College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

9 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It's pretty sad that Penn State program has a better handle on what's going on than any Big 12 program

I don't think that's true at all.  It's pretty clear that UT is just trying to get as much money from fans as possible, before they announce that there will be no fans, and then later announce that there will be no season.  Heck, they've basically said exactly that, in reaching out to season ticket holders and boosters and asking if they're willing to let UT hold onto their money, or even make it a "gift."

is Pedo State being less mercenary?  Sure, I guess.  But I don't believe for a moment they have "a better handle on what's going on" than Texas, or many other programs in the B12 and around the country.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I don't think that's true at all.  It's pretty clear that UT is just trying to get as much money from fans as possible, before they announce that there will be no fans, and then later announce that there will be no season.  Heck, they've basically said exactly that, in reaching out to season ticket holders and boosters and asking if they're willing to let UT hold onto their money, or even make it a "gift."

is Pedo State being less mercenary?  Sure, I guess.  But I don't believe for a moment they have "a better handle on what's going on" than Texas, or many other programs in the B12 and around the country.

What I wonder: we have about a years' time, before the ol' rivalry games of Texas @ Arkansas, & Nebraska @ Oklahoma...

What if next season is played, but vaccines are still running in trial mode, thus capacity for most games are at less than 25%... 

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

By jove, I believe you've cracked the Championship code.  A 5'9" WR will solve all of UT's woes. Sure, there are 130 Division I programs and just one of them (Hawaii) invited him as a preferred walk-on. But you know that he must be a program changer. I bet you crush on Franchise mode.

Fair points and I pos-repped you for employing the humor procedure. My point was less about his ability and more about his ATTITUDE compared to the entitled mentality of our perennially under-achieving players. We have dudes who have accomplished nothing to virtually nothing on the field thinking they have created any leverage. 

And if we have another mediocre to shitty season, woe to the wokers who come back here and post how "they've never been more proud of these Texas Longhorns who helped create real change." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

"Hi Chris Del Conte here - are you still interested in season tickets, or at our discretion without notice, making an unplanned donation?" 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

It's pretty clear that UT is just trying to get as much money from fans as possible, before they announce that there will be no fans, and then later announce that there will be no season.  Heck, they've basically said exactly that, in reaching out to season ticket holders and boosters and asking if they're willing to let UT hold onto their money, or even make it a "gift."

We're Texas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

What I wonder: we have about a years' time, before the ol' rivalry games of Texas @ Arkansas, & Nebraska @ Oklahoma...

What if next season is played, but vaccines are still running in trial mode, thus capacity for most games are at less than 25%... 

Fuck all that.  Next year will be 100%.  They may have some passport you show to prove you had vaccine.  But no way we aren’t 100% next year.  

• Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck all that.  Next year will be 100%.  They may have some passport you show to prove you had vaccine.  But no way we aren’t 100% next year.  

I think they just scan you for the 5G chip in your body. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think they just scan you for the 5G chip in your body. 

Won't even need to scan us, they will have tracked us all the way from our homes, to the tailgate party, to the game.  They'll know exactly how many beers we've pounded before entering, they'll know what brands, and the chips will direct us subliminally to the nearest beer stand that serves our favorite.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to the painless simplicity of it all.

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

see herpaderpa post last page

21 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

What complete horseshit.  New Jersey and Pennsylvania currently have 14 day quarantine requirements that would apply to visiting teams (Iowa, Indiana, Nebraska, Illinois).  Same requirements for either Rutgers or Penn State visiting a state on the list and then coming home (Purdue and Ohio State). This is nothing more than wasted time and effort producing a wishful fantasy.  Sanctioned clickbait.  I guess B1G figures if they believe and clap hard enough they can make the season come back to life.

ACC will also have to deal with this for Syracuse, Pitt, Boston College and Notre Dame. And who the fuck is going to go to Miami or Florida State? The TV footprint spread of the major conferences is going to be the fly in the logistics ointment that would prevent anything close to a full season.

this one.  no fans is the next step on the denial/bargaining comm tree posted above in an attempt to deal with this while keeping the money grab alive.  any team from PA, NJ and north has a 14-day quarantine problem both coming and going.

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Even the Pedo State truthers might be pissed off at this. 

If there's anyone who deserves to be fucked in the ass..... it's a bunch of fans that turned a blind eye to it when it was happening to kids.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what in the everlovingfuck is that.

Some girl that was all over youtube & whatnot for the "boomer" phrase... Now back to our regular scheduled stuff on 2020 football:

Edited by kopp0e
4th&Five beat me to the Miami story...

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Won't even need to scan us, they will have tracked us all the way from our homes, to the tailgate party, to the game.  They'll know exactly how many beers we've pounded before entering, they'll know what brands, and the chips will direct us subliminally to the nearest beer stand that serves our favorite.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to the painless simplicity of it all.

