College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

5 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

But if the ACC, SEC and B12 got together and added one more you'd get 40, which means:

spacer.png

Think of if MD, think of it!

No adds. Keep it at 39.

3 division of 13. 12 games played in division.

The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria

Bt07jzICYAAK9CP.jpg:large

Top seed gets a bye. 

2vs. 3 then winner plays 1 in CFB championship game. Covid football champion ship.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

Except Belgium isn't counting like everyone else.   They list suspected and confirmed cases as deaths and most come from care centers.   A lot of the deaths elsewhere, including the US, can show up as other side effects, like pneumonia, instead of confirmed.

However, none of this is CFB related so you can probably go find a better soapbox princess.

That would be Mr. King to you son, but take it up with your sister, she started the risk data game.. which kind of factors into this conversation a bit don’t ya think?  Maybe?

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Veerbone said:

I see a tool set purchase in your near future.

I think it's funny that you think this helps you. I never even implied that I didn't know why you made a stupid post, or what caused you to make the obvious mistake. Indeed, I agree it was perfectly obvious what tripped you up when you made the post. I even quite clearly referenced that understanding in my initial post. But just because I understand why an idiot makes a mistake or exactly what error they made, that doesn't make them less of an idiot. Like this, for example:

tempsnip1.jpg

Just like with your post, everyone knows the mistake that she made. That doesn't mean she didn't make a dumb mistake. It's okay, buddy, accept it and move on.

Now I'm pretty much done with this because nobody else cares, the point is made, and a real conversation is going on. So enjoy the rest of your day.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, jinx said:

I love how everything in life has to be somebodies fault.  Now, of course it isn't China's fucking fault for unleashing this awful virus on the world, but it is the fault of anyone who had skepticism about the seriousness of this disease.

Anyone that didn't think that this virus would exist for 18 to 24 months in some shape or form is an absolute fucking moron.  Had the entire population sown masks to their faces in February, we would still have college football at risk this fall.  Do you seriously think if we locked the whole country down in March, we would just go back to life as normal in time for college football to kick off?  Are you that stupid?

No, but it would’ve given us a chance instead of the current clusterfuck we’re in. 

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think it's funny that you think this helps you. I never even implied that I didn't know why you made a stupid post, or what caused you to make the obvious mistake. Indeed, I agree it was perfectly obvious what tripped you up when you made the post. I even quite clearly referenced that understanding in my initial post. But just because I understand why an idiot makes a mistake or exactly what error they made, that doesn't make them less of an idiot. Like this, for example:

tempsnip1.jpg

Just like with your post, everyone knows the mistake that she made. That doesn't mean she didn't make a dumb mistake. It's okay, buddy, accept it and move on.

Now I'm pretty much done with this because nobody else cares, the point is made, and a real conversation is going on. So enjoy the rest of your day.

It’s always fun when the tool of ignorance keeps doubling down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

DNAguy missed an incredible opportunity.

If he was as well funded as he wanted to

be he could have stuck it out, invested in this bubble in

the market & been funding college for his kids in addition to get-

-in' paid this fall

Alas, he didn't & now too late to put together.

What a completely shit take that does nothing to further the conversation.

This guy is paid for his thoughts?

Edited by Dnaguy

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

What college player would go play in the XFL?  

If CFB is cancelled why wouldn't Justin Fields accept a 1 year $5 million deal to play in the XFL this season?  Why wouldn't any player who intended to enter the draft in April?

They want to play football this fall.  They can't play college ball.  They can't play NFL ball. That would be the only option and the XFL would've paid top dollar for access to talent they would never normally be able to get.

4 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

If CFB is cancelled why wouldn't Justin Fields accept a 1 year $5 million deal to play in the XFL this season?  Why wouldn't any player who intended to enter the draft in April?

They want to play football this fall.  They can't play college ball.  They can't play NFL ball. That would be the only option and the XFL would've paid top dollar for access to talent they would never normally be able to get.

