College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

i don't want some kid making $7 an hour deciding which fruits and meats i'm going to eat.

This.  You wouldn't believe some of the sub par produce and meats we get using curbside.  Also, their substitution process is LOL..."Lets see, they want want a 4 pack of TP but we are out, let me grab the 48 roll pack"

• Like 1

This.  You wouldn't believe some of the sub par produce and meats we get using curbside.  Also, their substitution process is LOL..."Lets see, they want want a 4 pack of TP but we are out, let me grab the 48 roll pack"

Yep. Stopped using curbside grocery shopping after about 3 times and I go around 9PM now. Easily something I should’ve been doing precovid

7 hours ago, elguapo said:

You are right, we only have exponentially more deaths than any other developed country that is not a banana republic run by authoritarians. Feel better now?

The post below is arguing with you.  And winning.

In a rout.

7 hours ago, WBT said:

We haven't done well but somehow there's this idea that we're the worst which also isn't true.  This week's economist has the following deaths per 100k population:

• Belgium 86
  • Spain 65
  • UK 61
  • USA 59
  • Italy 59
  • Sweden 58
  • France 48
  • Netherlands 37

European countries that have done well:

• Portugal 19
  • Germany 11
  • Denmark 11
  • Finland 6
  • Norway 5

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

My guess is that wearing a mask for you is virtue signalling in its finest form.  "I wear because I care!" Putting it out there in the finest Stuart Smalley tradition.  I bet you are one of those guys who wear one alone in the car going down the expressway so even more people see you wear one.  IF people were serious about masks, they would be wearing  mask types that are actually appropriate, not touching them, not reusing disposable ones, not pulling them down to talk, and myriad other things that show they have no clue.  Everything I see now looks just so half assed  compared to how one picks and uses a mask when they REALLY need one to protect their health and are serious about it.

I have wasted too much time on this (you) already.  I'll leave you to look into your mirror.

That shows the difference between saying.

Masks can protect you or slow the spread of Covid 

vs 

A Mask Mandate enforced by the government will flatten the curve of Covid cases.

The covid role model, Kamala Harris can't even wear her mask correctly and does everything you mention on national tv. 

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

USF statement doesn't say anyone caught COVID from Notre Dame, but implies that enough of their players were in close enough contact with ND players as to call off this (non-conference) game. Hopefully USF comes clean with its testing results over the next few days, it would be quite important to know if the virus can be transmitted during a game. Seems like yes but it han't been proven yet.

you heard it from me, USF would never cancel their ND game because the entire 3 game series, including a return visit, was contingent upon Saturday's game going off as scheduled.  Nothing proven but I wouldn't be surprised if SF's test results were 'unavailable' until Sunday.  

Also Charlie Weis Jr's offense looked a bit starved for oxygen. 

• Fuck You 3

24 minutes ago, elguapo said:
27 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:
Did you know that Hawaii has WAY MORE surfing injuries than Kansas?

So, we agree that my post you quoted originally was correct.

• Belgium 9,955
  • Spain 30,904
  • UK 41,914
  • USA 200,786
  • Italy 35,738
  • Sweden 5,870
  • France 31,426
  • Netherlands 6,338

Nope.  The US is not "exponentially more" than all of those.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Side bar and late to the game 

but who/why goes to grocery stores anymore? Delivery or free pickup is a fucking life saver. We do our shopping while sitting on the boat on Saturday Or Sunday  and pick it up on the way home. Sure one or two items are wrong or not there. Maybe a bad fruit or veggie occasionally but there are easy remedies for that.  Except for the occasional got to grab, or ran out of unexpectedly we don’t go inside the store.  A legitimate guess is the both of us have been inside the store maybe 6 times since may. Doesn’t count the daily beer/wine runs to corner store  

if you aren’t using the app and picking up the bulk of the groceries, you are doing life wrong. 

You know how I can tell that you eat shitty produce and meat?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, South Austin said:

My butler does my shopping while I'm sitting on the boat or Saturday and Sunday, and he picks it up for me.  You're doing it wrong. 

Haven’t had a reason to leave the ship since March, Turks, BVI, Caracao (droogs) keeping it in local waters.   Goods brought aboard on the staff chopper or high speed skiffs.

