College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

Still choking that chicken, eh?  First you claimed the coronabros "struck out swinging", implying they were completely wrong (post #8038).  Then when called out on your error, you tried to change to a "swing and a miss" (again being wrong on both nomenclature and facts) (post #8456).  Now they're "taking it on the chin" because there will be some games this weekend, despite the fact that 2/5ths of P5 conferences aren't playing this fall.  I surmise you once more don't understand the terminology as "taking it on the chin" is actually a positive attribute.

Def: Take It On The Chin - endure or accept misfortune courageously or stoically.  

So which is it, did those predicting that COVID would greatly disrupt the college season completely wrong (struck out swinging), wrong about one thing (swing and a miss), or accepted misfortune courageously (taking this on the chin)?  Since you're wrong on all three descriptors I'm curious which hill you will choose to die on.  

BTW, there were 8,153 fans at the Miami/UAB game last night.  From 2014-2019, Miami averaged 55,822 fans.  Do you ever tire of being completely wrong?

You and Denver should get together so the combined IQ can get to low average.  Better yet, stick to watching Big Brother as that's more your intellectual speed, amirite?

Holy shit you’re really weird about this. Struck out swinging= there’s games when there were weeks of tweets that they said “no season possible “. You wouldn’t know because you admittedly didn’t read any of it.

Taking one on the chin is pretty much the same as struck out swinging. An ACC school and an NFL game on at once? With fans? Yea I’d say that’s not even struck out swinging any more...just flat out struck out looking.

Don’t you think it’s an “I told you so” society? Pick a side- stick with it and hope it works out so you can immediately hop on social media to smear the other guys face in? The coronabros would be doing that to Travis every day if the sec/big12 and acc didn’t foolishly follow the B1G.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

This thread has been a beating for a long time.  I didn’t think it could get worse. It did. 

P5 plays this weekend and this thread got worse? How? the coronabros spent weeks in June/July and August posting tweets from dork national reporters saying they just don’t see a season happening? Because posters in this thread couldn’t wait to tell us a program like NC state is stopping workouts to contain an outbreak back in July?

What makes it worse? I know you’re not going to actually answer it without basically saying “because of idiots like you”.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

This is just embarrassing

In what has to be the riskiest roll of the dice in the history of college sports, 76 universities, many of them in the South and Southwest, are embarking on the most reckless action ever perpetuated on college campuses in the name of athletics, pressing on with their quest to play football in the middle of a pandemic.

Edited by Don Johnson

16 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

In what has to be the riskiest roll of the dice in the history of college sports, 76 universities, many of them in the South and Southwest, are embarking on the most reckless action ever perpetuated on college campuses in the name of athletics, pressing on with their quest to play football in the middle of a pandemic.

He’s sooo wolken.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I think the word "simp" is fucking stupid and overused... but this guy is the definition of a simp. There is no way any red-blooded American male would write or share bullshit like this unless they are trying to appease a SO or get laid. 

What a clown.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

This doesn’t surprise me at all. Wolken only cares about writing articles that will generate clicks. He could care less about the quality or legitimacy of the content. 

c472ef68f452cde6d95e6319daf0e636.jpg
Look at those sports credentials!
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

P5 plays this weekend and this thread got worse? How? the coronabros spent weeks in June/July and August posting tweets from dork national reporters saying they just don’t see a season happening? Because posters in this thread couldn’t wait to tell us a program like NC state is stopping workouts to contain an outbreak back in July?

What makes it worse? I know you’re not going to actually answer it without basically saying “because of idiots like you”.

No, I’m not worried about you having a different perspective on the risk tolerance, and whether or not you think football should or shouldn’t be played, with or without fans. That’s all fine, and expected debate. You have a different perspective than me. Good for you. That’s what makes this country go. 

I actually want football to be played, and will go to a game if I can. 

It’s the idiotic arguing over definitions, name-calling, and bizarre references to made-up Facebook sources that has made this thread jump the shark. 

• Like 1

No, I’m not worried about you having a different perspective on the risk tolerance, and whether or not you think football should or shouldn’t be played, with or without fans. That’s all fine, and expected debate. You have a different perspective than me. Good for you. That’s what makes this country go. 

I actually want football to be played, and will go to a game if I can. 

It’s the idiotic arguing over definitions, name-calling, and bizarre references to made-up Facebook sources that has made this thread jump the shark. 

Gotcha, good post
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Plot Twist... LOL.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol what a fucking twat. The level of blatant hypocrisy it takes to write such a hyperbolic article and then clarify hours later you’re still covering CFB as usual is truly impressive, even for today’s standards. 

Perfect embodiment of Helen Lovejoy

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I am so grateful we are having a game tomorrow. May all the spectators and participants have a great, Covid free, and injury free time. I hope we can all forget about all the 2020 nonsense and enjoy some UT sports for a few hours 

Cross your fingers. I think the last covid test is this afternoon.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Obviously you don't want to see any covid spread and it increases the chances of more vulnerable people being infected, but I think Wolken is panicking a little. Unless hospitalizations start to rise, these rise is cases can be managed appropriately through self quarantine, etc. 

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Panic mode

This Dan guy seems like a gigantic cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I am so grateful we are having a game tomorrow. May all the spectators and participants have a great, Covid free, and injury free time. I hope we can all forget about all the 2020 nonsense and enjoy some UT sports for a few hours 

What song is the band playing instead of the Eyes? 

If they play the Eyes, are the players going to join in?

2020 will not be ignored!

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

What song is the band playing instead of the Eyes? 

If they play the Eyes, are the players going to join in?

2020 will not be ignored!

Actually the band is not going to be at the game so they will have to work out whether to all take knees for a future date.

• Hook 'Em 1

Per the twitters, OU AD says to date they have spent north of $430,000 on Covid testing and PPE.

Assuming a full season this year, somewhere between $3-5 million just for testing? The haves can absorb this, but the have nots gonna have to dig a little deeper (or axe more employees).

Imagine hitting up the cigars for donations to offset Covid testing.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am 100% positive the loudspeakers will play The Eyes at some point in between Taco Bell gongs, Academy ads, and weather reports of the current conditions that everyone already knows because they are experiencing it.

Now, whether or not any players sing it, or kneel through it, or dance to their own silent version of Jump Around during it, we won't know until it happens.

Edited by utee94