College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

Friend of mine just came up with a genius idea. 130 division 1 teams. Seed them all and have a single elimination tournament that starts in December. 7 games and you’ve won it all, assuming a play in game at the start.

It reduces exposure because fewer games, most teams only play a few games, and the entertainment value would be incredible.

How do you rank the teams? Last years sagarins predictor?

I mean that’d be awesome

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Except they do what college kids do and the people they come into contact with doing college kid things take the virus home to middle aged parents and elderly grandparents. Not to mention all of the middle aged and older staff members they encounter on campus and at events.

So, it's going to be a problem.

I think it’s going to be more of a problem if the players lack the structure that football provides. *See how many players showed up to camps testing positive as opposed to positive tests during camps.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So if the ACC, SEC, and B12 all play in the Fall and the P12 and Big 10 move to the Spring, what happens to the National Championship picture? 

What happens public perception wise to the value of these conferences to networks? If there is no nations title implications, what does it do to their TV pay out? Lots of little wrinkles that could kick them in the nuts if only 2 of the P5 push to the fall...

It's almost like teaching your fans that only the "national championship" matters for a boost in tv money was a bad idea

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I wish the President would’ve stayed out of this one. People just dig in immediately. Most of sports media will now push hard against season even starting, right or wrong.  

He has a compulsive need to insert himself into every conversation. /nocr

But fortunately I think you are wrong. President news moves along so fast in a few days people will forget he ever said anything.

Can you folks that have a personal dislike for Icono take it to another thread to discuss trannies, tailored jerseys, Cougar High, etc.? It gets really tedious reading these takes in every thread in which he posts. It's starting to remind me of the gaggle of clingers that used to follow Rocko and Derka around posting the same dumb takes about pay stubs, Camaros, obesity, etc. 

Fuck off dude. The guy is a loser, a liar, a horrible person, an addict, a thief, a narcissist, an adulterer, and a cat owner. He is soft. He is short. And fat. And weak. And balding. He deserves to be called out every.single.time he posts here or anywhere. He is human garbage. He is THAT bad.    

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So why is the sec stopping at 10 games?  Why not do a whole 13 game round robin, with 6 home and a neutral site game for each team?  Could move aggy/arky back to jerrryworld, keep the WLOCP in Jacksonville, maybe play the iron bowl in Birmingham again, create a few more, and hold an exhibition season to get the most money?  If shit goes sideways in week 7, who cares if you have to cancel 2 weeks or 5 weeks?

38 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Seems like every day is the day before it all shuts down. Today it was supposed to be the Big 10, tomorrow is supposed to be the Pac12. We'll see....

Cans are being kicked down the road as far as possible. Unfortunately there is not much road left to kick them down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Can you folks that have a personal dislike for Icono

Personal dislike? I wouldn't call it that. I'm sure most people on this site haven't met.

He posts profoundly stupid shit. That's his prerogative, of course, but people are as free to call that nonsense out as he is to post it.

Edit: I actually missed the but about the negging upthread. So that is more personal, but, you know, when you start firing off negs to piss people off, well...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Cans are being kicked down the road as far as possible. Unfortunately there is not much road left to kick them down.

A vaccine won't be available next month. The most optimistic estimate of daily covid cases in the US come mid september is still around 40,000 new cases/day (We're at ~55,000 cases/day right now). They have to know that the virus will still be around no matter when they plan on starting so I'm not sure why they keep kicking the can, unless they are planning on playing knowing that the virus still be spreading at whatever week/month they decide to start football.

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

A vaccine won't be available next month. The most optimistic estimate of daily covid cases in the US come mid september is still around 40,000 new cases/day (We're at ~55,000 cases/day right now). They have to know that the virus will still be around no matter when they plan on starting so I'm not sure why they keep kicking the can, unless they are planning on playing knowing that the virus still be spreading at whatever week/month they decide to start football.

Because they don't want to make a decision. They are screwed both ways.

What they are hoping to change in the next few days I have no idea.

Hey! Imagine that! iconotard negged me again! It must be fine making a fool of yourself around your peers. You’re too cocksucking moronic. I bet you feel great spouting idiotic shit while your friends(if you have any) and your children are listening and all they can think about is how little intelligence you have. Christ, your kids probably hate you like everyone else. Little fucking snowflake. Mmmmm I’m loving these “alpha male” tears you fucking fragile little tranny blower

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

24 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

As if the subtext of this thread weren't depressing enough, it has evolved into the absolute bottom of the barrel of this website. The cloak room has miraculously managed to fuck the realignment thread, and this abortion of a thread is the offspring. And just to top it off, now featuring icono's billowy asshole.

Say what you will about the year 2020, you have got to give it credit as it refuses to give up on things getting progressively worse no matter how awful they already are. Enough already, you win.

It’s impossible to separate politics with college football right now. A BUNCH OF FUCKED UP SHIT IS HAPPENING IN OIR COUNTRY. IF YOU CANT CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS ON HERE, THIS IS THE WEONG SITE FOR YOU!!!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

7 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

A vaccine won't be available next month.

No worries guys. Putin’s got this. He likes CFB. 

Which of you yahoos is first in line for the Russian vaccine?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/11/russia-claims-to-have-registered-first-coronavirus-vaccine.html

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

They would only be out of action "for weeks" because we choose for them to be because the entire world is a bunch of gigantic pussies right now.

But there's no medical reason for them to be out of action any longer than if they caught regular influenza, probably less if they aren't actually ill or having symptoms.

Everyone acts like it's the end of the world if you catch it. It's not. It's not even close unless you are old or infirm. Let it spread and let people be immune. People have been spreading viruses and getting sick  and then getting well for thousands of years. It's nothing new. 

People are panicking because they are being told to panic, not because the numbers actually say they should. 

Don't think I've ever seen a post that had 12 reactions and a net rep effect of zero (so far), much less anything I've ever posted personally. Talk about polarization. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

The governor of Florida said without question the ACC and SEC should play. If college football is to be saved it will be the South coming to the rescue. I hope our governor and big cigars start applying pressure too. I would love to see the PAC-12 slide even further to irrelevance by refusing to play. A XII, SEC and ACC super conference schedule for 2020 would be badass 

Lol our governor has handled COVID so poorly that it has made our state on of the hottest spots for it. Only other governor to handle it worse would be Florida.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Don't think I've ever seen a post that had 12 reactions and a net rep effect of zero (so far), much less anything I've ever posted personally. Talk about polarization. 

Did you really write that thing you quoted?

Ha.

An angle that many college football fans may not yet have considered.  The right to football may be protected by the first amendment.

https://babylonbee.com/news/college-football-fans-say-ban-on-sports-is-infringing-on-their-right-to-worship?utm_content=bufferfa94b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Haha 1