College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

3 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Where was this?

On our $9.95er site. Tracy Pierson tends to not throw shit out there unless there is something to it.  Not a done deal, but it appears to be leaning that way.

There are rumors circulating that the Pac-12 could decide soon to shut down football for the fall season. We have yet to confirm it from reliable sources, but we are aware that the conference's presidents and chancellors are increasingly wary of the potential risks of liability.

• Hook 'Em 2

Has there been a COVID liability lawsuit that has any legs in the five months we've been dealing with this? Meatpackers, Amazon warehouses?

I know it takes time and money for those things to unfold, but surely Pac-12 realizes the legal odds are in their favor. Watch the movie "Dark Waters"...DuPont was knowingly poisoning drinking sources, they had to settle some suits years later but they aren't exactly out of business today. Whether that's right or WRONG is a cloak room matter

43 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Well, fuck the Teddy bear. ISU never gets enough credit in these convos. And BYU... I think many would agree that's the weakest national title claim in history (besides whatever new random year Aggy glues to their stadium).

LOL, TeddyBear coming in to neg all my posts now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Has there been a COVID liability lawsuit that has any legs in the five months we've been dealing with this? Meatpackers, Amazon warehouses?

I know it takes time and money for those things to unfold, but surely Pac-12 realizes the legal odds are in their favor. Watch the movie "Dark Waters"...DuPont was knowingly poisoning drinking sources, they had to settle some suits years later but they aren't exactly out of business today. Whether that's right or WRONG is a cloak room matter

The courts are going to be a clusterfuck and a half for years with bankruptcies, unlawful detainer actions, liability suits, etc, etc.  But I'm guessing they are getting out in front of what is likely to take place across the board.  These aren't pro athletes, and it becomes an entirely different equation both logistically and from a liability standpoint compared to pro sports.

18 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Really liked watching him play at Purdue. Gotta go make that $$$ though.

It will be interesting to see how this affects him. He only played one season (injured most of last year). This is not going to improve his draft situation. 

Smitty can't help himself. His true cunt colors always come through. Shame he spent all summer convincing you all that ah... he isn't that bad.

Yeah. He is. He's an insufferable little cunt. Fuck him and fuck byu forever. Can't wait until this name gets banned and he comes back as someone else. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Rumor mill starting to swirl big time that P12 chancellors and presidents may vote to cancel fall football soon, irrespective of what other Power 5's do, due to liability concerns.

I dont want any football canceled,  but kind of shuts the door on the we are united group. 

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is BYU known for its high level of academics? 

Sure.  Just ask their pissed off alumni.

This is how obnoxious BYU fans are:  Back in the Hoiberg era, we played a non-con out there.  They were a solid program at the time as well, and it was a hard fought game.  If any of you hoops guys can recall, we had a dude named Melvin Ejim.  Senior captain.  Model citizen, all around nice guy, academic all Big 12, and he's fucking Canadian for crying out loud.  He fouls out late in the game, and we hold on to win.  As he's heading to the bench, the fans were so bad that he actually flipped them off as he sat down.  A Canadian did that.  This guy played in multiple games in Phog Allen, Bramlage, WVU Coliseum, Carver-Hawkeye, etc where they were on the end of angry, pissed off road fans.  None of those places got him mad enough to flip the crowd the bird.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Does the member "Gaelic" or "TweedCap" ring a bell with anyone

TweedCap must have gotten crowd-sourced so fast I don't remember it.  Schmitty was his first username.

Thanks for responding.  He'll be back in about 5 minutes with a new username.  He's a cockroach.

Edited by Beau Vine

27 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Does the member "Gaelic" or "TweedCap" ring a bell with anyone

Or smitty, wash my eyes after the shag, windowcougar. There were a couple others that would get banned and then he was back. He can't help himself. 

39 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Lol what a bunch of dumbasses...wait....fuck!

To be fair, your alma mater was fairly tolerant of fornication of the forced variety.

I'll stop now, because you're good shit and a quality poster (even if I despise your school).

3 hours ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

Get back to me when ISU can match the high level of academics of BYU.  There's a reason we are recruited nationally. 

come on smitty.  you're not AAU.  UU is.  evey aggy somehow got invited.  you are not recruited nationally.  your keys, washings and annointings at age 12 pre-program you fit for military and/or spying careers.  you are hired in to brethren-run businesses or by brethren bosses, much like the aggy network.

ISU is AAU.  you're not.

In addition, surly you must know your Brethren history.  In 1838, and again in 1845 and 1846, the people of Iowa did more for the brethren than the people of any other state in the 190-year history of your "church".

so stop attacking ISU and find another outlet for your misery.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1