College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

53 minutes ago, Parliament said:

They'll make up a buncha false positives and get the Game cancelled, just to keep us out of rhe B1GCG.

Yeah a 5-0 Ohio State could make the playoffs, but we'd be very rusty. We'd get smoked. Our players need game reps.

Your conference leadership is a bunch of stupid motherfuckers. 

The dominos keep falling. Shocked we have been able to have the season that we have had so far. This is depressing but I guess expected. Again, as I have posted before, I wish we had a true CFP system. We don’t. Not saying that this would save the season this year but I think about the conferences that have already almost played a full season and feel like they shouldn’t be penalized bc they aren’t a Bama or don’t meet whatever whacked criteria the committee has. I see RC Slocum is on that committee. One of two HCs. 

6 hours ago, immamac said:

Starting to look like a really stupid idea to play this season. At least Tom got himself fired. 

Are you smoking that shit too?

spacer.png

It's been weird but eventful season so far. Get out of the doom and gloom bubble. Enjoy Cincy, SMU, IU, Liberty and the rest. Hell, your school is enjoying their best season this millenia. Why was it a stupid idea to play?

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Lulz.  Santa Clara County restricts contact sports for 3 weeks.   49ers, Stanford, and SJSU have to move home games and practices out of the county.   What a fucking laughable shitshow.   

How about UNM football and basketball moving their activities into Texas

This would make Ohio St ineligible to play in the conference title game.  
But not one of the other 6 B1G games scheduled for that day. They're gonna match the B1G West #2 with the East #2, west 3 on east 3, etc. If we don't play our last 2 regular games, we'd drop to #2 in the B1G East. We'd play Wisconsin.

Regardless, the powers that be ain't gonna keep an undefeated Ohio State out of the playoffs. I'm not saying it's right. Just the way it is.

3 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Like half the team (or more) has Covid from many rumors here (I’m in Pennsylvania)

I've read that the team is under the 5% threshold (or was) but the overall football staff had a higher ratio.  The overall staff is comprised of 170 people and I believe that number includes the players.  Gene Smith has stated that they met the criteria to play Saturday but canceled as a precaution.

46 minutes ago, Parliament said:

But not one of the other 6 B1G games scheduled for that day. They're gonna match the B1G West #2 with the East #2, west 3 on east 3, etc. If we don't play our last 2 regular games, we'd drop to #2 in the B1G East. We'd play Wisconsin.

Regardless, the powers that be ain't gonna keep an undefeated Ohio State out of the playoffs. I'm not saying it's right. Just the way it is.

Yup, they'd get in at 1-0 if necessary lol 

3 hours ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

If tOSU is out then A&M might fall ass backwards into the CFP

might, but it Cincinnati or BYU remain undefeated I think the committee picks one of them, otherwise you have ACC and SEC only. Three power conferences left out because of pandemic affecting their seasons combined with SEC bias. Won't play real well.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

I've read that the team is under the 5% threshold (or was) but the overall football staff had a higher ratio.  The overall staff is comprised of 170 people and I believe that number includes the players.  Gene Smith has stated that they met the criteria to play Saturday but canceled as a precaution.

That's the BUG covid thinking in a nutshell. 

8 hours ago, Parliament said:

I'm just not seeing an OSU team that is 4-0 or 5-0 and not a conference champion getting in,  I think the CFP committee signaled that when they ranked the Pac12 teams so low.

...BUT I predict they WILL play in the BIG conference championship game even with less than 6 games.

In order for OSU to play in the BIG conference championship game, they have to play at least 6 games OR the average number of games of all BIG teams has to be below 6.   

To reach that average of 6 games played across the league, the BIG has to play 6 of the 14 games scheduled in the next two weeks. If OSU has any more games canceled, and it's looking like they will this coming weekend I think the league office finds a way to cancel a few extra games...for the good of the league of course.