College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh yes, I'm so offended.  You'll still be able to sit on Santa's lap.  Relax. 

Well you quoted and posted so you got butthurt. It’s ok. It wasn’t a shot at you. It was a shot at the media who basically ignored covid for a month and change during the rioting and looting and once that went away. Fired the hype train back up.  Maybe you can go back to the CR where folks will be more gentle with you.   Again I’m sorry you took offense on the net. You’re a professional. You’re better than this 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Well you quoted and posted so you got butthurt. It’s ok. It wasn’t a shot at you. It was a shot at the media who basically ignored covid for a month and change during the rioting and looting and once that went away. Fired the hype train back up.  Maybe you can go back to the CR where folks will be more gentle with you.   Again I’m sorry you took offense on the net. You’re a professional. You’re better than this 

Shit.

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I'm actually happy you haven't seen me blow up and get butthurt.  Because it's happened around here and I wish I looked as calm as I did replying to you.  I guess replying to someone means they're butthurt?  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20% of adults polled by the AP would refuse to get a Covid vaccine as soon as one is available. With stupidity like this rampant in America, no wonder we are seeing a spike in cases now.
Glad to hear it, less likely to be out of stock when i go get mine..
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, ousux said:
20 hours ago, HtownHorn said:
20% of adults polled by the AP would refuse to get a Covid vaccine as soon as one is available. With stupidity like this rampant in America, no wonder we are seeing a spike in cases now.

Glad to hear it, less likely to be out of stock when i go get mine..

Honest question, you really want to rush out and get a vaccine that has been rushed that could have any number of negative side effects, in order to get vaccinated for a disease there is a virtual guarantee you would survive if you were to get it? (A disease you probably already have had) I find that to be strange thinking. I will get one once I see the vaccine is safe. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

And you don't? 

Believe it or not, we are a very, very stupid species.  We have advanced through the ages despite ourselves.

Why in the hell would anyone ever question that in any way?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Honest question, you really want to rush out and get a vaccine that has been rushed that could have any number of negative side effects, in order to get vaccinated for a disease there is a virtual guarantee you would survive if you were to get it? (A disease you probably already have had) I find that to be strange thinking. I will get one once I see the vaccine is safe. 

Honest question for you, how are you going to define that the vaccine is safe (for you) or not? You know that somebody is going to say "My joints now hurt, my hearing isn't as good, I used to like coffee" or some anecdotal thing that may or may not be related, but will be carried with great fanfare by some form of media that has an agenda. 

I am pondering the answer for myself and my family. The actual delima is one of timing, Wait long enough for proof on the vaccine and you will likely end up with the disease and it's possible harms.

16 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Honest question for you, how are you going to define that the vaccine is safe (for you) or not? You know that somebody is going to say "My joints now hurt, my hearing isn't as good, I used to like coffee" or some anecdotal thing that may or may not be related, but will be carried with great fanfare by some form of media that has an agenda. 

I am pondering the answer for myself and my family. The actual delima is one of timing, Wait long enough for proof on the vaccine and you will likely end up with the disease and it's possible harms.

We don't have to make this decision right now. But I would say [politics warning!] if a vaccine pops up just before a major election, and it's being touted by the incumbent regime that has already tried to push multiple unsafe remedies on us, I have no problem waiting it out a few months trying to stay safe until an internationally approved version arrives.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

With these teams working out during July and August I’m guessing we will have at least one death on one of these teams before the season even starts?  If not and we make it through the summer what is so different about playing a season with no fans?   Why are we so outraged by the thought of how dangerous a season will be but no one seems to be raising hell that these guys are working out all summer?   It is also comical the thinking that these players will be less likely to contract Covid if there is no season.  Typical 20 year olds will think they are invisible and be out partying, etc even if football is canceled so they won’t be any safer but it just can’t be blamed on the university I guess.  

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

And you don't? 

Believe it or not, we are a very, very stupid species.  We have advanced through the ages despite ourselves.

