College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

That's not at all what your post suggested.  And still disagree even if I take your word on that since the expansion is scheduled to be open NEXT year and we have every reason to expect things will be largely back to normal by then.
Relax Mr. Del Conte.

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I hope so.

Producing 300 million vaccines just for Americans will take a while.

Yeah, no shit.  However, spread of the disease will slow way the hell down long before 300 million.  And I expect that a year from now pretty much everybody willing to get the vaccine will have done so.

The same dipshits walking around without masks today will hold out.  Maybe then we can really thin the heard more effectively.

We all hope so, but I don't think it's wise to expect so. The link within the article mentions a high adverse reaction rate. It could be they don't have the dosage "dialed in". Right now they are doing a two dose routine. Could be that this isn't the one. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

We all hope so, but I don't think it's wise to expect so. The link within the article mentions a high adverse reaction rate. It could be they don't have the dosage "dialed in". Right now they are doing a two dose routine. Could be that this isn't the one. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Is the adverse reaction be as bad as the Shingles vaccine? I was knocked down for two days with bad flu symptoms.

30 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I just looked Global deaths now exceed  601,000.

With an *

One of the standard anti-masker talking points is that the death rate is all made up. That anyone who has died for any reason is classified so that the hospitals can make more money and so that the progressives can sow fear and reap the reward of unlimited control over everyone in the world. Everyone has an anecdote, on both sides, of a death, or several, being wrongfully excluded or included. 
It’s impossible to have a conversation about this. People on both sides won’t accept any basic facts cited by the other. Without a common accepted basis of truth, you can’t proceed with mutually acceptable compromises and policy. That truth no longer exists. People on both sides will not accept what the other cites as truth. 

6 minutes ago, nnm said:

With an *

One of the standard anti-masker talking points is that the death rate is all made up. That anyone who has died for any reason is classified so that the hospitals can make more money and so that the progressives can sow fear and reap the reward of unlimited control over everyone in the world. Everyone has an anecdote, on both sides, of a death, or several, being wrongfully excluded or included. 
It’s impossible to have a conversation about this. People on both sides won’t accept any basic facts cited by the other. Without a common accepted basis of truth, you can’t proceed with mutually acceptable compromises and policy. That truth no longer exists. People on both sides will not accept what the other cites as truth. 

Absolutely true.  Will be very telling at the end of the year if we see a significant uptick of total deaths for the year in the us.  Until then, the noise is too great to see the actual trend.  

1 hour ago, Knighthawk said:

Absolutely true.  Will be very telling at the end of the year if we see a significant uptick of total deaths for the year in the us.  Until then, the noise is too great to see the actual trend.  

Also, China's numbers are absolute fabrication in terms of underreporting.  Probably by at least a factor of 10x.

• Like 4

I just looked Global deaths now exceed  601,000.
I was told there were 120 million deaths in the US alone..

By someone who denies any sort of cognitive decline, so it must be true, lol. On the bright side, less vaccine doses to worry about with a 3rd of the population already wiped out.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

52 minutes ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

If that was the case, there would only have been about 6 posts since May 25th.

Yeah, I can't wait until there are post complaining about a scheme or series of actual football plays. It may be months or even years in the future but I hope to (live) to see it.

7 hours ago, ousux said:

I was told there were 120 million deaths in the US alone..

By someone who denies any sort of cognitive decline, so it must be true, lol. On the bright side, less vaccine doses to worry about with a 3rd of the population already wiped out.

Ya, he's definitely got some cognitive issues. Of course, he immediately corrected himself and is overall an order of magnitude more mentally with it than his opponent, who says things on a weekly basis that even his semi-literate worshipers know is stupid. 

By the way, wrong forum. So now take it elsewhere. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Yeah, I can't wait until there are post complaining about a scheme or series of actual football plays. It may be months or even years in the future but I hope to (live) to see it.

I'm looking forward to the slow developing play called "COVID-19" that relies on both misdirection and brute force. It's sure to confuse the defense. I just wish I knew how the hell it worked.

Meanwhile, yes, there is a cloak room forum for political opinions. However, it is worth noting that sometimes, whether intentionally or not, posters do manage to come up with a political opinion so obviously asinine that it's okay to make fun of it anywhere. That is how this forum has survived the last six months, after all.