Pity the poors relying on the  their butler to deliver groceries to the house, they are doing it wrong.   

Edited by Treefidy
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Haven’t had a reason to leave the ship since March, Turks, BVI, Caracao (droogs) keeping it in local waters.   Goods brought aboard on the staff chopper or high speed skiffs.

Pity the poors relying on the  their butler to deliver groceries to the house, they are doing it wrong.   

That sounds awful (living on a yacht for 6 months). Where does one pitch the fuck tent? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

We're awaiting medical test results from Texas Tech students?

oh shit

"Im happy to report there are no positive Covid-19 tests among our players.  Unfortunately we did uncover cases of Hepatitis Q, Whooping Taint, and Spastic Nipple Syndrome, but we will deal with those with regular injections of bleach and Lysol."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

"Im happy to report there are no positive Covid-19 tests among our players.  Unfortunately we did uncover cases of Hepatitis Q, Whooping Taint, and Spastic Nipple Syndrome, but we will deal with those with regular injections of bleach and Lysol."

Beware those fat little girlfriends.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Ignatius said:

You know how I can tell that you eat shitty produce and meat?

Oh come on. That’s a stretch. Meats are average at best at grocery stores. I don’t pick out my fancy steak/meats there.  Butcher shops people. Produce can be a little tricky like I said. Other then one or two bad apples here and there it’s Not really a problem. But I’m not super uptight and I know what a grocery store really is. That being said I do miss HEB. They are the king of grocery stores. 

14 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

Oh come on. That’s a stretch. Meats are average at best at grocery stores. I don’t pick out my fancy steak/meats there.  Butcher shops people. Produce can be a little tricky like I said. Other then one or two bad apples here and there it’s Not really a problem. But I’m not super uptight and I know what a grocery store really is. That being said I do miss HEB. They are the king of grocery stores. 

But are you sending your butler to the butcher shop to pick meat out for you while getting blowjobs? That's the real question here.

53 minutes ago, mdmost said:

What the hell, SBruin?

The push by the university to become the premier public school and research university in the country has been full tilt for awhile now.  While there has been some significant investment in facilities over the years- $180 mil at the Rose Bowl, $136 mil for Pauley, $35 mil for the Mo Ostin basketball center, and $65 mil for the Wasserman Center, athletics always seems to take a back seat to academia at UCLA.  Most of the egghead admins feel like athletics is a waste of valuable resources, not connecting the dots that high achieving revenue sports will boost the university's profile, and subsequent donations.  It continues ot plague us.  We could, and should, be so much more.  I do think Cronin will end up returning UCLA to elite basketball status.  But Chip?  No, and not with the limited university support.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

The push by the university to become the premier public school and research university in the country has been full tilt for awhile now.  While there has been some significant investment in facilities over the years- $180 mil at the Rose Bowl, $136 mil for Pauley, $35 mil for the Mo Ostin basketball center, and $65 mil for the Wasserman Center, athletics always seems to take a back seat to academia at UCLA.  Most of the egghead admins feel like athletics is a waste of valuable resources, not connecting the dots that high achieving revenue sports will boost the university's profile, and subsequent donations.  It continues ot plague us.  We could, and should, be so much more.  I do think Cronin will end up returning UCLA to elite basketball status.  But Chip?  No, and not with the limited university support.

Do the students you are trying to attract care about sports though?  

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I've always wondered about every football HC that takes the UCLA job - Are they aware that the Admin is going to half-ass it or do they kid themselves when they sign the contract?

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Do the students you are trying to attract care about sports though?  

Plobabry not.  

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

I've always wondered about every football HC that takes the UCLA job - Are they aware that the Admin is going to half-ass it or do they kid themselves when they sign the contract?

I think every coach looks at the fertile recruiting grounds and all of the natural advantages UCLA should have and thinks they will be the ones to bring in top 5-10 classes.  Hell, MOra did have some really highly rated classes.  But nothing ever comes of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

But are you sending your butler to the butcher shop to pick meat out for you while getting blowjobs? That's the real question here.

How is the butler supposed to go to the butcher shop while giving him a blowjob at the same time?

Edited by HornOnTheBayou