College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LMAO - as a doctor I think it's amazing anyone would be dumb enough to say that nobody will die with so much certainty.  Then be so sure they call the other person a dummy.  Legit LOL

The odds are so far in their favor that I can say this with near certainty. Tons of players have had it already, and they're fine. And we get it dude, you're a doctor, with more free time than any doctor I know, providing your opinion. I have family members who are doctors that feel covid is overblown and fear driven.  Lots of opinions and yours isn't superior to every other doctors opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

3 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Logistically there was no way to properly test all conference members as much as needed to safely proceed imo.

At minimum testing twice a week at a minimum of 125 people associated with the team would result in 2500 test a week for a conference of 10 and 25000 over the course of a 10 week season.

It’s not just about testing players, it’s coaches, training staff, and doctors.

The head coach at Valdosta State (Ga.) was on this local radio this morning talking about testing and said that he had 308 personnel that need testing.  At current status he had to test 25% once every two weeks.  I think he said all 308 needed to be tested 2 times weekly to play football.

That's money Valdosta State doesn't have, and they won the national championship 2 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Actually we had zero spike in Chicago after the riots.  We closed our C19 units a few weeks after the riots.  But I'm only a doctor, not a far left hack.  

So you are saying that 100K people can get together in close quarters and not spread the virus, good to know doc.

Has anyone asked Covid how it feels about college football, since it appears according to the doctor, that it's picking and choosing who, when, and where to affect people? Maybe it's a college football fan.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Don't be stupid please, the riots caused the spike. Saying it is negligible is insulting to everyone's intelligence. Everyone except far left hacks know this. 

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Actually we had zero spike in Chicago after the riots.  We closed our C19 units a few weeks after the riots.  But I'm only a doctor, not a far left hack.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293a5d4d8da3fb0f9b90

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigXII said:

I like how you have to try and qualify "under 65" as though I'm an asshole for caring for my 70 year old parents, and also imply that we do nothing to try and prevent car wrecks and bring their numbers down. But most of all I like how you don't do anything to try and refute that you're pushing a narrative just as hard as anyone else. One that implies nefarious conspiracy and collusion among multiple industries for vague and ill defined reasons. Because all your posts are the same dumbass "wake up sheeple" mind diarrhea that has to be regurgitated ctrl-c,ctrl-v as you are doing from the totally non-mainstream, hip underground sources you listen to like Rush Limbaugh. Like, that "less than car wrecks" statistic that you totally didn't have spoon fed to you from someone else that you totally researched all on your own like a big boy. No, you're not privvy to some underground knowledge that everyone else is just too dumb to see. It's actually that your braindead narrative isn't at all logistically sound for a number of obvious reasons that anybody with a lick of sense can see. It's not that the masses are unwashed, it's that only a few rubes like yourself are willing to go swim in pigshit for show.

I actually looked it up before I made the post. Please do yourself a favor and do the same  

Total auto fatalities under age 65 in 2018 were ~50k. 

Estimated CV deaths so far under age 65 is ~40k. There is still room to grow, of course, but if it surpasses it won’t be by much. 

And it’s not even close if you look at 55 and younger, even factoring in the “stupid young drivers” factor.

I’d advise you to do your own research and come to your own conclusions if you think I’m wrong in some way or that the numbers I present above justify completely overturning our society and economy and the lives of young people and businesses that are dependent on CFB  

Again, burden of proof is a real thing. 

19 minutes ago, BigXII said:

You think this is some great big gotcha, but yes, even those were dangerous. It's absolutely awful that the policing in this country is so fucking awful, that people are willingly choosing to continue the spread of a pandemic because they consider the policing to be even more dangerous and detrimental to the country. Like, that's where we are right now, our policing is that fucking awful.

Of course, the simple minded among us would probably equate watching 18 year olds throw around pig skin to police brutality, I'm sure.

Never go go full Karen, Karen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Zero college football players will die dummy 

Mmhhhhmmmm sure. O and D lineman aren’t fat as fuck (most of the time) or anything. Christ what is it with you fucking people!?!?

htown is cool with college athletes dying so he can watch football 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I actually looked it up before I made the post. Please do yourself a favor and do the same  

Estimated CV deaths so far under age 65 is ~40k. There is still room to grow, of course, but if it surpasses it won’t be by much. 

And it’s not even close if you look at 55 and younger, even factoring in the “stupid young drivers” factor.

I’d advise you to do your own research and come to your own conclusions if you think I’m wrong in some way or that the numbers I present above justify completely overturning our society and economy and the lives of young people and businesses that are dependent on CFB  

So what?

