College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

why not neither?

I think it's clear that Mr. NuNu is going to shoot his son if the season is canceled. He'd rather not shoot his son but it's a binary choice between the Vid and the Bullet and a choice must be made.

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

Somehow Bowlsby is going to fuck this up.

It’ll be Berlin Wall falling down level of fuck up.

idk what it will look like... but he’ll do something like cancel the season after miscounting the Votes which then causes all the other leagues to cancel and we’ll later find out it was like a 8-2 vote in favor of the season

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, crash_davis said:

Simple. Texas says you motherfuckers play or we are leaving the shitty ass conference as soon as possible. Fuck Kansas. Fuck those 2 televisions worth podunk schools.

Well, we like money and the Big 12 will retain our TV rights, minus the LHN, till 2024. So if we want to only go off 15 million a year from TV then okay. 

24 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Asymptomatic positives of all ages are presenting the onset of myocarditis.  Some, not all, but enough to make it clear we have no idea what the long-term reality will be.

So you mean Covid is acting like every other virus before it. Got it. Thanks for the breaking news.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, BigXII said:

I hope texas shuts it down even more now just to fuck with your bitch ass.

I also hope your dog catches covid and spreads it to your wife through sexual transmission.

Well hell, I don't know whether I should be uphauled or impressed with the depth of depravity in that post.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Somehow Bowlsby is going to fuck this up.

It’ll be Berlin Wall falling down level of fuck up.

idk what it will look like... but he’ll do something like cancel the season after miscounting the Votes which then causes all the other leagues to cancel and we’ll later find out it was like a 8-2 vote in favor of the season

That brain dead, feckless, empty suit is in charge of saving college football? Nothing good will come out of this. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Arizona State and Rutgers exist in those conferences. 
Tell me what you think the word "mostly" means.

Also, Rutgers would far and away be considered the second best school in the B12 and ASU would have a case for #2, no lower than #4. That's kinda the point. Just completely different cultures between those conferences.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So you mean Covid is acting like every other virus before it. Got it. Thanks for the breaking news.

In the time it took me to write this post, 7 20 year olds around the country dropped dead from Covid myocarditis. It’s just science. Ask Celine. 

Edited by GRHorn

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

New Zealand and China talk not going away in 2020 college football season discussion.

Not a surprise - GRHorn comes to complain about David Dennison.  Wulaw drags this thread the other way with his pointless off topic ranting.  And some racist little baby can't stop showing his true colors with "Wuhan Xi" virus. 

All y'all should be in timeout. 

You hush up and go to your room, no supper for you tonight young man.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, GRHorn said:

In the time it took me to write this post, 7 20 years old around the country dropped dead from Covid myocarditis. It’s just science. Ask Celine. 

And none even knew they had it. It's amazing to see the shitty job the media has done in making everyone afraid to live their lives. Covid isn't fucking AIDS.

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Simple. Texas says you motherfuckers play or we are leaving the shitty ass conference as soon as possible. Fuck Kansas. Fuck those 2 televisions worth podunk schools.

And had you likely got your wish a few years ago to jettison out of this shitty conference we’d all be on the sidelines with the rest of the Pac12.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Sure, but I don't see what the rush is. Announce another delay to the start or fall camps and games and say "we'll re-visit things on September 15." See what happens when students are back on campuses. Unless, of course, they have no intention of playing regardless.

this. Re evaluating things for an oct 1 start makes a lot of sense to me 

• Hook 'Em 1

I just dont see how anyone can expect college football to carry on in the middle of fucking worldwide pandemic. its insane. i want my Horns to play more than anyone and i miss football BAD. but its just a game and is not worth risking the health of any player. We have to be adults and put their interests above our own. 2020 sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I just dont see how anyone can expect college football to carry on in the middle of fucking worldwide pandemic. its insane. i want my Horns to play more than anyone and i miss football BAD. but its just a game and is not worth risking the health of any player. We have to be adults and put their interests above our own. 2020 sucks. 
I don't care much either way. I'm not that interested in this point but I know there are rea$on$ to play from the schools' point of view. But the dying on the hill that we have to have what would be a clusterfuck of a season is really weird. Kind of sad honestly.

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

They’re gonna be mingling on campus anyway. Should we just send everybody home?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

And had you likely got your wish a few years ago to jettison out of this shitty conference we’d all be on the sidelines with the rest of the Pac12.  

Texas would be making the same demands regardless of what conference we're in. We carry a shitton of television sets. Texas makes any conference TV contract that much more lucrative.

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

They are safer under the 24 hour medical care they will get at the school than if they get it at home. 

I believe this is almost certainly true, for most.

Be real man, nobody is likely to get myocarditis. Nobody is going to die. 

This, I'm much less certain of. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So we should tell these young men what to do with their bodies?

Last I checked, they know the risks, they want to play.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

They’re gonna be mingling on campus anyway. Should we just send everybody home?

I have two on campus as students this fall. they will be attending all of their classes online. I dont think we should send anyone home. but i dont think they should or would be mingling on campus anyway.

Just now, 4th&Five said:

Most of them would stay in a game with a concussion. It doesn’t mean you let them. 

What a terrible fucking analogy. We wouldn’t let them practice or play if they tested positive for Covid. That shouldn’t be up to them. But playing and assuming risk should be up to them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

So we should tell these young men what to do with their bodies?

Last I checked, they know the risks, they want to play.

I dont have all the answers. I know I want football. But I also know that we should not being playing football during a pandemic. It sucks and I hate it.

Are there things that we could do to mitigate risks? Of course. To limit liability? of course. But SHOULD we be doing those things for a game? It just doesnt make sense. I know I would not risk my child's long term health over this. And yeah I have a senior at LT this fall and it fucking sucks the decisions we are having to make to keep them safe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1