of narcissism. Which makes so much sense.  One of the most fascinating things about the show for me has been observing shared behaviors among these captains of industry (and people who want to own Tigers). I listened to the podcast over the holidays, and it couldn't portray that the way the doc is able to. For starters, Baghava(sp?) wasn't featured much, if at all, in the podcast.

I still have one episode to go, but my initial feelings, based on what I heard on the podcast,  is that the doc is actually a tad too sympathetic toward Joe, believe it or not. He's a raging narcissistic fucking monster, and possibly a psychopath. Yet the social media reactions are "Carole Baskin's a killer!"

Wut?

The filmmakers don't do NEAR enough investigating for anyone to be calling Carole a fucking murderer. Jesus. At the very least her info needs to be investigated for corroboration before anyone draws that conclusion. They basically interview people who didn't like her, then cut to suggestive slow motion shots of her walking with a smirk on her face. Was Don flying planes without a license? Had he been in multiple plane crashes? Did he really try to disinherit his own children? What else is there to know about Don, besides the fact that he appeared to be a serial cheater who walked out on his wife and children?  Not exactly a man of high character.

If Carole is telling the truth, Don taking a plunge into the Gulf is more plausible than Carole murdering him and feeding him to her Tigers. I'll hold off on joining the "Trial by Netflix" lynch mob for now.

Edited by CurlyDumps

1 hour ago, lateshow said:

Are we not going to talk about the ingredients of his pizza being expired meat from Wal Mart?

I mean anyone that would order food from that place deserves to have Carol Baskin's husband served to them as pepperoni.

Yeah, the Netflix series leaves out A LOT of the animal abuse Joe committed.

And the producer guy with the black cowboy hat claims Joe burnt his house down, killed his dog, and tried to kill him after he left the zoo.

I really recommend the Wondery podcast to get a bigger picture.

The podcast dives much deeper into what happened to Carole’s husband; the show didn’t do a great job there.

Joe isn’t the one singing in his videos - he stole other singers work. And he faked cancer to gain sympathy and scam people for money.

The show let Joe off the hook - he’s a dangerous piece of crap.

• Like 2