Covid 19 Restaurant Deals - Austin

gsoda3

Let's support these entrepreneurs trying to stay afloat.  Some of them are just trying to pay employees.  

Korea House

spacer.png

Korea House presents Quarantine Family Feast Kit💝 4-6 people portion with a promo price of $50+tax (original price: $66 before tax)
It includes: (photo from the top left)
• pork bulgogi
• samgyupsal(pork belly) kimchi
• galbitang
• japchae
• 2 qt of rice and 6 banchan
• ssam set with 6 mandu

from their facebook page

• Like 4

Dream Bakery, 2013 Wells Branch Parkway #109 •, Austin, TX 78728

spacer.png

The menu changes on a daily basis (this is yesterday's menu but it's the same for today).  They don't list it here but they also have flour for sale.  5 pound bags for $2.95 each. 

Available via curbside pickup until 6:00. Text your phone number to 512-769-9204 to order.

• Like 1

Gus's

spacer.png

In an effort to create some comfort during such an unsettling time, we have put together a meal with the most comforting food we know – Gus’s Fried Chicken. For the special price of $28 (plus tax), we will provide 8 pieces of our bone-in chicken, 6 tenders with 2 sauces, a large macaroni and cheese, and a large coleslaw. Call us at (512) 474-4877 and we will prepare your meal and have it ready for you when you arrive. This package should feed a family of 4 to 5. Stay safe friends.

Gus's facebook page

• Like 3

Perry's Steakhouse

spacer.png

Perry's Grocery Packs are available while supplies last at ALL Perry's Steakhouse locations for $62 (NO tax, NO handling fee). Call your nearest Perry's to reserve for curbside pick-up!

Two 6-oz. Filet Mignons
Two Chicken Breasts
One Dozen Eggs
2 Strips Bacon, to cook or wrap filet
Red Potatoes
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Roma Tomatoes
Onion
Corn on the Cob
Two Loaves of Homemade Bread
1/2 pound Butter
Steak Seasoning
Salt & Pepper
Perry’s Signature Steak Butter
Gallon of Milk

• Like 2

Perry's Steakhouse

spacer.png

BIG NEWS! Pork Chop Friday Lunch is now on WEDNESDAY, too—only $16! Available for Curbside Pick-Up from 11 am to 5 pm Wednesdays AND Fridays, enjoy our famous lunch-cut pork chop, whipped potatoes and homemade applesauce for $16 TO GO. Add an individual side for $5. Tax + 15% handling fee for food-to-go purchases. NO GRATUITY NECESSARY. Perry’s is compensating our team.

It’s a flashback to our butcher shop beginnings when our first Wednesday lunch special began decades ago and then moved to Fridays due to popular demand! During these challenging times, we want to share more Pork Chop Friday Lunch Love and bring it back on Wednesdays too! Call your Perry’s to pre-order your Pork Chop Wednesday (or Friday!) Lunch today.
https://perryssteakhouse.com/specials/perrys-curbside-to-go/

• Like 3

Serrano's      https://www.serranos.com/

Family owned and operated and staunch supporters of the University since forever...

15% discount if you use coupon code: curbside15

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mchookem said:

damn that Perry's deal is awesome lol

also probably a good place to repost this for anybody worried about safety of takeout

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/03/food-safety-and-coronavirus-a-comprehensive-guide.html#covid-on-food

i found this video helpful also.  he's an MD going over the latest CDC guidelines in a practical way for when you bring groceries or takeout into the home.  i started at the 4:44 mark. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

@blacklab Hey man thought of you when i saw the website above.  Restaurants new leads for help with their new need for customers to buy online?   At least they are thingking about right now. 

Ha, yeah, already helped one surly member with his wife's catering business, if you know anyone send them my way.

• Like 1

for those of you in the Crestview area, Ive got to give a shout out to a solid Mexican food place-  and its not Echiladas ya Mas.... but they are about 4 blocks further west of them on Anderson Ln.    1519 W Anderson Ln Austin, TX 78757 

really solid mexican.  all day food menu, but they have a daily breakfast taco special of  3 tacos for $2.97    (all 3 have to have the same 2 ingredients,  e.g. Bacon & Egg,  Bean & Cheese, etc).  +$0.50 more per extra ingredient. They have a take out window set up and all kinds of parking avail.

Been going here for about 4 years now, my Saturday morning standard is 3 Chorizo & Egg corn tacos to go.    But I just had a major stomach grumble for chicken tacos today and did a lunch pickup for $8 + tax and gave a $3.50 tip.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

really solid mexican.  all day food menu, but they have a daily breakfast taco special of  3 tacos for $2.97    (all 3 have to have the same 2 ingredients,  e.g. Bacon & Egg,  Bean & Cheese, etc).  +$0.50 more per extra ingredient. They have a take out window set up and all kinds of parking avail.

One of my faves.  Have they always had that breakfast taco special or is that new?

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

One of my faves.  Have they always had that breakfast taco special or is that new?

they have had it for at least 3 years.  My neighbor clued me into the deal around then. 

Its on the bottom of their menu on the webpage, and I remember it being advertised on a sign out front a few months ago. 

and about every other saturday I call in a pick up order. 

don't know if it's a 'deal'...but La Mancha on Hancock has $60 gallon house margs. and they are legit 😎

also, Taco Deli added dinner hours...i hope that's a good sign!

and another rec for La Casita as we call it. one of 3 places with the green crack sauce (others being Dona at TD and El Reggio Pollo... which, does anybody know if it's open? 🤔)

Edited by mchookem

Everyone has their favorite "I hope that place doesn't close for good" neighborhood joints.  Mine is épicerie, a fantastic, cozy and casual French bistro off Hancock and North Loop.  We ate there at least once or twice a month when we moved Rosedale four years ago, and my new house off Burnet is within walking distance.  They know me, and know what my kids order.   

