Tiger King

Kyle

18 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Going scorched Earth on the rest of the industry - an industry apparently consisting almost entirely of ex-felons - while locked up in a fed pen... I’m getting ahead of the game and trademarking #ExoticDidntKillHimself

What if this guy is actually a freaking genius?  He's now popular as fuck.  He's trending all over the place.  Best show to watch during the CV quarantine.  That's what he's always wanted.  And now, that Goldilocks bitch is getting heat from everywhere and is assumed guilty based on this show.  As someone said up thread, she's about to be the focus of Don't F* with cats 2.  Now Tiger king is in jail, he rolls on all his competition, gets a reduced sentence, and goes on to rule the cat petting industry.

Long.  Game.  

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Like 2

Joe' real name... Maldonado-Passage.  Must have skipped over that part of the doc.  Anyway, he's in quarantine (in Fort Worth) after inmates tested positive for Covid.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/joe-exotic-netflix-s-tiger-king-coronavirus-quarantine-his-husband-n1174406

Joseph Maldonado-Passage — better known as Joe Exotic, the subject of Netflix's wildly popular "Tiger King" docuseries — is in self-isolation on a coronavirus quarantine, his husband said in an interview Wednesday.

Speaking to Andy Cohen on SiriusXM, Dillon Passage said Maldonado-Passage, who is serving 22 years in prison in a murder-for-hire scheme, was placed in isolation because inmates at a jail where he'd been held tested positive for the virus.

Maldonado-Passage is now at FMC Fort Worth, a federal medical center in Texas operated by the Bureau of Prisons, records show.

Maldonado-Passage, a former big cat breeder who ran an exotic animal park in Oklahoma, was found guilty last year of attempting to hire someone to kill Carole Baskin, a prominent animal rights activist. He was sentenced in January.

Edited by Hmmm

10 hours ago, tx ind said:

Lulz, in the article linked above they call Carole Baskins an animal rights activist.

My wife, who knew nothing about this and was barely paying attention actually told me to stop it and asked "She's claiming Tigers shouldn't be put in cages and her cages look smaller, and her zoo/park looks more run down than either of the other ones"

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Just finished it. Wow that was entirely insane. 

I got actively pissed anytime they showed Baskin’s current non-murdered husband. “Beta” doesn’t even begin to describe him. Not a man in any sense of the word. 

I said something along those same lines so much during this show that it annoyed my wife.  "Oh yeah.  Here comes the beta bitch..."  I wanted to beat his ass with that bottle of wine at the end.

When the Fed and FBI is involved, there's really no way of knowing who was honestly rolling to save his/her ass and who was just parroting lines fed to them.  The only person that seemed somewhat sympathetic to me was the guy with no legs.  I didn't trust a single word of anyone else that spoke during the series.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

8 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I said something along those same lines so much during this show that it annoyed my wife.  "Oh yeah.  Here comes the beta bitch..."  I wanted to beat his ass with that bottle of wine at the end.

When the Fed and FBI is involved, there's really no way of knowing who was honestly rolling to save his/her ass and who was just parroting lines fed to them.  The only person that seemed somewhat sympathetic to me was the guy with no legs.  I didn't trust a single word of anyone else that spoke during the series.

but even he left his wife and kids after 30 years of marriage!!!

you forgot Saff (lost his arm, back at work 5 days later)

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 4:19 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

i still can’t believe it’s real...then i remember i’m a criminal lawyer and i know it is.

shithouse crazy motherfuckers...the lot of them.

For three years after moving to Austin I dated a girl still in Stillwater.  I probably drove by there a hundred times and it was one of the landmarks I ‘looked forward to’ on that mind-numbing 7 hour drive.  The sign on 35 said something like ‘exotic animal park’ and I always figured it was some guy with an alpaca or some shit...never thought it was a wild insane playground.  I shoulda stopped in back in like 2004.  

14 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Scarface guy seemed like a relatively sane person.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Helobious said:

I got actively pissed anytime they showed Baskin’s current non-murdered husband. “Beta” doesn’t even begin to describe him. Not a man in any sense of the word. 

He’s there to call in markers from Harvard B-school/The U law/Citigroup days. Carole’s a rube; there’s no way she gets in front of congress without someone rainmaking. Howard is an incredibly huge simp personally, but is absolutely vital to Carole keeping up the con. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 11:31 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

According to this CNN story, Carole was pitched by the producers/directors that the documentary was going to be a big cat version of Blackfish, the excellent film that exposed the horrific conditions for orcas at Seaworld.

The documentary was 5 years in the making. That's a long time to be filming & chasing down different story angles. Of course there's a ton of crazy shit going on in TK. If the producers wanted to make a REAL expose of tiger breeding in the US it would have been an entirely different story. Hell, Netflix was barely producing original content when they began filming this (and it began when the director was researching the venomous reptile trade in Florida).

I can see why they took their time & decided to make this an entertainment series more than a documentary series. There's just too much cray cray going on here not to make it a surreal trip vs. a hard news look at the dark side of breeding exotic cats for fun & profit.

The probably started looking at the film the same way that dude from Current Affair looked at it, and pivoted from hey let's make a documentary on Tiger breeding to holy shit, these people are so fucking crazy, we will make a fortune just by showing how bat shit crazy they all are.

The best part, is these people are such attention whores, they will think it's great.

On 4/2/2020 at 3:15 AM, Goo Punch said:

his real name is something that nobody could pronounce so he took in the mamés of two of his lovers. 

He was born Joseph Allen Schreibvogel. When he married his first husband Travis Maldonado, he changed his name to Joseph Allen Maldonado, like any woman does. When he married his second husband Dillon Passage, he changed his names to Jospeh Allen Maldonado-Passage, I’m guessing he kept the Maldonado out of respect for the dead. 

He went by Joe Exotic because no one could pronounce his name 

Just finished. I went into the whole thing expecting it to be mindless entertainment I could laugh at, but overall it was just sad. And skeevy. Saff is the only one who seemed to have his shit together. I can laugh at idiots being crazy and doing dumb stuff but the fact that they were likely abusing those animals on top of everything else is just awful. I hope Jeff and James get their time in court too. 

My wife and I felt the same way. They weren't fun crazy rednecks who did cool stuff. The sex cult group was the only interesting aspect and they barely touched on it. Once it hit me that none of these people had any redeeming qualities and every single one of them would be basking in the negative attention the show would bring, I mostly checked out. Finished it because we were already pot committed, but meh. Exploitative, depressing (both for society and for the tigers they murder), and it's going to put money in the pockets of lots of shitty people.

Wish we had started Babylon Berlin s3 instead.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 8:38 PM, Helobious said:

Yep. She definitely wears the pants in that relationship. She probably pegs him as well.