They'll mail out your DWI after you've pounded your 8th beer in the 4th quarter. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Rumors from a few that the Big Sky Conference (Montana fan/ faculty here) is going to bail on the fall, possibly play 8 game conference schedule in the spring.

Ya know what?   I don't think I'd mind it at all if Power Five football stayed in the fall and the conferences that choose not to compete at that same level started up a spring league.  Could boost their revenue or provide more opportunities for more games on the telly.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

Ya know what?   I don't think I'd mind it at all if Power Five football stayed in the fall and the conferences that choose not to compete at that same level started up a spring league.  Could boost their revenue or provide more opportunities for more games on the telly.

Right on the nose. Give that man a cigar!

In a meeting earlier today, the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) Presidents' Council postponed conference schedules and championships for fall sports (Football, Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer, Volleyball) to the spring semester except for cross country which shall compete as originally scheduled. Additionally, the Council agreed that men's and women's golf could continue its non-championship segment competition this fall.

After considerable deliberation, the Council's decision was made based on the recent National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Board of Governors' mandate of the NCAA Resocialization principles and the Division II Presidents Council decision to cancel fall championships. The RMAC decision allows league members further opportunity to align with the student-athlete safety measures outlined in the NCAA document to prepare for competition.

The determination on sport status was made based on the NCAA risk rankings of sport. As it stands currently with NCAA guidance, cross country and golf are lower risk than all other fall sports. Further details on the structure and scope of the spring semester practice and competition schedules for postponed sports will be released in the coming weeks.

Practice opportunities will be available in the fall semester for fall sport student-athletes per Division II rules and at the discretion of each RMAC member institution. As has been the case throughout the past five months, the RMAC will continue to monitor local and national developments regarding health and safety, along with association guidance to make any necessary adjustments moving forward.

On Thursday, the Louisville men's soccer team announced that three players have been dismissed from the team as a result of an organized party that took place last weekend. As a result of attending the party, members of four different fall sports teams tested positive for COVID-19.

The party led to the school temporarily shutting down voluntary activities and preseason practices for four Louisville sports including men's and women's soccer, field hockey, and volleyball. Multiple other student-athletes from those teams were forced to quarantine as a result of being in contact with people that tested positive for COVID-19.

"I'm extremely disappointed in these young men and particularly with the three that have been dismissed," Louisville men's soccer coach John Michael Hayden said in a statement. "They have demonstrated with their actions now and previously that they do not echo the culture of this program. Our student-athletes are held to a high standard of conduct as representatives of our program and university."

"I fully support John Michael's decision," Louisville Vice President and Director of Athletics Vince Tyra added. "It is clear that these student-athletes did not meet the code of conduct of the university or their team. Ignoring the safety protocols issued by federal, state and local officials, as well as the athletic department, is unacceptable and dangerous. Their history of actions are not in alignment with the values of this university and athletics department."

Interesting.  Wonder what they would have done if one of the guys was the quarterback?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

If there's anyone who deserves to be fucked in the ass..... it's a bunch of fans that turned a blind eye to it when it was happening to kids.

Penn State will pipe the sound of rhythmic slapping into the stadium to compensate for the loss of crowd noise.

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

like i said before  this is the new skip the bowl game, skip the season to focus on the draft.  this will be come a thing in post covid years watch  shitty dudes wont, but 2 seasons of film and accomplishments skip the last one and private train up enter draft 

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

like i said before  this is the new skip the bowl game, skip the season to focus on the draft.  this will be come a thing in post covid years watch  shitty dudes wont, but 2 seasons of film and accomplishments skip the last one and private train up enter draft 

No, this is covid skipping in uncertain season. This will not be the new norm. Most players want to play, not train. (which they also do)

• Hook 'Em 2

SEC will test players twice per week, typically Sunday and Wednesday. The other conferences need to do this, especially for the first month when we'd expect to see a higher number of positives. Wish it could be daily, but hopefully this snuffs out any team-wide outbreaks before they get going. Also really cuts down on chances virus transmits during a game.

SEC also requiring face coverings for everyone on sidelines. Even participating players are supposed to have neck gaiter they can pull up when they come off the field (that one seems tough and probably not necessary).

BYU fans are cunts.

PM'd by TeddyBearStallion

What has ISU done to be included in the P5? BYU has done much more than your junior college of a school to be included, while ISU hasn't done jack shit and is not much better then a junior college..  Seriously, ISU is a joke. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

BYU fans are cunts.

PM'd by TeddyBearStallion

Well, fuck the Teddy bear. ISU never gets enough credit in these convos. And BYU... I think many would agree that's the weakest national title claim in history (besides whatever new random year Aggy glues to their stadium).

Edited by LTbear
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1