Tiger King

Kyle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

1234.  Joe was nutty, and surrounded by sad sacks and weirdos, but they all knew who and what they were.

That Antle guy, he had a full-blown cult.

I’m not sure Joe was any better. Maybe just a smaller following. The way I watched and have read about it, he used drugs and manipulation to hook a kid and make him marry him

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The reasons for visiting just keep dropping.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/20/us/tiger-king-park-cats-federal-seizure/index.html

Nearly 70 big cats have been seized from an Oklahoma animal park owned by Jeff Lowe and his wife, Lauren, who were featured in the Netflix documentary, "Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness," a news release from the Department of Justice said Thursday. 

A total of 68 protected lions, tigers, lion-tiger hybrids and a jaguar were seized from the Thackerville zoo as part of a search and seizure warrant for ongoing violations of the Endangered Species Act, according to the release. 

The release said the seizure of the animals comes after the US Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service conducted three inspections of the Tiger King Park starting in mid-December 2020.

The Lowes received several citations including "failing to provide the animals with adequate or timely veterinary care, appropriate nutrition, and shelter that protects them from inclement weather and is of sufficient size to allow them to engage in normal behavior," the release said.

An affidavit in the case said that "USDA veterinarians observed that the conditions at Tiger King Park had declined since the February 2021 inspection." 

"There is probable cause to believe that the animals are not consistently being provided a sufficient quantity of food free from contamination," the affidavit said, adding that there were piles of rotting animals and a refrigerated truck "covered in flies, likely filled with putrid meat." 

The affidavit also states that as the federal authorities have been working with the Lowes, the couple agreed they "would not dispose of any animals covered by the Endangered Species Act (ESA) or Animal Welfare Act (AWA) pending resolution of the merits of the United States' claims." 

However, the Lowes then moved four tiger cubs the day after the agreement was made, according to the affidavit. 

The affidavit said the Lowes have also threatened and harassed law enforcement during the investigation, with Lauren Lowe telling one agent, "I'm gonna kill him," in reference to another during the execution of a search warrant. 

It also alleges the Lowes "significantly obstructed the service of the warrant" when the feds initially tried to execute it, allowing for only six cats to be removed as of May 12, the day the affidavit seeking another warrant was written.

So the wife was threatening to kill a law enforcement officer.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The reasons for visiting just keep dropping.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/20/us/tiger-king-park-cats-federal-seizure/index.html

So the wife was threatening to kill a law enforcement officer.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

those guys were somehow more oil-y than Joe Exotic. Of course those morons threatened to kill a law enforcement officer and thought it was ok to obstruct the search warrant lol

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Joseph Maldonado-Passage, known as Joe Exotic on the 2020 Netflix docuseries "Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness," will be resentenced, according to a court opinion filed Wednesday.

The US 10th Circuit Court of Appeals vacated Maldonado-Passage's 264-month prison sentence, which was handed down last year for the murder-for-hire plots involving animal rights activist Carole Baskin as well as multiple wildlife violations.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/14/us/joe-exotic-tiger-king-resentencing/index.html

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/us/joe-exotic-tiger-king-prostate-cancer/

Joseph Maldonado, known as Joe Exotic on the 2020 Netflix docuseries "Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness," has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer, according to a letter written by Maldonado. 

"It is with a sad face that I have to tell you the doctors called me in today to break the news that my prostate biopsy came back with an aggressive cancer. I am still waiting on the results from other test as well," he wrote in a letter provided to CNN by his attorney John M. Phillips.

"Right now, I don't want anyone's pity," he added.

Maldonado has been undergoing medical treatment and tests for a host of issues, according to his attorney. 

"The PSA test is a blood test used primarily to screen for prostate cancer. It was high. He finally obtained biopsies. They revealed cancer. Medical care is different in a prison environment and fewer options are available," Phillips said. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Please let it be Longhorn Monkey!

Haven't gotten far enough to make that determination.

I think Joe Exotic got cancer from all of these people making a bunch of money and signing autographs everywhere while he's in prison.

I was on the fence, but James Garretson even referred to himself as a real-life Chuckie Doll or whatever, so I kind of want to watch and see how far these people take this shit.  They are all dripping in self-awareness and don't hide just how much Joe Exotic contributed to their bank accounts directly or indirectly.  So far, the ones I've seen, all seem proud of everything.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Season Two is the follow up that sucks but they made a shit ton of money off the first so let’s make another one and what’s in it doesn’t matter.

Season Two just reinforces the stereotypes of North Texas and Oklahoma.  North Texas/Oklahoma gay country scene was lit in the 80s.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Oh fuck, the Joe Exotic supporters/lawyers looking for a pardon flew to D.C. on Jan. 5/6 on a private jet with Joe's face plastered on the side.  They were there at the big rally and had a large banner out (but were getting harassed) at the rally and left right before shit went down at the Capitol.

Also, multiple appearances of UT apparel. 

Also they are going hard on what happened to That Bitch Carole Baskins' ex-husband.

Edited by atomheartbevo

I enjoyed the first season for what it was, especially considering the time it came out, but this one is a rudderless mess. Everybody that’s in this now is becoming an even bigger caricature of their already weird selves so they can take advantage of their 15 minutes of fame. The first one was a perfect storm of nuttiness and timing. This one seems like they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel to put something together.

Also, side note, I cannot stand these self-proclaimed sleuths like the Ripper guy that was in the episode about that bitch Carol Baskin’s dead husband. Those self-aggrandizing fucks think they’re smarter than they actually are.

41 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I didn’t think they would have much craziness in this season, nope these people are just crazy.  The new guy from Indiana is actually crazier than the rest I think.  How Jeff Lowe is still out scamming people and walking free is nuts.  

All of these people are basically carnies on some level, and I mean the really cheap-ass carnivals that go through small towns and occasional mall parking lots.  They should have hit their ceiling at these various little animal operations/zoos/whatever the fuck you want to call them.  You might have some kind of little story pop up in local news, maybe PETA bitching about something, but it'd be a few paragraphs, and you would not know any of the people outside of the owners of these operations.

But the TV series comes along and they all level up like a fucking video game.

It's pretty amazing.

• Like 1