Oh I am very aware of the ignorance that reigns supreme within the human species.  A lot of it is reflected on this board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I am reasonably sure that this cannot be repeated often enough. And more to the point, what intelligence we do possess, we usually ignore. I have always held the belief that most people's political, philosophical, theological, and dietary opinions are 99% emotion and 1% pure chance, with reason and logic being nothing but window dressing. I include myself in that number, by the way, because I may be a stupid human, and I am definitely crazy, but I'm not a narcissist. We are one fucked up rock, twirling around a hydrogen bomb in the outer reaches of the Milky Way.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Shhhhh you all are stupid.  

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

No worries. Plenty of us will test it for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a decent chance you have already had the virus. This virus has very likely been around the world much longer than anyone initially believed. And if you haven’t had it yet, you most certainly will be exposed to it before the vaccine becomes widely distributed. There was a recent study released that showed this might have been in Spain back in March...of 2019.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-spain-science/coronavirus-traces-found-in-march-2019-sewage-sample-spanish-study-shows-idUSKBN23X2HQ

1 minute ago, Sejjr said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a decent chance you have already had the virus. This virus has very likely been around the world much longer than anyone initially believed. And if you haven’t had it yet, you most certainly will be exposed to it before the vaccine becomes widely distributed. There was a recent study released that showed this might have been in Spain back in March...of 2019.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-spain-science/coronavirus-traces-found-in-march-2019-sewage-sample-spanish-study-shows-idUSKBN23X2HQ

From the article:

The research has been submitted for a peer review.

Dr Joan Ramon Villalbi of the Spanish Society for Public Health and Sanitary Administration told Reuters it was still early to draw definitive conclusions.

“When it’s just one result, you always want more data, more studies, more samples to confirm it and rule out a laboratory error or a methodological problem,” he said.

There was the potential for a false positive due to the virus’ similarities with other respiratory infections.

43 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

From the article:

The research has been submitted for a peer review.

Dr Joan Ramon Villalbi of the Spanish Society for Public Health and Sanitary Administration told Reuters it was still early to draw definitive conclusions.

“When it’s just one result, you always want more data, more studies, more samples to confirm it and rule out a laboratory error or a methodological problem,” he said.

There was the potential for a false positive due to the virus’ similarities with other respiratory infections.

Of course it could be a false positive. Just like everything else in this fucking shit show.

19 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Of course it could be a false positive. Just like everything else in this fucking shit show.

Well, it's not a Disney movie. Welcome to real life, we will learn more with every passing day, and some of that will mean we were wrong about what we thought about it before.

5 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Honest question for you: Where is your support for your dumbass 99.9% assertion???

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

An opinion piece from the NY Post. Lol. 

Here is what the author is most famous for:

Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence is a 2019 book by Alex Berenson, denounced as alarmist and inaccurate by many in the scientific and medical communities because of his claims that cannabis use causespsychosis and violence. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence is a 2019 book by Alex Berenson, denounced as alarmist and inaccurate by many in the scientific and medical communities because of his claims that cannabis use causespsychosis and violence. 

Lol.  What a dumbass.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Honestly, that was just the first article I came across on a quick google search. There are plenty more out there. The 99.9% survival figure for 50 and under has been out there for a long time

40 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Honestly, that was just the first article I came across on a quick google search. There are plenty more out there. The 99.9% survival figure for 50 and under has been out there for a long time

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Got one that isn't the personal opinion of a dumbass?  Take your time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Flat earth theories have been out there for a long time also.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So you just admitted that you are choosing to believe what you WANT to believe, not anything with any science behind it.  Got it.

I think we're done here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

Same place  he learned that dilemma is spelled delima. @927 E. 41st

Yes I screwed up my spelling, but you screwed up who you were talking about. I'm not the one who said 99.9, I was the one questioning when you think a vaccine is okay. So which one of us screwed up worse?

Edited by 927 E. 41st

51 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Yes I screwed up my spelling, but you screwed up who you were talking about. I'm not the one who said 99.9, I was the one questioning when you think a vaccine is okay. So which one of us screwed up worse?

Yu 

Edited by Irieguy
  • Like 2