Tiger King

Kyle

Spoiler

Jeff, the "hitman" and jet ski guy were the smartest of the group, or at least they listened to good advice. When the federal govt is after you, it's highly likely they are going to convict you.You need to find a way to get on the govt side ASAP. Jeff seemed scared when he found out the operations were being investigated and the feds hadn't spoken to him yet. That sounds like you're close to the 6am banging on the front door. Smart of him to seek out a conversation.

I get that Carole and crew went after Joe's business of going to malls for petting/photo with tiger cubs, but he seemingly had a good thing going for him in OK. Why he failed to stop using their trademarks is beyond me. Of course he did that only to fuck with her. He treated these business relationships like kids running lemonade stands not multi-million dollar business that people are dependent on for a living.

Finally I have no idea if he actually hired that guy to kill Carole or not, but I do think it wouldn't have been tough to convince him to do it. If you hang around enough shady characters and constantly talk about wanting someone dead, I imagine one of them will eventually agree to it.

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
  Hide contents

Jeff, the "hitman" and jet ski guy were the smartest of the group, or at least they listened to good advice. When the federal govt is after you, it's highly likely they are going to convict you.You need to find a way to get on the govt side ASAP. Jeff seemed scared when he found out the operations were being investigated and the feds hadn't spoken to him yet. That sounds like you're close to the 6am banging on the front door. Smart of him to seek out a conversation.

I get that Carole and crew went after Joe's business of going to malls for petting/photo with tiger cubs, but he seemingly had a good thing going for him in OK. Why he failed to stop using their trademarks is beyond me. Of course he did that only to fuck with her. He treated these business relationships like kids running lemonade stands not multi-million dollar business that people are dependent on for a living.

Finally I have no idea if he actually hired that guy to kill Carole or not, but I do think it wouldn't have been tough to convince him to do it. If you hang around enough shady characters and constantly talk about wanting someone dead, I imagine one of them will eventually agree to it.

I was amazed at how quick to snitching the three most “criminal” dudes in the show were. Really highlights the difference between fraudsters like them and actual tough criminals.

19 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

That was the best line of a lot of series with the delivery and all. It caught me off guard and I about choked.

Yeah, it was his delivery of the line that just nailed it and the way it came out of nowhere. Just thinking about cracks me up.

finally finished this last night.

there were a lot of horrifying animal abuse mentions/incidents throughout, but when they showed the two gorillas who were caged next to each other, then said once they were put in the same park, they shared a long embrace, that was heart-breaking.  got a little dusty in here.

• Like 2

If you’re looking for another train wreck, search youtube for Jeremy Dewitte. He’s basically Florida’s funeral procession king.  He dresses like a cop and presumably acts like one.  But he’s not.  He talks a big game until the real police show up. Spoiler alert: one of the videos has a cop state that dewitte is a sex offender and he’s up on impersonation charges now.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If you’re looking for another train wreck, search youtube for Jeremy Dewitte. He’s basically Florida’s funeral procession king.  He dresses like a cop and presumably acts like one.  But he’s not.  He talks a big game until the real police show up. Spoiler alert: one of the videos has a cop state that dewitte is a sex offender and he’s up on impersonation charges now.

It's really weird that you posted those. I went down the fake cop rabbit hole Saturday night and watched those. That guy is nuts. Found another one that may have been worse, but he got stopped on his first try.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you watch all the interviews on Netflix and elsewhere, the common viewpoint is that they all think Joe deserves to be in jail.  He's more heinous than the shows portrayal, which was more goofy than malicious.

Reinke was the only person close to being sympathetic.  Saff didn't find him evil, but she admits justice was served.

• Like 1

I watched the series, but can't get all wound up about follow-up episodes or anything else to do with this thing.  Most of the people struck me as functionally retarded at best, and I came away feeling more sorry for all of them than anything else.  I certainly was not entertained.

And I'm sick of "from-out-of-nowhere" Carole Baskin jokes.  

"I had a flat tire at lunch...picked up a roofing nail somewhere."

"That nail did to your tire what Carole Baskin did to her ex-husband.'  Shut the fuck up.

Edited by Gooby

34 minutes ago, Gooby said:

I watched the series, but can't get all wound up about follow-up episodes or anything else to do with this thing.  Most of the people struck me as functionally retarded at best, and I came away feeling more sorry for all of them than anything else.  I certainly was not entertained.

"That nail did to your tire what Carole Baskin did to her ex-husband.'  Shut the fuck up.

She may not want to invite more scrutiny but I imagine she has some potential lawsuits if someone of value is publicly continuing to accuse her of murder.

1 hour ago, Gooby said:

Gooby, pls. 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

giphy.gif

On 4/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thanks I went down a youtube rabbit hole of his videos. What a fucking idiot. 

I really wish the time he got arrested in Chicago the cops on the scene would have realized he wasn't a cop. Those guys would have given him so much more shit. 

Also watching those videos gave me a greater appreciation for police officers, the amount of MORONS they have to deal with on a daily basis has to be mind blowing I wouldn't have the patience for it. 

• 3 weeks later...

So Joe/Jeff/whoever loses the shithole zoo to Carole, but they already built a new one that is apparently safe from Carole (because Jeff found the money for it).

And then Carole is found to have forged her ex's signature, which opens the door to his kids running a train on her.

What if she loses her preserve/whatever to her ex's kids, but then she gets Joe's.  So she has to move to Oklahoma.

Talk about how things balance out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...