So I'm plugging their pandemic menu.  Burger & frites for $15 and a roasted chicken meal for 4 for $50.  20% off beer and wine, and they have a pretty great beer selection. I may get the "epic survival kit" for $150.  I'm not sure I'll need everything in there, but if I'm going to support local restaurants in the hopes of keeping them afloat, this is one of them for me.

http://epicerieaustin.com/menu/

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Tony C's has family of four meals for $40.  Salad, garlic knots, and pasta meal.  They have a location north on Parmer and one in Westlake.

I wish.  Hill Country Galleria isn't really Westlake.  We really like their pizza and calzones - real deal coal fired pizza oven.  Was bummed when the Frost Gelato next door to it went under because that was an awesome dinner-then-dessert combo.  They are opening one up a Tony C's Anderson Lane (or were planning to anyway before this hit - hope they still do bc its close to my gf's place).

*this is a great thread, btw

• Like 1

DeSano's Pizza on Burnet Rd and their smaller store downtown next to Bob's makes really delicious pizza, is locally owned franchise, and that family is dealing with far more than this COVID-19 situation right now.  It's not my place to pass on any family news but they are going through a terrible time right now with or without this crisis.  I'm going to buy a few DeSano's pizzas today and deliver them to several families around town and I encourage anyone who loves good pizza to buy from there as well and support some good people.

Edited by Your Mom
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

DeSano's Pizza on Burnet Rd and their smaller store downtown next to Bob's makes really delicious pizza, is locally owned franchise, and that family is dealing with far more than this COVID-19 situation right now.  It's not my place to pass on any family news but they are going through a terrible time right now with or without this crisis.  I'm going to buy a few DeSano's pizzas today and deliver them to several families around town and I encourage anyone who loves good pizza to buy from there as well and support some good people.

DeSano’s is great, and we order from there regularly.  Get the meatballs as an appetizer — they are awesome

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Place is delicious. Best pizza in town, only Via 313 can compete, IMO. Been trying to avoid ordering out but forgot to thaw out the meat for the chili I was planning on making, so actually ordered last night. Excellent as always. Will make a point to include them on the pandemic takeout shortlist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Place is delicious. Best pizza in town, only Via 313 can compete, IMO. 

Backspace is up there, and they're doing curbside, with half off for hospitality workers.  A week or so ago it looked like they were pushing a limited menu, but now they just say order to-go off the website.  Their margherita pizza, which is the standard by which I judge all pizza joints, kicks all kinds of ass.

Backspace

12 minutes ago, APMP said:

I am jonesing for Enchiladas, and EyM is closed.

I saw the rec above for Casita Guanajuata. Any other recommendations?

Dart Bowl Cafe' is the closest-tasting to EyM's enchiladas that's anywhere nearby.  Not sure if the cafe' is open for pickup or not, right now.  You could call.

7 hours ago, utee94 said:

Dart Bowl Cafe' is the closest-tasting to EyM's enchiladas that's anywhere nearby.  Not sure if the cafe' is open for pickup or not, right now.  You could call.

Dart Bowl shut down completely. 

23 hours ago, South Austin said:

Everyone has their favorite "I hope that place doesn't close for good" neighborhood joints.  Mine is épicerie, a fantastic, cozy and casual French bistro off Hancock and North Loop.  We ate there at least once or twice a month when we moved Rosedale four years ago, and my new house off Burnet is within walking distance.  They know me, and know what my kids order.   

So I'm plugging their pandemic menu.  Burger & frites for $15 and a roasted chicken meal for 4 for $50.  20% off beer and wine, and they have a pretty great beer selection. I may get the "epic survival kit" for $150.  I'm not sure I'll need everything in there, but if I'm going to support local restaurants in the hopes of keeping them afloat, this is one of them for me.

Same. I will say that objectively, that burger is outrageously good. 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:47 AM, South Austin said:

i almost cried when they took the raclette off the menu

A good while back on the old board, I made a post about piri piri chicken in Austin. My prayers were answered in the form of Tio Pepe, located in Lincoln Village at 290 and 35 (I refuse to call it whatever they're calling it now). It's a local restaurant, with outstanding reviews, and truly terrific food. He's cut back a lot on staffing, and could really use the patronage.

If you're looking for an extremely flavorful, healthy option, I can't recommend it enough.

https://www.tiopepechicken.com/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

A good while back on the old board, I made a post about piri piri chicken in Austin. My prayers were answered in the form of Tio Pepe, located in Lincoln Village at 290 and 35 (I refuse to call it whatever they're calling it now). It's a local restaurant, with outstanding reviews, and truly terrific food. He's cut back a lot on staffing, and could really use the patronage.

If you're looking for an extremely flavorful, healthy option, I can't recommend it enough.

https://www.tiopepechicken.com/

Website is down, hope thats not a bad sign.

8 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Saccone's Pizza was selling pizza making kits the other day.  Though, I opted for a couple fully prepared pizzas and a damn good cannoli.  

Oh, hell yeah.  We like to make our own pizza but I get the dough from Brick Oven on Jollyville.  It's not great dough.  I'll do Saccone's every day of the week.