7 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Again, this idea that the arbitrary figure of "automotive deaths" is somehow mind blowing or valid or makes Covid not a national threat? We have constantly, for decades, worked to reduce deaths from auto accidents because dying from auto accidents is a big fucking deal in the country. Your dale gribble calculus that covid deaths < car deaths = I WIN is some real hillbilly shit to behold, I'll admit, but more in a freak show carney sense.

And, just to point out, I never even refuted the figure. because your figure was arbitrary and stupid to begin with. The entire point of my post, which you still haven't addressed, is that you're nothing but a cartoon character who is about as deep as a 12 year old on 4chan who thinks that they now see the real world.

Edited by BigXII
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, BigXII said:

Again, this idea that the arbitrary figure of "automotive deaths" is somehow mind blowing or valid or makes Covid not a national threat? We have constantly, for decades, worked to reduce deaths from auto accidents because dying from auto accidents is a big fucking deal in the country. Your dale gribble calculus that covid deaths < car deaths = I WIN is some real hillbilly shit to behold, I'll admit, but more in a freak show carney sense.

And, just to point out, I never even refuted the figure. because your figure was arbitrary and stupid to begin with. The entire point of my post, which you still haven't addressed, is that you're nothing but a cartoon character who is about as deep as a 12 year old on 4chan who thinks that they now see the real world.

OK. You win. I cannot compete with your armory of fallacies. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, crimsonlonghorn said:

OK. You win. I cannot compete with your armory of fallacies. 

I'm willing to bet you only throw around terms like "fallacies" because you see them on the same loser subreddits you go to, as well.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Probably some southern family medicine docs. Do not recommend that argument.

Actually that's why I wouldn't mind arguing with those people in person.  Those type of docs spew a ton of shit left and right but when they're in any setting with other physicians...particular big city or academic types they say very little.  But when you're talking to your nephew who has a history of head injuries, you won't stop talking about everything you know.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

5 pages ago: The Big 12 is a joke on this whole thing... fuck Bowlsby and this conference

Now: Well well well... look who is in the drivers seat

Sidenote: There still wont be a full football season. All of this talk on this thread is purely hot air

The Big12 right now: 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Actually that's why I wouldn't mind arguing with those people in person.  Those type of docs spew a ton of shit left and right but when they're in any setting with other physicians...particular big city or academic types they say very little.  But when you're talking to your nephew who has a history of head injuries, you won't stop talking about everything you know.  

@The_Great_Hornsby can you confirm? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

The same reason the county judges and mayors in Texas tried to stop school from starting a couple of weeks ago: Stop it now before people realize that the panic is not as justified as advertised. 

Animated GIF

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Keep talking about auto accidents.

It's a really solid argument.

Best I can assume is he's one of those jackasses who barrels down small roads doing 90 and rolls through red lights because car wrecks aint nothing to be 'feard of.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

44 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Don't be stupid please, the riots caused the spike. Saying it is negligible is insulting to everyone's intelligence. Everyone except far left hacks know this. 

I like how when a liberal says something, it’s “Don’t CR this board” but when a right winger does it then it’s perfectly fine.

Take your fucking dumb assed Trumpy Twitter post to the CR.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

45 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The odds are so far in their favor that I can say this with near certainty. Tons of players have had it already, and they're fine. And we get it dude, you're a doctor, with more free time than any doctor I know, providing your opinion. I have family members who are doctors that feel covid is overblown and fear driven.  Lots of opinions and yours isn't superior to every other doctors opinion. 

Are they like those dentists in that video who talked about hydro?  Or like those dentists who said you can’t get pregnant from rape?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Then explain Portland and Oregon’s spike. 

I don’t have to because I believe in science. The assumption or theory was that riots caused spikes. It was pointed out by a doctor that a spike did not occur in Chicago after the riots. You can use your google machine to see that New York also did not have spike after heavy riots. You see...your theory is already showing holes. But then I can google when Oregon reopened and it was May 17, which might have contributed to any spike. Maybe? Maybe not? Is this another hole in your theory?

The main point here is you are the one that have to prove your bullshit narrative because it’s your bullshit theory. Please provide evidence. That’s how science works. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think it's that college aged kids aren't paid shit and that means even if the risk is small, there's a LOT of liability...especially the few that are looking at making millions of dollars in the pros.  

Are you arguing there should be a disproportionate amount of liability resulting in cancellation of football season for covid compared to other statistically comparable things that can happen to an athlete, i.e. other forms of myocarditis, cardiomyopathies, heat strokes, rhabdomyolosis, car accidents, CTE? Why does covid warrant shutting down the season but the others don't? What is your solution?