College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe. But it could also fuck us if we play and a bunch of Big 12 players get myocarditis and can no longer play football and have to live with a lifetime of issues because the Big 12 decided things we work out fine. And don't kid yourself. Kids are still going to go to Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin. 

This. Jesus, PedoU had an assistant coach literally fucking little kids in the shower and they're right back where they were before. This won't be shit...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

The Big12 being terrified to make a decision and be a leader actually may end up putting them in a pretty good position to leverage. Whatever happens no need to rush anything now, you are already last anyway. Let things play out a bit (and let us get as many practices in As possible to make up for missing spring). 

Like I've said, PAC and B1G are mostly composed of real universities that have football programs on the side. SEC and B12 mostly minor league football teams tangentially associated with lower tier universities. There was always going to be a fault line there.

ACC, idk lol who cares
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Like I've said, PAC and B1G are mostly composed of real universities that have football programs on the side. SEC and B12 mostly minor league football teams tangentially associated with lower tier universities. There was always going to be a fault line there.

ACC, idk lol who cares

What a stupid low IQ take, lol dumbass

Maybe. But it could also fuck us if we play and a bunch of Big 12 players get myocarditis and can no longer play football and have to live with a lifetime of issues because the Big 12 decided things we work out fine. And don't kid yourself. Kids are still going to go to Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin. 
Pretty sure UCLA abd USC recruiting explodes when they don't have to explain their performance.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

ACC, idk lol who cares

Yep.  Only Texas can say they belong academically in either of those conferences.  We all know Nebbish doesn’t belong academically and look who is taking this decision like shit?

17 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The Big12 being terrified to make a decision and be a leader actually may end up putting them in a pretty good position to leverage. Whatever happens no need to rush anything now, you are already last anyway. Let things play out a bit (and let us get as many practices in As possible to make up for missing spring). 

I like this.  Hold your water, Big XII.  Time to flip some teams to this conference.  2 Arizona schools?  Nebraska, Iowa?

53 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think that depends who you’re listening too.  I’d argue the B1G is biased one way and the SEC is biased in another way.  Not picking sides on this chain with you - just saying there’s a bias both ways.  

I agree they are both obviously biased. However when we talk about the true statistical and evidence-based approach to the sequela of covid, the side effects are being disproprtionaly overblown based on data thus far. 

After 5 months of covid data, I haven't seen a single article showing a significant increase in mortality or morbidity for college -aged kids. Right now the public is acting as if this is the first time anyone has heard of viral myocarditis; and we are screening cardiac enzymes in asymptomatic young adults. What does the data we have gathered the past 5 months shown?

If there is a statistically significant enough increase in the incidence of myocarditis, cardiomyopathy, coagulopathy, fibrosis in college-aged kids, then that is what we should be examining from a medical standpoint. The financial gain or liability is for the other institutions, to decide.

25 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Dominos continue to fall.  But I choose to look at the bright side knowing that we won't have to deal with Beth Mowins this Fall. 

Now you've fucking done it.  They'll probably give her some type of "Bachelor" or "Dancing With The Stars" weekly series and I won't be able to avoid her anywhere, even in my room with locked door, blocking ears and screaming for hours on end.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

ACC, idk lol who cares

Arizona State and Rutgers exist in those conferences. 

5 pages ago: The Big 12 is a joke on this whole thing... fuck Bowlsby and this conference

Now: Well well well... look who is in the drivers seat

Sidenote: There still wont be a full football season. All of this talk on this thread is purely hot air

Edited by GreenspointTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

No kidding. He brags about covering the sport for 4 decades.  You wonder how intelligent he is if he's just now noticing the lack of leadership.

In Tim's defense he's drunk much of the day.

I am, too, but you people never cut me any slack for that.

TBH I didn't read through the entire press releases from the B1G or Pac12 but I'm not sure what is compelling them to make their decision today versus waiting  a week or two or even until September 10th or so.  Was the MAC and Mtn West decision that much of a shock to their sensibilities?  Are there significant outbreaks on their campuses now that Fall camps have opened?  Were the networks pressuring them for a decision (highly unlikely)?  It seems like they could have announced that there would be no fans in stadiums, so people wouldn't plan trips or could cancel those already planned, but allow for a final decision on the Fall season much closer to when games were going to be played and with the benefit of seeing what happened among their players and staff once practices and classes fully resumed.  Might still be the ultimate decision but just seems too early to make it in my opinion.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Be real man, nobody is likely to get myocarditis. Nobody is going to die. Give the players an opt out with no penalty if they are scared. Most players will choose to play to help further their careers. They are safer under the 24 hour medical care they will get at the school than if they get it at home. 

Asymptomatic positives of all ages are presenting the onset of myocarditis.  Some, not all, but enough to make it clear we have no idea what the long-term reality will be.

Just now, BigXII said:

I hope Nebraska joins the Big 12 for one year, and the very next day after they announce they are joining the conference, Texas uses it's muscle to shut down fall football.

Is there a way we can give them last minute hope then rip it away? Big 12 CCG was peak schadenfreude that I'm still chasing after the aggy goodbye game

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

you hope Texas shuts it down? I dont, speak for yourself

I hope texas shuts it down even more now just to fuck with your bitch ass.

I also hope your dog catches covid and spreads it to your wife through sexual transmission.

Edited by BigXII
  • Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Asymptomatic positives of all ages are presenting the onset of myocarditis.  Some, not all, but enough to make it clear we have no idea what the long-term reality will be.

What percentage?  Like give us some numbers bro