Tiger King

Kyle

Did anyone else feel awful for Jeff’s wife? I mean she has made her own bed, but one way or another she eventually ends up as single mother with no money. He’s either headed to prison and/or going to leave her. And before any of that he’s using her and the tigers to get better quality women.

She didn’t get much screen time, but she seemed at least somewhat aware of how ridiculous life is.

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

From what they showed, the convicted coke dealer is probably the most reputable person in that business.  

Wife and I said the same thing.

Put him front and center in a show.  I'll watch.

What an awful collection of people. Not a redeeming quality in anyone involved In this massive shit show. 
I don't know, the lady that lost her arm, the guy with no legs, and the Walmart manager turned campaign manager didn't seem completely awful.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I like how the fat guy is billed as "businessman".  And no more than that.  Which is about the shadiest kind of nondescript title possible.

I thought when he was first involved they said he owned bars and scrip clubs, but at the end it looked like he was at some shitty convenience store or something 

21 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I can't imagine how the producer actually pieced together that show in the editing room.

After a few years of footage collected, you could basically steer that boat wherever it wants to go

they worked for 5 years on it IIRC

I’m telling y’all the show actually went easy on Joe.

The podcast has so much more crazy evil shit.

There’s a couple of animal abuse stories I could barely stand to listen to and one of the people in the show ended up with their house being burned down and barely escaping after getting away from Joe.

Dude is evil.

http://www.kten.com/story/36854922/sword-wielding-suspect-jailed-in-pauls-valley

PAULS VALLEY, Okla. -- A Pauls Valley man is behind bars after police said he attacked another man with a sword.

Josh Dial was taken into custody for allegedly cutting Paul Howerton with what appears to be a ceremonial sword that has a blade almost two feet long.

The pair told police they argued, and Dial starting swinging.

Howerton was taken to a hospital with a large cut on his arm.

Dial is charged with aggravated assault and battery.

15423237_G.jpg?auto=webp&disable=upscale

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

http://www.kten.com/story/36854922/sword-wielding-suspect-jailed-in-pauls-valley

PAULS VALLEY, Okla. -- A Pauls Valley man is behind bars after police said he attacked another man with a sword.

Josh Dial was taken into custody for allegedly cutting Paul Howerton with what appears to be a ceremonial sword that has a blade almost two feet long.

The pair told police they argued, and Dial starting swinging.

Howerton was taken to a hospital with a large cut on his arm.

Dial is charged with aggravated assault and battery.

15423237_G.jpg?auto=webp&disable=upscale

Don’t see swords like those at Okla Walmarts very often. Quality use of the manager discount.

When they got to the Don Lewis mysterious death part of the story, I found it odd that the only people (besides his secretary and attorney) that they found to interview for the documentary were his handyman and his mechanic. Kind of lost some credibility when they presented them as credible witnesses. Why would his handyman be able to give an accurate estimate of Lewis’ net worth?

it was somewhat enjoyable to see lunacy at that level ...I'm no PETA guy, but any sentient being knows that the animal abuse going on in those places is off the charts ...all of them should be shot in the back of the head for that or at least put in a cage and poked with a stick repeatedly 

Edited by michaelpshayes
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

it was somewhat enjoyable to see lunacy at that level ...I'm no PETA guy, but any sentient being knows that the animal abuse going on in those places is off the charts ...all of them should be shot in the back of the head for that or at least put in a cage and poked with a stick repeatedly 

That's what sort of made me ragey at Carole. Joe was bad enough, but he was sort of honest about it - he made no bones about exploiting the animals for profit. Carole just wanted to shut everyone down to corner the market on exploitation ... and apparently having the most most pussy is a big deal among these guys (even Joe).

When they got to the Don Lewis mysterious death part of the story, I found it odd that the only people (besides his secretary and attorney) that they found to interview for the documentary were his handyman and his mechanic. Kind of lost some credibility when they presented them as credible witnesses. Why would his handyman be able to give an accurate estimate of Lewis’ net worth?

Come on man, it’s Florida. In the pantheon of credibility of civil witnesses there, mechanics and handymen take a backseat only to titty dancers and landscapers.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What % of wills specifically mention "in the event of my disappearance "? 

To me that seemed incredibly incriminating 

Lawyer: ok sign here

Carol: Does it cover me getting paid if he...I don't know...maybe disappears one day? 

Lawyer: well no, not specifically..

Carol: let's put that in there.  You know,  just in case...😉

Edited by Dennis Taylor

10 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I shouldn’t be sharing my financial statements with my lawn guy?  Doesn’t everyone do that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

What % of wills specifically mention "in the event of my disappearance "? 

To me that seemed incredibly incriminating 

Lawyer: ok sign here

Carol: Does it cover me getting paid if he...I don't know...maybe disappears one day? 

Lawyer: well no, not specifically..

Carol: let's put that in there.  You know,  just in case...😉

I've never seen such a reference to "disappearance" in any document like that.  It was so odd it was what jumped out to me even before they highlighted it.  That alone should have made her the prime suspect.

I've never seen such a reference to "disappearance" in any document like that.  It was so odd it was what jumped out to me even before they highlighted it.  That alone should have made her the prime suspect.

I think it’s obvious she changed the will illegally post disappearance. However she could have changed it just to access money more quickly, doesn’t necessarily mean she killed him.