The XFL was never in position even pre covid to offer salaries like that.  Their average salary is less than 100k.  No one with an NFL future would risk going and playing with a bunch of scrub players and scrub coaches and risk injury or potential damage to their draft stock.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I cannot wait until this is all over and we can quit Cloak Rooming the Football board. 

Same. I can’t stand that I’m sitting here hating politicians instead of focusing on what really matters. Hating ou and the sec. 

8 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

So the Rock is going to pay Fields 1/3 of what he paid to get the XFL? Seems feasible. 

It's just a lost year like if he had to sit out with an injury. It sucks but that's life sometimes. The NCAA will probably be incredibly flexible in terms of eligibility. The NFL only cares about the number of years at college. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 1

Just now, TonyTexas said:

That’s almost 100 times the average XFL salary and 10 times what Cardale Jones and Landry Jones were making. 

And would be worth every penny to the XFL.  If CFB was cancelled and the XFL was able to land 50 of the top CFB players at say $100 million total in contract, they would make that back easily in TV deals.  ESPN would pay much more than that to replace all the CFB they are losing.

Just one year deals for the players and the league.  Everyone wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The XFL was never in position even pre covid to offer salaries like that.  Their average salary is less than 100k.  No one with an NFL future would risk going and playing with a bunch of scrub players and scrub coaches and risk injury or potential damage to their draft stock.

So he'd play for Ohio State for free risking all that, but not the XFL for $5 million?

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That’s almost 100 times the average XFL salary and 10 times what Cardale Jones and Landry Jones were making. 

Well, he's easily 10x better than buttfuck Jones

5 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

And would be worth every penny to the XFL.  If CFB was cancelled and the XFL was able to land 50 of the top CFB players at say $100 million total in contract, they would make that back easily in TV deals.  ESPN would pay much more than that to replace all the CFB they are losing.

Just one year deals for the players and the league.  Everyone wins.

this

3 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

So he'd play for Ohio State for free risking all that, but not the XFL for $5 million?

this

Just now, Don Johnson said:

He's not risking either right now since there is no college season.  He's not making 5 million in the XFL because they don't have 5 million to give.  I guess your point is if the XFL had unlimited money they could basically draft the top 50 players and everything would be awesome?  Well they don't have that kind of money and never claimed to.  I guess by that logic everybody missed out on this awesome opportunity.

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

I’m guessing this has been the story of your life for quite some time.

I mean, I pay attention to both in normal times. Though politics wise I’m normally nowhere near as in to it as I am now for obvious reasons. But yeah, normal times it’s UT sports and lightly keeping up on current events. Fuck you, 2020!

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So the Rock is going to pay Fields 1/3 of what he paid to get the XFL? Seems feasible. 

Just the P5 schools were paid $1.5 billion in television revenue last year, most paid by ESPN.  That programming is about to be gone, and that money not paid.  If the XFL could bring in top CFB talent for a season, tell me why ESPN wouldn't pay $300 million to air the games?  And why wouldn't top CFB talent not play for a six to seven figures for a single season while waiting to be drafted in the spring.  They wanted to play for free this year.  Win, win for everyone.

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This will count as his 3rd year and he'll be drafted in April. Why would he risk that for the XFL in the Spring?

The tweet said Fall.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He's not risking either right now since there is no college season.  He's not making 5 million in the XFL because they don't have 5 million to give.  I guess your point is if the XFL had unlimited money they could basically draft the top 50 players and everything would be awesome?  Well they don't have that kind of money and never claimed to.  I guess by that logic everybody missed out on this awesome opportunity.

Well...yeah, as the tweet says "If the XFL was as well funded as they wanted everyone to believe."

That said, if they were still an active league, I think they could get the funding pretty damn quickly once CFB is gone.

3 hours ago, Bartles said:

Fraschilla twitter has been rattling towards off the hinges the last couple days

Fran has a tendency to go off the rails. At St. John’s, he pulled out his cojones as a way to fire up his team. At UNM, he wore out his welcome with some crazy antics.