College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

19 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

The Penn State doctor is backing off his previous comments.

https://footballscoop.com/news/on-myocarditis-and-the-big-ten/

The "30-35% appear" was laughable to say the least, glad someone looked into it & rectified his comments.   Myocarditis has been on the radar for sports for some time, smoke screen from the start.

Next week the B1G will be back on for Oct start..  PAC 12 will play as well just a question of which month in the fall.

Edited by DenverHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Damn that avatar creeps me out.

Hey, wait a minute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaye_Saint_John

The character of Shaye Saint John is described as a "model", and is shown in videos wearing a plastic mask, a series of wigs and dresses, and manipulating wooden hands on sticks. She is described as having been hit by a train which resulted in the loss of her arms and legs.[3] Instead of using prosthetics, she added mannequin parts to her face and added wooden hands so no one could see her badly deformed hands. 

Is the monolith a Scentsy candle?

I fixed it to make it less creepy. You're welcome.

Was really getting excited today to finally have football on my TV.  Fuck you Comcast/Xfinity.  I only pay you bastards $224 a month and I don't get ESPN3 or CBS Sports, the only two channels televising football, but it get 400 other worthless pieces of shit channels.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BevoSwag said:

Was really getting excited today to finally have football on my TV.  Fuck you Comcast/Xfinity.  I only pay you bastards $224 a month and I don't get ESPN3 or CBS Sports, the only two channels televising football, but it get 400 other worthless pieces of shit channels.  

Springsteen said 57 was too many. He was right.

7 minutes ago, BevoSwag said:

Cut the cord dude. Fuck em and join the streaming future

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I'll wager "Science Incorporated" has already discovered "new research" that says the Pac-12 should hurry up and do what everyone else is doing.  

College football may be the only thing strong enough to derail 6 months of induced mass hysteria.   

Edited by Monster
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Crazy thing is guy specifically spoke as if the cases he was referring to were from PSU. These kind of things are what feed the conspiracy theorists. 

I'd take myocarditis over rhythmic slapping any day. Fuck pen state. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

Crazy thing is guy specifically spoke as if the cases he was referring to were from PSU. These kind of things are what feed the conspiracy theorists. 

It’s damage control and all about optics.  Let’s all depend on PSU to be the lighthouse in the darkness.  Maybe not.  I’m guessing Sparty’s doctors are next up to help us all make the right decision for these young athletes.  Can’t make this shit up.  

21 hours ago, Bartles said:

Just like people promoting Clay Travis bullshit is a "tell" about them as a poster, so is shitting on Thamel, Mandel, Wolken and other national writers. The latter group are actual journalists so they sometimes have to update their reporting with new info, and sometimes their sources turn out to be off base. But none of them have an agenda. They may be complete assholes irl (I think we hate Thamel from some long-ago OU reporting), but you won't find them taking black/white ignorant stands on important issues like COVID.

Nah. I have hated Clay Travis for years, Pete Thamel is an OU shill piece of shit, and Stewart Mandel is a whiny bitch who has most definitely carried the Big 10’s water as they tried to force every conference to follow them and shut football down. 

Everyone doesn’t have to agree with your hot takes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Xavi said:

Potus also shouldn't be stealing money from the American people, giving no bid contracts for political favors, colluding with enemies to allow the murder of US soldiers, using the military and federal agents to attack peaceful protestors, and doing everything possible to foster the spread of a deadly pandemic. 

Yet he's doing all of it and more. 

Surly-Justice-Warrior.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

In other news,  Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren has found additional ballots  that were not correctly tabulated during the vote for fall sports.  The vote now stands at 423 for playing fall sports and 11 against.  He had inadvertently left them in the trunk of his car the morning of the vote. 

Edited by Cornfusion
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

these things seems silly to me.  the spread won't happen as much during practice or games. it's going to happen in confined spaces like, dorms, locker rooms, buses, planes, hotels...

...apartment parties, house parties, keg stands, beer pong,  asscrack-shots...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

these things seems silly to me.  the spread won't happen as much during practice or games. it's going to happen in confined spaces like, dorms, locker rooms, buses, planes, hotels...

... visiting family, visiting friends, or being stuck in a football pile with someone who just last night has....

2 hours ago, THUJONE said:

If CFB even makes it to the end of the season and we have one, two, a handful of player deaths, are people going to be in here justifying it? Of course. And it's pretty sickening.

People die playing football every single year. The numbers will not be substantially higher this year.

3 hours ago, THUJONE said:

There are a plethora of lingering issues caused by Covid. And after experiencing this pandemic now for going on six months, this country has yet to wake up and get control of it--or to account for all of the medical probs its causing down the road. Most are heart and lung related. A not insubstantial number of football careers are going to come to a screeching halt for kids who had covid and got "over" it, only to be damaged by the sequelae (some of which we know and some we don't yet). The entire endeavor to force football this year is selfish on the part of the schools and anyone pushing for it. 

If CFB even makes it to the end of the season and we have one, two, a handful of player deaths, are people going to be in here justifying it? Of course. And it's pretty sickening. 

And yes, I will watch the games if they are on. But I'd prefer they weren't for the players' sake. 

Thank you! A lot of morons on this board can’t grasp this 

• Hook 'Em 2