College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

53 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Say a guy without a child elite athlete.   AD's get money for programs. parents allow kids to participate.

Actually I am wrong. Our country allows 18 year old to commit 6 years of their life to the military... but they crtainly cannot take a drink!

Not many college athletes under 18.  I'm guessing most of these young adults will decide to play, understanding that their youth and health SIGNIFICANTLY reduce their already small risk.

And I am not minimizing the reality of the situation.  200k+ deaths are not insignificant. 

8 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Either that....or.....if that's not the case, "they" will have to admit that nobody has a fucking clue how or why this virus gets transmitted, outside of literally swapping spit with someone who has it.

This is the much more likely scenario. It seems this strand of Covid is pretty impervious to heat and humidity. Also, explains why Brazil is getting hammered by it right now. The only thing we have going for us right now, is the amount of treatments and therapeutics available now as opposed to March. I think it's also save to say that when in early March which 1st started getting our 1st positives test results, the saturation of the virus in the general public was probably at a multiplier of 10K per positive test result.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I earned a phd from the university of Texas so I think I understand science just fine, thanks.

Good job completely missing the point on the cost/benefit analysis of relative risks/rewards

Morons like you are why the state of Texas is currently at crisis levels with dat Rona. The entire country is likely not far behind.

Good luck with your dreams of attending a college football game this year. Spoiler alert: they’re not coming true.

You missed the satire lecture in that fine education. Very nice reinforcement of stereotypical ivory tower obtuseness, though. Well done. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

It would have to get a whole hell of a lot worse to catch up to New York.

Covid:  Challenge accepted!

If we get CFB, and I feel like we are trending away from that - hell, I'm thinking we won't have in-person classes for K-12 as it is in August, it's going to be without fans.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

I earned a phd from the university of Texas so I think I understand science just fine, thanks.

Good job completely missing the point on the cost/benefit analysis of relative risks/rewards

Morons like you are why the state of Texas is currently at crisis levels with dat Rona. The entire country is likely not far behind.

Good luck with your dreams of attending a college football game this year. Spoiler alert: they’re not coming true.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My oldest son lives in Phoenix and when I talked to him a couple of days ago it sounded like things were getting pretty bad there.  Apparently people in Arizona are even stupider than people in Texas.

Have you met anyone who went to ASU? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My oldest son lives in Phoenix and when I talked to him a couple of days ago it sounded like things were getting pretty bad there.  Apparently people in Arizona are even stupider than people in Texas.

I'm pretty sure this can be posted and universally accepted as stupid

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

No Fucking Way

If I were USF I would wait for Texas to call the cancelation on the first game. They likely will get some cash out of us, or something favorable in the way of a reschedule. 

We already paid for their head coach for a few years, so they are familiar with being in our wallet.

IIRC that game is Sept 5th, I can't see them waiting much past early August to make a decision.

28 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Florida say hold me beer.

Is Florida full of Irishmen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20% of adults polled by the AP would refuse to get a Covid vaccine as soon as one is available. With stupidity like this rampant in America, no wonder we are seeing a spike in cases now.

To be fair, I think anti-vaxxers should be denied the vaccine just to not be hypocritical.
  • Like 8

Link to that poll? I’d like to see the questionnaire wording. Wonder if “as soon as” or any “immediately” type language might dissuade a affirmative response.  

More cautious individuals might be interested in a vaccine after a wait and see period of time 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

20% of adults polled by the AP would refuse to get a Covid vaccine as soon as one is available. With stupidity like this rampant in America, no wonder we are seeing a spike in cases now.

Those 300 high school students getting together at the "Pongfest party" in Lakeway (and we now know some actively had covid) tells you that we will a) soon see a spike in cases in Lakeway and b) will have no shortage of fans showing up on game day if CFB happens.

34 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I 100% believe that.  I'm far from an anti-vaxxer, and I'm sure I'll get it, but I'm not jumping at the chance to be first in line for the most rushed vaccine ever.

• Like 3

Three different Power Five coaches in three different leagues summed up the reality of a conventional and uninterrupted college football season this week as somewhere close to impossible.

“I have no idea how we play,” one Power Five coach told Yahoo Sports. “We are cleared to have 10 guys work out at a time with no one within 10 feet of each other and have to clean the whole weight room. And two weeks later, we can line up in a walk (through) 11 on 11?”

Added another Power Five coach: “If it’s contact tracing and lose a guy for 14 days, I don’t know how we’re going to have a football season.”

The third Power Five coach quantified the chances of a 12-game season being executed in the fall without significant cancellations and chaos as “close to zero” percent.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Oh gee sorry Im not rushing in line and pushing people over to be the first guinea pig of a rushed vaccine, I guess that makes me the dumb one, considering that 99.9% of people who get this disease will survive. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Oh gee sorry Im not rushing in line and pushing people over to be the first guinea pig of a rushed vaccine, I guess that makes me the dumb one, considering that 99.9% of people who get this disease will survive. 

99.9% of people who GET the disease survive?  Where are you getting that?

• Like 2

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

99.9% of people who GET the disease survive?  Where are you getting that?

as more young people are going out and hanging in bars we've seen numbers of people in their 20's being hospitalized rise.  again, not everything is about life and death.  there are a lot of ins outs and in betweens with this disease.

Cwb-8I2WQAA1bzL.jpg

the more i hear from nfl players the more i think they don't play either.

• Like 1