Tiger King

Kyle

I posted this in the netflix thread.

My sister in law's aunt was married to the Tiger King's brother that died. He named the ZOO after him His was a good stand up guy. My brother went to the bother's funereal back in the 90s. After her aunt remarried, Joe the Tiger King told them to fuck off and never spoke to them again. My brother knew none of this happened until he watched this doc. He vaguely remembered some guy on her side of the family having a zoo.

They werent blood relatives to my sister in law thank God

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, the Netflix series leaves out A LOT of the animal abuse Joe committed.

And the producer guy with the black cowboy hat claims Joe burnt his house down, killed his dog, and tried to kill him after he left the zoo.

I really recommend the Wondery podcast to get a bigger picture.

The podcast dives much deeper into what happened to Carole’s husband; the show didn’t do a great job there.

Joe isn’t the one singing in his videos - he stole other singers work. And he faked cancer to gain sympathy and scam people for money.

The show let Joe off the hook - he’s a dangerous piece of crap.

Yeah, I feel really cool since I ahead of a pop culture trend maybe for the first time ever. I listened to the podcast last fall and really liked it. Capt. Obvious, but never seen such a collection of crazy, insane, evil, phony people all in one place. Those psychos deserve each other.

Joe and Carol should just get married so they can make each other miserable 24/7.

I posted this in the netflix thread.

My sister in law's aunt was married to the Tiger King's brother that died. He named the ZOO after him His was a good stand up guy.

On the tour, Mr. Exotic said he created the park because his late brother had always wanted to travel to Africa.

Also talked about "rescue" and "refuge" a lot, but bragged about their liger breeding program.

Nothing made sense.

14 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

I bet you could make a pretty great doc about the other tiger guy with all the wives/girlfriends. Joe’s shit house crazy but that other dude’s no slouch.

As Jeff Lowe said, a big pussy attracts a bunch of hot pussy. Most of his wives were not bad for a guy name Bhavran.

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

On the tour, Mr. Exotic said he created the park because his late brother had always wanted to travel to Africa.

Also talked about "rescue" and "refuge" a lot, but bragged about their liger breeding program.

Nothing made sense.

I don't know. My brother always thought he was a good dude (Tiger King's brother) but then again he had just started dating my sister-in-law when he got killed. It may have been because he died so suddenly and young. 

It turns out he didn't really sing on his albums/music videos.

Also, the podcast is really good too.

No waii!

They’re funny as shit tho

FB-IMG-1585249909244.jpg

Pantera before CFH was actually a hair metal band. Dimebag Darrel (rip brother, I’ll have another black tooth grin tonight maybe) was Diamond Darrel and shit like that.

1 hour ago, Clintonaldo said:

The first thing I said. 

Yeah most definitely he was the one who firebombed that shit. He ended up living in a hell of his own making, he brought most of the shit down on himself.

With as popular as this is, there has to be a Season 2. Where we find out the fallout of the Peta deal. What happens to Doc, and does the Con Man who conned Joe out of his Zoo ever get his comeuppance. Also, most importantly, now that the whole world is wise to Carole's murdered husband, do we finally get some answers there. There were also a lot of stars on that map of big cat places, there is so much more where this saga can go.

Edited by MillerEP

When I see that Baskin whale, I cannot see a soul: https://www.bcrwatch.com/rebuttal-to-carole-baskins-guilty-past.html

A funny commentary on human nature ... they're all freaking psychos, but Baskin and Lowe can talk professionally, so everybody believes them ... Stark, Joe, and the swinger with the hotties all can't separate brain crazy from mouth crazy.

Just confirms that everyone involved in animal issues is a freaking looney-tune.

Edited by Kyle

I watched first 4 episodes last night.  While intriguing for the obvious wide world of sports differences from my average Joe kind of life, I found myself hoping all players involved ended up killing each other.  They all suck and have some mighty self-serving outlooks in life.

They should just call it The Meteor...because that's what I'm hoping for.

18 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yeah, I feel really cool since I ahead of a pop culture trend maybe for the first time ever. I listened to the podcast last fall and really liked it. Capt. Obvious, but never seen such a collection of crazy, insane, evil, phony people all in one place. Those psychos deserve each other.

Joe and Carol should just get married so they can make each other miserable 24/7.

What's the name of the podcast?

25 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

OK.  Just so I'm clear here.   Nutjob rationalizes her place because she doesn't offer petting or breed the cats *Anymore, right?

fiyi...and yes. Her place is TOTALLY different because her place uses free labor to keep them until they die, has worse cages. doesn't breed them together anymore, and only allows you to pay to see the cats, not touch them. Completely different.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

and only allows you to pay to see the cats, not touch them.

I've seen big cats up close once at Siegfried and Roy, like row 2 against the stage close. I have zero fucking desire to touch one. I know my place on the food chain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I've seen big cats up close once at Siegfried and Roy, like row 2 against the stage close. I have zero fucking desire to touch one. I know my place on the food chain.

Yeah I saw Mike the Tiger up close when I was in BR for work one time, and that is one big bad fast bastard 

5 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing they put the podcast behind a paywall now. You have to subscribe to their Wonderly+ to get all the episodes.

I think Wondery lifted the paywall for 30 days or so. I was able to access them last night.

Saw episode one.  Holy shit.  I’ve had a few drinks but I can’t recall a more batshit crazy documentary.  The dude is openly talking about Waco and has a few hundred live tigers and enough ammo to shoot his way through a couple battalions.  

I also don’t know who to hate more.  I mean Tiger Queen is easy to laugh at and he defines all that is douche, but PETA hates him and I’m pretty sure I love everything that PETA hates?  WTF?

• Like 3

Looks like Wondery is re-releasing the “Joe Exotic” podcast on a weekly basis in Tuesdays. Probably to piggyback of the Netflix series.

On Spotify and Apple Podcasts the first two episodes are up plus a bonus episode with a previously unaired interview with Carole Baskin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

I watched 30 minutes and turned it off. Too slow.

You dumb rednecks please give me a reason to turn it on again. I didn't get it. Some dumb okie with a 78 iq. Yea, let's watch the next episode.

Cause the world is going to shit so why not spend your last few days watching a gay, meth head, psycho that ran for president keep hundreds of big cats while others con him all while learning the key to pussy...is just a big pussy...cat! Good lord, it’s not that hard.  

Finished the last episode this morning. Holy shit, what a ride. I think the only sane person in the series was the chick who had her arm eaten by a tiger at Joe's zoo. They could definitely spin off multiple shows from this. The director spent 5 years on this, right? How much footage does he still have?

Gotta imagine that Carole Baskins is both loving all the extra attention/web hits she's getting from this. And also afraid that some Don't F**ck With Cats-type internet sleuths start digging into her husband's death. That guy (Don) seems like quite the character. Multi-millionaire with (maybe) a HS education? His writing & spelling on the restraining order form he filled out was horrific. Married at 17. Sure seemed like he made his money in some shady shit. And I don't think his ex-wife or daughters gave a shit about him. They're just pissed Carole got the lion's share of the money.

Jeff Lawrence is probably the biggest POS in the whole series and that's saying something.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

I watched 30 minutes and turned it off. Too slow.

You dumb rednecks please give me a reason to turn it on again. I didn't get it. Some dumb okie with a 78 iq. Yea, let's watch the next episode.

Oh, OK, Mr. Masterpiece Theater.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1