15 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

Similarly, it will be very telling if the all-cause death total at the end of the year looks pretty much the same as any other year. I think no matter where you stand on the COVID position, we can all agree that the noise is fucking deafening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Meaning 30-40 million Americans will say "no thanks" or "hell no" to a COVID vaccine?

On the surface of it I really don't mind if they do, unfortunately in their conspiracy driven "I know more than the Dr.'s and the evil pharmaceutical companies" fervor they get people hurt and killed. 

Edited by 927 E. 41st
screwed by autocorrect

21 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

On the surface of it I really don't mind if they do, unfortunately in their conspiracy driven "I know more than the Dr.'s and the evil pharmaceutical companies" fervor they get people hurt and killed. 

it wouldn't be the first time the doctors and pharmaceutical companies screwed the pooch

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/long-shadow-1976-swine-flu-vaccine-fiasco-180961994/

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

it wouldn't be the first time the doctors and pharmaceutical companies screwed the pooch

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/long-shadow-1976-swine-flu-vaccine-fiasco-180961994/

Yeah, but I'll take my chances human fallibility ahead of the conspiracy, chem trail, FEMA death camp, everything is planned by the govenment at the direction of time traveling aliens crowd.

• Like 3

I’m so jonesing for sports I’m sitting here listening to an old Kansas v Va Tech game on Sirius.  Not sure what year, but Tyrod Taylor is a freshman for Va Tech.  I don’t know how this ends, so I’m pretending it’s live.  Pathetic.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I've never negged anyone other than a blatant troll, but damn if you aren't getting close.  This memory is the only thing saving your rep at the moment.

200.gif

I can take it. I was at that game at Jerruhworld.  Oh, and also in Austin in 2010. 

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

If they play 2016 KU-Texas next you might want to keep quiet about it on here.  Just a friendly tip.

Fuck you. 

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Charlie was good to us too.  Coin flips aren’t his strong suit.  

And fuck you, too.

It's late.  I'm tired.  Bad week.  Sick and fucking tired of nothing but bad news.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I’m so jonesing for sports I’m sitting here listening to an old Kansas v Va Tech game on Sirius.  Not sure what year, but Tyrod Taylor is a freshman for Va Tech.  I don’t know how this ends, so I’m pretending it’s live.  Pathetic.

Can you hear the pacing footsteps of a 500 pound man on one of the sidelines?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Latest COVID testing information from MLB. 6 positives out of 10,548 tests in the past week.

spacer.png

That small number will change. This slippery little bugger will invade their safe spaces. The question will be, what will they do when it does so in force?  I’m sure the infected will be quarantined, but what if that’s the greater part of a team?  

24 minutes ago, nnm said:

That small number will change. This slippery little bugger will invade their safe spaces. The question will be, what will they do when it does so in force?  I’m sure the infected will be quarantined, but what if that’s the greater part of a team?  

Have the uninfected share glasses with the infected and get to 100% infected, and then it's over in a couple of weeks and they can't catch it again (most likely)????

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Have the uninfected share glasses with the infected and get to 100% infected, and then it's over in a couple of weeks and they can't catch it again (most likely)????

Good plan, except for those unfortunate managers and other staff that happen to be old like Dusty Baker, or those unfortunate grounds crew members, or maintenance people, or cleaning staff, that happen to be older and have underlying conditions. Oh well, they’re weak and need to be culled anyway, amirite?

36 minutes ago, nnm said:

Good plan, except for those unfortunate managers and other staff that happen to be old like Dusty Baker, or those unfortunate grounds crew members, or maintenance people, or cleaning staff, that happen to be older and have underlying conditions. Oh well, they’re weak and need to be culled anyway, amirite?

I was thinking more in terms of quarantining them somewhere, dropping off meals to them, and then after a few weeks when it's run its course, let them out, let everything sit for another week, and then go clean everything up.  Expensive, to be sure, but cheaper than paying them to sit at home.

Honestly, the staff needs to be worried less about the players and more about coming into contact with the shit-ton of people who do not work for the team - visiting teams, fans, vendors, inspectors, temp workers at the stadiums, etc., etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

There are definitely a few of the old, fat, asshole umpires that would not be missed.

Could say the same about the Big 12 refs. Yay, COVID!